Pre-Trip It's the time of your life!

You don't want to stop...it's your chance, live it up!

Remember that song? I have not had access to iTunes in oh, about 10 years...so all those Disney hits are still playing on my ancient little iPod to this day. Anyways, was listening to this song this morning, and felt some true Disney inspiration! Lines like "Cause you get the chance and you take it, Make it the best you can make it, Why should you hold back?" really spoke to me.

This pre-trip report comes a little on the later side than usual. I think it's partly because we weren't 100% sure we were going to Disney this year, coupled with the fact that when it was confirmed, it kind of felt...disappointing. It's been a humbling year for us, as we set our hearts on growing our family, but that time hasn't come for us yet. It's been hard to not associate those feelings with Disney itself, for it was my childhood, it was and is our love story, and it holds dearly many of our hopes and dreams for the future. We had so many grand visions of sharing this magical place with little ones, that it feels almost bittersweet to be going back, just the two of us. Yet here we are, and "Celebrate You" gave me life today. I have so much to celebrate in my person, and that is my loving, down-for-anything, kinda dorky, amusing husband, J. This is a time in our lives that we may one day miss, but we sure aren't going to miss out on anything now!

The Cast
Us, and our baby Pook-a-looz, Goofy & Pluto.
GP.png

Who said my name?

The Plan
September is our jam. Staying from the 2nd to the 10th at All Star Music. Usually, I like to switch the resorts up, but something about All Star Music really captured our hearts last year. I think it was Broadway. Those streets at night...*love*.

So that's a grand total of 9 days in the World, and we are planning for 7 park days, 1 nonpark day, and 1 water park day. There's a lot to look forward to:
DDQ6QNFWsAATz9i.jpg:large

MK: Happily Ever After (haven't even listened to the soundtrack yet, gosh I'm excited)
EP: Food & Wine Festival (it's been 2 years since our last)
HS: Star Wars Galactic Spectacular (we saw a dumbed-down, rain-version last year)
AK: Pandora and Rivers of Light (AK nights are about to get even more 'lit' as the kids say)

Dining will be covered ad nauseam, because eating is kind of a passion of ours.

FP+ is coming up and I'm already apprehensive.

Anyways, all of that will be coming in the next installments. If you stuck around til now, thanks for reading, and hope you will follow our next grand adventure. I'll end with a quote from the man himself:

“I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter. With the laugh comes the tears and in developing motion pictures or television shows, you must combine all the facts of life — drama, pathos and humor.”
―Walt Disney
63e9b7e9707a8671564dfac4a304c21a.jpg

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

tiggertwins

Have a wonderful trip and never give up! I went to Disney in 2012 with the thought that we won't be back for awhile as it was too hard to watch all the families. I did make a wish at the fountain by the castle and now (after nine years of disappointment and some fertility help) I have twin girls that will be 4 in November and took them on their first trip to the world last year.

belledream

Original Poster
Have a wonderful trip and never give up! I went to Disney in 2012 with the thought that we won't be back for awhile as it was too hard to watch all the families. I did make a wish at the fountain by the castle and now (after nine years of disappointment and some fertility help) I have twin girls that will be 4 in November and took them on their first trip to the world last year.
Oh my gosh, what a beautiful miracle...thank you so much for sharing! We won't give up on our dream, that's for sure! Best wishes to your lovely family!

Your trip sounds wonderful! I am glad you got the fp's you wanted.
Thank you! I just realized I forgot to acknowledge Online Check In just now. Very important stuff! :p

Your trip sounds like so much fun!
Yay, thank you! I cannot wait...these next 2 months better fly!

belledream

Original Poster
You know those comments like 'How does Disney expect me to know what I want to eat at 6 months out?' Guilty. Totally guilty. I literally search every menu item on the internet before I can commit to a dining reservation because I am shallow and judge food based on looks.

So what does that equate to? A long post complete with pictures and ramblings about 'favorites' and 'wants'! Please feel free to chime in with your own favorites, and please, for the love of Mickey Mouse, tell me if I am making a decision I will regret!

Tiffins
We have the Rivers of Light package so that means we'll also get appetizers with our meal...which means I open up the menu and my 'wants' list multiply like bunnies. While everything from the mussels to the soup make my mouth water, I am currently drawn to the Marinated Grilled Octopus, because how often do I get to eat octopus at Disney? Not very often.
Tiffins-Marinated-Grilled-Octopus-3.jpg

J initially said he wanted the bread service and I was like, NO WHAT A WASTE, and now he wants the Sustainable Seasonal Fish Causa because it looks like raw fish and that's all. He knows nothing else about it. For his entrée, it's a no brainer. He wants the Wagyu Strip Loin and Braised Short Rib, and I approve of this one. Man, isn't that beautiful?
Tiffins-Wagyu-Striploin-and-Braised-Short-Rib-3.jpg

Tiffins menu really speaks to me, so I'm on the fence with a variety of possibilities...it might be a gametime decision. (So much for my opening statement. I swear I'm not a hypocrite - this one is particularly hard!)
Tiffins-South-American-Chocolate-Ganache-1.jpg

For dessert, we're fighting over the rights to the South American Chocolate Ganache.

Brown Derby
Another dining package. Feeling indulgent I suppose. Any Famous Cobb Salad fans out there? Worth it over a crab cake or tuna? J's got the Beef Carpaccio covered already.
Brown-Derby-Cobb-Salad.jpg

Duck Two Ways is my current muse. I'm trying not to get too attached to a certain menu item at a Signature place, since they tend to disappear mysteriously!
Duck-Two-Ways-Hollywood-Brown-Derby.jpg

Well, as long as I get the Grapefruit Cake somewhere in the dessert trio, I'll be happy.

Kona Café
Words like 'Miso-buttered Strip Loin' and 'Dashi Noodle Bowl' on the new menu have us sold. Throw in some of the best desserts we've ever had at WDW and Kona Café is literally twisting our arms into going back again.
Kilauea-Torte.jpg

Hi, beautiful Kilauea Torte.

Be Our Guest
Pretty much ate our way through the entire menu, and J has found his forever food in the Grilled Strip Steak, but I'm not ready for commitment yet. Catch Du Jour was added to the menu and I want to see what it's all about! Clearly, nobody else on the internet cares, as my search for a picture was futile. Clearly that's a good sign. Anyways, here's a picture of the gone Salmon to fill the void.
Be-Our-Guest-Salmon.jpg

I regret every single BOG meal I have where I do not have my beloved Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake.
Strawberry-Cream-Cheese-Cupcake-Be-Our-Guest-Lunch.jpg

No more mistakes!

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'
We're comin' for that fried chicken! Is it considered ordering different things if J gets Art's Famous Fried Chicken and I get Fried Chicken and Doughnuts?
Homecoming-Disney-Springs-fried-chicken-and-doughnuts-July-2017.jpg

I'm afraid it's gonna be so great that we won't want to share. I have serious FOMO.
Homecoming-Disney-Springs-Hummingbird-Cake-July-2017-1.jpg

I'm totally getting the Hummingbird Cake for dessert. It's just gorgeous!

Tokyo Dining
New menu, old visitors. J has his eye on three things. The Filet Mignon:
Filet-Mignon_Tokyo-Dining_16-03.jpg

The Kurobuta Tomahawk Tonkatsu:
Kurobuta-Tomahawk-Tonkatsu_Tokyo-Dining_16-06.jpg

And the Miso-marinated Rack of Lamb. I'll probably end up getting 1 of the 2 he doesn't get because I am a great wife.

Satu'li Canteen
Yes, it's not Table Service, but the pictures are pretty and like I said earlier, I'm shallow and am going to include them. I'm still a little fuzzy on the menu/concept, so I think it's one of those things I'll have to figure out when I order, but both of us are actually really excited to try this place, and treating it like a special dinner! He'll definitely go for the Slow-roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl.
Pandora-World-of-Avatar-Satuli-Canteen-slow-roasted-sliced-grilled-beef-bowl-May-2017-1.jpg

For variety, I will probably get the Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl, but not holding myself to it if I want to go beef or fish...or even tofu!
Pandora-World-of-Avatar-Satuli-Canteen-wood-grilled-chicken-bowl-May-2017-4.jpg

And this awesome-looking-thingamabob...the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse...is literally everything J hates bundled into one, but even he wants to try it. It's that cool!
Pandora-World-of-Avatar-Satuli-Canteen-Blueberry-Cream-Cheese-Mousse-May-2017-1.jpg

The Chocolate Cake is also drool-worthy.
Pandora-World-of-Avatar-Satuli-Canteen-Chocolate-Cake-May-2017-3.jpg

Just occurred to me: you'd think these two desserts would have more interesting names, no?

Anyways, that's it for dining, actually! It doesn't seem like a lot, but I guess we are going to two Signature restaurants, have a ton of QS going on, and also have Food & Wine to work in.

F&W! That will be coming in another installment whenever they release. the. menus. In the meantime, I will have to find other ways to entertain myself.

12in12

I am glad I am not the only one that spends a lot of time looking at menus. My trip is not till January but I am already planning what to get where. Seriously considering getting a little notebook to write down meals/snack and their locations so I can use it as a reference when I am in the parks.:oops:

becca_

I am glad I am not the only one that spends a lot of time looking at menus. My trip is not till January but I am already planning what to get where. Seriously considering getting a little notebook to write down meals/snack and their locations so I can use it as a reference when I am in the parks.:oops:
You're not crazy for this!! I ALWAYS forget a snack I wanted to try on my trips and regret it when I get home.

ScarletBegonias

Ohh! I'm in! Just love your trip reports!

I love BATB too ( just got a BATB tattoo! I love it so much) and I got so emotional when I saw the live action movie! I really liked it.

Sending you fairy dust on your family dreams... Maybe that Disney magic is just what you need. :)

amjt660

Premium Member
I have also been eyeing this phone case because, as you may know, I love Beauty and the Beast.

I've watched the live action film 3 times already, the 3rd time also being this past weekend with my brother who was like "What's your problem?" as I giggled with giddiness at the Walt Disney Pictures scene before the movie even started, welled up with tears during the ballroom scene, and made him sit through the entire credits to listen to How Does a Moment Last Forever.

But that case though...

In the words of LeFou...too much?

Just my two cents but I would be concerned with the parts of the mirror frame that stick out from the side of the phone
Personally I carry my phone in my pocket (front or back) and I think that it would continually catch as I was removing it and putting it back into my pocket.

Also I would think that the constant snagging might cause this to be a weak point and they might crack/snap off

I understand the emotional attachement to the phone case - It is beautiful looking - but I fear it might not work well from a practical sense.

Thus ends the opinion of
1) a guy
2) an engineer

Max

belledream

Original Poster
Just my two cents but I would be concerned with the parts of the mirror frame that stick out from the side of the phone
Personally I carry my phone in my pocket (front or back) and I think that it would continually catch as I was removing it and putting it back into my pocket.

Also I would think that the constant snagging might cause this to be a weak point and they might crack/snap off

I understand the emotional attachement to the phone case - It is beautiful looking - but I fear it might not work well from a practical sense.

Thus ends the opinion of
1) a guy
2) an engineer

Max
Exactly my reason for not throwing my card at it immediately. Ironically, my husband is also a guy and an engineer, and is my resident-phone-holder when I don't carry a purse and he wasn't too high on the idea either.

It was just a pipe dream. :grumpy:

belledream

Original Poster
I missed a few of these replies for some reason!

But YES to food planning! It's almost as fun as eating. I definitely have a snack list with location and price...gotta maximize those snack credits! :p

You're not crazy for this!! I ALWAYS forget a snack I wanted to try on my trips and regret it when I get home.
I feel the same way except that when I'm there, I see the snack I want, and I'm too full to eat it or say I'll get it later and truly regret it. :cry:

Ohh! I'm in! Just love your trip reports!

I love BATB too ( just got a BATB tattoo! I love it so much) and I got so emotional when I saw the live action movie! I really liked it.

Sending you fairy dust on your family dreams... Maybe that Disney magic is just what you need. :)
Welcome back Scarlet!!! :D BATB tattoo? That sounds awesome! I'm not a tattoo girl but if I were, I wouldn't put many other options above that! I def cried during the trailer...Tale as Old as Time gets me every time. Thanks for the wishes! :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom