Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

Songbird76

Strollers, are hard! I used one for my daughter, her first trip, (2 1/2) Will have to, this trip, but a simple umbrella stroller. I hate the cellphone thing, it is bad enough adults walk around oblivious to the world around them, but that babies learn to swipe before they can say their abcs.. I hate it!! Might show a disney video on mine, but do not allow either to play with my phone or any electronic gadgets. It is not healthy!
My kids are 9 and 11 and I don't let them play on my phone! (I am a mean mommy) Although I am guilty of bringing in a backpack, because I was carrying everyone's water bottles, wet wipes (DS is not coordinated when it comes to eating), umbrella's and rain ponchos, a plastic tablecloth to sit on if it rained before a show, glow sticks, and flashlight for AK because I was warned that lighting was not good after dark and boy was that the truth. So yes, I DID need that big backpack.

MegRuss626

@MegRuss626 Ryleigh is absolutely precious! And already in her first Minnie dress ~ I'm sure @MinnieM123 would approve!

She and Tuvalette may have something in common in sharing a name with their daddies?

Thank you! And she's got a closet full of Disney clothes naturally! (In her Disney princess nursery!)

Her middle name is for my late uncle who was like a father to me :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Monday, con't

This next post is entitled "What were they thinking?"

There is no picture for my first WWTT story, as I did not want to be a creeper taking a pic of other people's children. So let me set the stage for you. I had just snapped the Scary Woody pic when a family entered our monorail car. Mom was pushing a double-wide containing 4-year-old twins. All the seats were taken so Mom, Dad and an older child around 8 had to stand. Within 30 seconds we could tell these twins were a handful. The monorail began to move and BOTH twins stood up IN the stroller. Did Mom or Dad tell them to sit down for their safety? Of course not! (It wasn't hard to figure out WHY these twins were a handful.) Instead, Mom decided it was a good time to apply sunscreen on the kids as they continued STANDING in the stroller. Of course she (and the twins) kept losing their balance as the monorail zipped toward Epcot. Sunscreen ended up in eyes. Screaming and crying ensued.

We waited to exit until our car was empty.

The next two WWTT moments occurred as Em and I waited in the security line. To be honest, I don't understand the need for carrying giant backpacks into the parks (unless there's a baby or toddler.) Is lugging around all that stuff really necessary? I get annoyed when someone "forgets" he is wearing one and proceeds to whack whoever is behind him with it. And backpacks really slow down the security lines.

But bringing a suitcase into a park takes pack-mule to a whole 'nother level.
View attachment 214867
(@RyPat this needs to be lightened up too, LOL)

Lastly, I am not sure what is more disturbing ~ an 18-month-old in a pram at a theme park (how in the world did Mom get that contraption here??!) or the same 18-month-old mesmerized by a cellphone screen.
View attachment 214866

We saw a lot of crazy things occur in the parks, one I will discuss in my report. But we noticed a lot of people who were trying to discipline their children but in no way was the kid even concerned. And I put trying in italics because it didn't even seem like they were trying. A lot of the parents were pleading with the kids to stop, or saying things like you'd better stop or Ariel will be upset with you. I heard one parent tell their kid that the bus driver had to stop (there was a stop light) because the kid was misbehaving and next time they would have to get out and walk so please behave. Then the kid elbowed me in the head, I was standing in by the back door and the kid was "in" the seat behind me. :confused: No word of apology.

We were also at 'Ohana one night and we were next to one of the huge family tables and at one point I looked over and everyone was on their phone! Most were still eating too. :bored: I thought that was sad.

Mother Nature was calling and you don't ignore Mother Nature! In the name of research, I am about to reveal to you "Shirley's Secret Bathroom Spot." (I know @fractal will get the reference....hope others do too! ;))

View attachment 214916

Not a soul, and they even put out flowers for me!
View attachment 214915

How does one find "Shirley's Secret Bathroom"?
Here's a clue ~

View attachment 214914

My entourage was waiting for me.
View attachment 214917

Hey! That is my secret bathroom!;)

Did we really need a fastpass for Figment? Yes, yes we did.

Standby was 30 minutes. :jawdrop:

View attachment 214918

You know how they say everyone has a double? Sitting in the front of our car was @ajrwdwgirl's double. The only reason I was convinced it wasn't her was that the man next to her was not her husband Brad. (And if it really was her, I certainly wouldn't want to embarrass her by catching her cheating on her hubby. ;) :joyfull:)

"Helllllllo there!"
View attachment 214919

View attachment 214920
(Yes this picture is really right-side-up!)

Or was it me....okay no it wasn't. :joyfull:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We saw a lot of crazy things occur in the parks, one I will discuss in my report. But we noticed a lot of people who were trying to discipline their children but in no way was the kid even concerned. And I put trying in italics because it didn't even seem like they were trying. A lot of the parents were pleading with the kids to stop, or saying things like you'd better stop or Ariel will be upset with you. I heard one parent tell their kid that the bus driver had to stop (there was a stop light) because the kid was misbehaving and next time they would have to get out and walk so please behave. Then the kid elbowed me in the head, I was standing in by the back door and the kid was "in" the seat behind me. :confused: No word of apology.

We were also at 'Ohana one night and we were next to one of the huge family tables and at one point I looked over and everyone was on their phone! Most were still eating too. :bored: I thought that was sad.

Hey! That is my secret bathroom!;)

Or was it me....okay no it wasn't. :joyfull:

I don't understand that parenting strategy. It's not that hard to say "I won't allow you to do this". Santa, Ariel, the bus driver, none of them are going to make your child behave if you don't set boundaries as the parent.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We decided to use our bonus FP on Test Track. The last time Em and I attempted to ride Test Track we got rained out.

I see blue sky! But I don't see the beautiful F&G floating planters. :(
IMG_8571.JPG

Designing our car.
IMG_8572.JPG

IMG_8574.JPG

We made it to the loading area....about a dozen folks were ahead of us....and the inclement weather announcement was made. We all looked at each other quizzically. "Maybe there was lightning?" someone said.

We decided to wait it out. After all, there was blue sky!

A half hour passed and we checked the weather app. Big green and yellow blobs were centered over Epcot. We got out of line.

The rain had arrived.

IMG_8576.JPG

And so did our monorail.
IMG_8578.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't understand that parenting strategy. It's not that hard to say "I won't allow you to do this". Santa, Ariel, the bus driver, none of them are going to make your child behave if you don't set boundaries as the parent.

I know there was no pleading or bargaining with my parents, and hubby said his were the same way. One look was enough, we knew our parents didn't mess around.

Songbird76

Thank you! And she's got a closet full of Disney clothes naturally! (In her Disney princess nursery!)

Her middle name is for my late uncle who was like a father to me :)
She's beautiful! Our nursery when the kids were babies was Lady and the Tramp. DD still has her Lady plush that I bought to decorate the crib. One day when she was about 8 months old, she rolled over, grabbed Lady by the ear and pulled her close (I had her in a corner) and she just wouldn't let go. Every time I put Lady back in the corner, DD rolled over and grabbed her again. So Lady became hers...DD is 11 and still sleeps with her and cuddles with her when she watches TV or reads, etc.

Songbird76

There are even some really rude adults...we were walking to Soarin' at rope drop one morning and someone was in such a hurry that they kicked DD trying to get past her, her shoe flew off and people trampled her as she was trying to get to it to put it back on. A nice couple grabbed it real quick and handed it back to her, but the person who kicked it off was long gone, no apology. And the number of people I saw taking flash pictures in the dark rides, or not listening to CMs about moving all the way down a row at one of the shows, etc...it's not surprising that kids are out of control. The parents don't set a very good example.

Songbird76

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The thought of freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies in the lounge kept our spirits up on the wet walk back to Hawaii.

"Sorry, we're out."

Reality bites!

Hey, I just had a Tuvalu TR, deja vu moment -- remember "elevator cookies"? Apparently, you can only count on availability of chocolate chip cookies, when the elevators are down for repair, such as during your visit to WL . . . :D

But, I digress . . . I'll now return all you folks back to Tuvalu's current TR. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom