Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

coachwnh

No food pics because it was just too dark. And TBH, the food was not as good this visit. The chips had changed (as had the green salsa) and we barely touched them. Em ordered her usual veggie tacos from the appetizer menu and the serving size had been reduced from 3 small tacos to 2 (definitely not worth $5.50 per taco!) Woody's enchilada was just okay. And my Pollo a la Rajas was not to-die-for.

It pains me that we may have fallen into the "meh" camp.

Its a real bummer when a go to doesnt do it. Sorry

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, con't

My last post had us sitting in the lounge watching the rain, without any chocolate chip cookies to cheer us up. Eventually we returned to our room where Woody did some work while Em and I vegged out on the balcony, until heavy rain chased us inside.

It was still raining when we caught the bus to Disney Springs. If not for the fact that we were meeting friends for dinner, it would have been a good night for another Polynesian Twilight Feast. :hungry:

Foodwise, our dinner choice wasn't even in the same league.
4BE99E3A-CAE0-4352-BD49-0C9FDE887BE1-9555-000011C65E7CFEB3.jpeg

But it was tasty and cheap and we had plenty of room for sundaes afterward.

156A7613-A937-418F-9E2A-8915A4CA62AD-9555-000011C8784DE772.jpeg

(@Longers I hope you're keeping count.....3 days, 3 sundaes!)

We had a nice evening with our friends and were happy to see the Poly bus loading an ECV as we approached the stop.....there'd be no long wait tonight!

Unfortunately the ride took longer than it should have due to driver error. Poly and GF share a bus on the Disney Springs route, with Poly being the first drop off/pick up. As we neared the MK resort area, our driver got into the right lane and had his blinker to turn onto Timberline Drive (WL) instead of making the left turn onto Seven Seas Drive (Poly). As we went under the WL archway, a passenger who was standing near the driver said, "You're supposed to be going to the Poly."
Driver: "This is the WL bus. It doesn't go to the Poly."
Passenger: "But we're staying at the Poly."
The driver became argumentative. "You got on the wrong bus."
When the driver pulled into the WL bus slot, he seemed perplexed that NO ONE got off the bus.
Driver (to all of us on the bus): "Where are you all going?"
The reply was a resounding "Poly!"
Guests waiting at the WL stop attempted to board the bus and he stopped them by shutting the door in their faces! As he pulled away, the driver acknowledged his mea culpa with a half-hearted apology. :rolleyes:

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't a driver know which route he is driving? After all, he was the one who pulled into the Poly/GF stop at Disney Springs and switched the bus signage to read Poly/GF. It's not rocket science.

Made it back to the lounge a few minutes before the Electrical Water Pageant started. It was still sprinkling outside so we decided to watch the EWP and HEA from inside the lounge.

All the floats were out!
IMG_8585.JPG

While the music is piped into the lounge for HEA, there were kids running around screaming (parents oblivious) and it was hard to hear it. Therefore, Em's second opinion of HEA wasn't much improved from her first.

Would it change later in the week? Stay tuned.

MerMom1981

My kids are 9 and 11 and I don't let them play on my phone! (I am a mean mommy) Although I am guilty of bringing in a backpack, because I was carrying everyone's water bottles, wet wipes (DS is not coordinated when it comes to eating), umbrella's and rain ponchos, a plastic tablecloth to sit on if it rained before a show, glow sticks, and flashlight for AK because I was warned that lighting was not good after dark and boy was that the truth. So yes, I DID need that big backpack.

I too am a mean mommy. Glad to know I'm not alone!! ;)
Also, love the plastic tablecloth idea. Brilliant!

slipperalwaysfits

View attachment 214236 View attachment 214237
Meet Miss Ryleigh James!! She was born 6/29...and the plan is her first trip will be in 2021!! (With a Disney cruise snuck in between!!) Until then, I live vicariously Tuvalu's trips!! Maybe Ryleigh and Tuvalette will meet up on a trip one day!

Congrats on the beautiful blessing!!! Enjoy this special time!!! :happy::happy::happy::happy::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

I have always love the EWP--truly, one of my most favorite attractions in all of WDW--it just never gets old for me!!

Tuvalu, I freaked to learn that they took out the ceiling fans in the guest rooms at Hawaii??!! Quite a few years ago before all the renovations at that resort, I stayed in Hawaii for a few nights--it was gorgeous. Not sure I like the room rehab they just did there.

We were in Aulani the first week of June and their fans were a saving grace to us, yes, they help the AC circulate! I'm praying Aulani doesn't remove their fans! :cool::p:D:eek::oops:

Yikes. Sorry to hear that you hit your head on that thing.

Isn't traveling fun? :cautious: I swear that every time I stay in a hotel, I always end up banging into something or tripping over something in the room. Never fails. :banghead: I always return home with bruises! :p

ME, TOO!!!:arghh::rolleyes:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday, June 20

A non-stop 12 hours of Disney fun day! And no rain, yay!

The morning started off better in that I did not hit my head against the bedside lamp. :) However when I went down to the lounge to scope out the breakfast situation it was a madhouse again ~ so I walked right over to Capt. Cooks for chocolate chip muffins and yogurt. Unbeknownst to me, @ajrwdwgirl was dining upstairs at the Kona Cafe.....I was thisclose to meeting another WDWMagic friend!

Woody and Em were up when I returned and we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in the room.

The madhouse I had encountered earlier in the lounge paled in comparison to the utter chaos at the bus stop. Clearly, no buses had been by to pick up guests in a long time!
IMG_8586.JPG

(The bus boarding area begins under the huts. This shot shows only a fraction of the guests waiting for a bus.)

A bus finally arrived.....a Disney Springs bus. Of course no one was going to DS at 8:45 am! The next bus to arrive was for AK and a few people boarded. There was another bus drought for several minutes when lo and behold......another Disney Springs bus! Followed by not one, not two but three AK buses in rapid succession.

We DHS people were getting ready to revolt.

To recap: During a 45-minute wait at the bus stop, there were 4 AK buses and 2 DS buses to arrive and depart. Not a single DHS bus.

The "helpful" intern was anything but. Why aren't interns allowed to summon a much-needed bus? He tried to keep order by having all DHS goers form a line, but there were so many of us that it was impossible. Tempers were riding high when the holy grail appeared.

And then bus door closed when Woody, Em and I were next in line to board. :mad:

I looked at Woody and muttered, "Uber!" Just as he was opening the app another DHS bus arrived. We knew we'd be the first ones on.

Until the ECV pulled up. :banghead:

Finally on our way!
IMG_8587.JPG

By the time we arrived at DHS, two CMs were rolling up the red carpet ~ "Shirley" would not be making an entrance today. :(

However, Tink did show up to sprinkle her pixie dust.
IMG_8851.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom