Big Brother 19 - summer of temptation

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
no thread about this yet? Ok I'll go...

I like the cast so far... except Cody was a bet blanket from the get go... and now he is the center of attention. Ugh

And what's up with the meltdown Josh ? It's like 24hrs... sheez

Some serious lookers this season too

artvandelay

Big doings already in the house...

I liked the new 16 players, but that came crashing down when Paul enetered the house. I was looking forward to a season without returning players. I wasn't a fan of Paul last year, and not a fan this year.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I can't believe they have all these hookups already... that was fast :)

I can't believe Jessica is already with Cody. Any notion of her being brains behind that beauty just went down the tube

sunsetblvd26

I'm a fan of Paul, but let's be real, that temptation thing was kind of bs. There's absolutely no way that anyone would win it other than the fan favorite who's already had a full season of exposure. And three weeks is a lot. Luckily he can't win any more.

CodyBot3000 and Kevin are probably my favorites so far, and Alex/Josh/Christmas all have the potential to be really entertaining. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

artvandelay

I'm a fan of Paul, but let's be real, that temptation thing was kind of bs. There's absolutely no way that anyone would win it other than the fan favorite who's already had a full season of exposure. And three weeks is a lot. Luckily he can't win any more.

CodyBot3000 and Kevin are probably my favorites so far, and Alex/Josh/Christmas all have the potential to be really entertaining. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
I think the producers knew Paul would win the vote for the temptation so he'd be safe for three weeks. I don't want to spoil it, but it's been a crazy week in the house. Wednesday and Thursday nights show is going to be great.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't get all the hate for Alex up front. Maybe time to read the feed recaps.

The jock alliances rarely go far... should be good to see who emerges as a counter point to them

artvandelay

I don't get all the hate for Alex up front. Maybe time to read the feed recaps.

The jock alliances rarely go far... should be good to see who emerges as a counter point to them
Alex is a strong competitor. She might not be a good strategist. Cody was trying to make a deal with her and, rather than tell him what he wants to hear, she says she's gunning for him!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Id be looking to get rid of the free votes in some of these blocks. Do you see Jessica voting with the geeks at all? I don't

Put her and a jock up.

I think the blonde timeshare girl is going to be the crier this season

artvandelay

Id be looking to get rid of the free votes in some of these blocks. Do you see Jessica voting with the geeks at all? I don't

Put her and a jock up.

I think the blonde timeshare girl is going to be the crier this season
True. Josh, who looked like he'd be gone soon, has calmed down and laid low. Jessica has to win HOH if she wants to stay next week. Jillian (time share girl) could be this years permanent pawn. Each week she'll be on the block, not win veto, and stay in the house until all the threats are voted out.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Alex is a strong competitor. She might not be a good strategist. Cody was trying to make a deal with her and, rather than tell him what he wants to hear, she says she's gunning for him!
My thing was.. alex was a focus before that conversation while they were doing exercises. And if you read the recaps (I've only looked at day 8+) alex was like the #1 topic of conversation. I mean, I know she's a petite girl instead of a big blob.. but 'challenge threat' sounds funny when you have others like Christmas in the same group :)

It seems like Cody wants to work something, but it's the girls in the couples circle that are being catty/etc. Alex doesn't seem to fit their mold..

The feed recaps sound like there could be some good churn this week, so really looking forward to tonight's show.

artvandelay

My thing was.. alex was a focus before that conversation while they were doing exercises. And if you read the recaps (I've only looked at day 8+) alex was like the #1 topic of conversation. I mean, I know she's a petite girl instead of a big blob.. but 'challenge threat' sounds funny when you have others like Christmas in the same group :)

It seems like Cody wants to work something, but it's the girls in the couples circle that are being catty/etc. Alex doesn't seem to fit their mold..

The feed recaps sound like there could be some good churn this week, so really looking forward to tonight's show.
You're right. Jessica wants Alex gone and tonight's episode showed why. She seems jealous. Not smart game play for a self proclaimed super fan.

Jedi Stitch

Cody's move would have been a power move, if it wasn't for the temptation. This season will be a weird one, only for the temptations because they are messing with the normal game dichotomy. Look at Ramses, if he wins VETO, he then messes up the plan this week. Cody is a stone faced player, and could be a little more sociable. What gets me is Christmas breaking her foot and staying in the game, and them America votes her sympathy for a Temptation. The house all butthurt, vote to keep her, but she can't compete with a broken foot, so when will she make her power move to get "Jodi" out. The Temptation thing is cool, but the down side isn't easily visible to the house yet, so they will eventually wonder if the risk is worth the reward. Once there is a curse that is highly visible and affects some favorite house guests, then the Temptaions will slow down.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Cody's move would have been a power move, if it wasn't for the temptation

He still angered his entire alliance because he acted unilaterally and in a way most of his team didn't want. He then doubled down on his obtuseness by putting up Christmas. Then, hit the trifecta by blaming everyone else for not being happy with him verse acknowledging his mistake.

Paul leapt right on that, played it up, and then went right into "I want to tell you my plan, and let's discuss it" to be the polar opposite of what Cody did. Now, Paul has the majority of the house, including cody's entire alliance with HIM.

Cody and Jessica were train wrecks from the start. The going with the 'I don't like you' lines in the first four days??? The 'cool kids clique' right away?

Their inability to play the game moved center stage as soon as Paul stood up and blew Cody up. And it has played out all week on the feeds.

Jedi Stitch

Oh, no doubt on alienating his alliance, but if Paul didn't have the protection from the temptation, the alliance would have stewed over the betrayal. Now Paul is doing what Paul does, hopefully one the others will notice that and get him out week four or 5 because I believe Paul will win this. It is sad that many of them at this point have not shown any DR sound bites saying they see through him. Also like I said, if Ramses gets the VETO and takes himself off then no back door Cody. Then it will be like a Brachel thing.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Paul has said numerous times he doesn't expect to be able to win. He also knows the safety puts a huge target on him... but he is making the most of his time.

The people who all want to think strategically are all in the minority currently. If he can keep the couple's voting block together... he is in good shape to figure out the next phase.

Kevin and Alex are the big wild cards currently. Rams has dug a hole... as have Josh and Jason.

Brer Oswald

Tall order since the first two were the intros...

This week has been very hot in the house. It will be very interesting to see how they edit the show.
Still pales in comparison to the older seasons. I swear, each year the houseguests get more boring and predictable than the last.

Brer Oswald

Productions is likely trying to rig the game for Paul based on the travesty that was last seasons winner. Maybe they shouldn't have rigged it for Nicole and they wouldn't have been in this position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom