WHERE Can We Do This Again? PTN taking a trip...

D

Deleted member 107043

I just really dislike the mentality that Disney should limit how much other people (AP's, locals, etc.) can attend so that the parks meet someone's ideal crowd levels.

I think what some of us were sort of hoping was that Disney would wake up and realize that packing in as many bodies as possible into DLR every day is antithetical to operating a park nicknamed the Happiest Place on Earth. I actually find it fascinating that so many online fans who are quick to rail against Disney for overlooking its tradition of thematic integrity with GoTG and SW Land seem to be perfectly fine with Disney ruining its brand with free flowing annual passes that gridlock the resort throughout the year. It's obviously a big problem and it's only going to continue to get worse until something is done to control admissions either at the gate or with limits on the number of available APs for sale.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
Huh. Someone is apparently super passionate about those wires. Or is the Frozen gravy train coming to an end?

As usual, it was an issue of weighing costs. Somehow creating a new PTN float is cheaper than pulling down the wires.

And while the Frozen gravy train is still going strong, resentment for it internally is stronger. Personally, that Elsa didn't make the cut for Fantasmic is indicative of creative fatigue with the property.

TP2000

And while the Frozen gravy train is still going strong, resentment for it internally is stronger. Personally, that Elsa didn't make the cut for Fantasmic is indicative of creative fatigue with the property.

This is good news, and a good sign that rational thought can win out over dollars and the easy route.

TP2000

I hate the wires. I wish they were coming down. I'm more interested in an idealized version of the past where hideous wires didn't have to be strung up everywhere, myself

After all this talk of wires lately, I stood and looked at them two weekends ago on a visit. I agree with you. It's quaint that they wanted realism, but the end result isn't very pretty or charming (borrowed that word from @Kira Nerys).

I wouldn't mind one bit if they came down and the trolleys just trundled along without them. Is it realistic? No, but then nothing in a Disney theme park is. It's just stylized whimsy.

If they were going for realism, circa 1905 Main Street USA should look like this... (careful, some of those things in the street aren't dirt clods)
e72440e30b438a1d2b9841168979248a.jpg

And circa 1928 Buena Vista Street should look like this... (who has the right of way?)
00067950.jpg

George Lucas on a Bench

They would be super charming if they sparked.

Buena Vista Street would be mega charming if they cluttered it up with vintage automobiles, red cars, horse-drawn carriages etc. in a World of Motion-esque traffic jam scene.

D

Deleted member 107043

The wires are a quirky detail that only Disney Parks & Resorts would do. It's all about theater, born from the company's film making roots. Imagine the Main Street Streetcars without the horses and their smelly poop or the DLRR without a caboose.

As much as people complained about how bland DCA Version 1 was I'm a bit surprised that there's a good number of park fans here who'd be fine with a generic theme park electric trolley "bus on tracks" in DCA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom