Everything's Down!

danitaytay

Original Poster
We were just in Europe for vacation and decided to visit Disneyland Paris for a day trip. It was our first time visiting and we were very excited. I knew from what I had read previously that it wouldn't compare to WDW, and not to keep my hopes up in regard to magical CM's, exciting theming, and the overall magic of WDW. We purchased the two park one day pass so we got a small taste of everything because I definitely want to come back for a longer stay in the future!
I want to start by saying that I really enjoyed DLP. I thought both parks were beautiful, the rides absolutely extraordinary, and even though the CM's weren't all too friendly and it lacked the same caliber of magic as WDW, I really loved it. However, my entire family agreed on one thing. In the span of our one day of being there, there were over 10 rides down during the day between the two parks.
Some of these rides included Ratatouille, Crush's Coaster, Tower of Terror, Rock n' Roller Coaster, Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, etc. And these rides weren't down for just a few minutes, it was a hours and some of them never even opened back up. We were really disappointed because we wanted to see these headliners that weren't in the states. We lost tons of FP's and the CM's weren't helpful at all in explaining why all of the rides were down and did nothing to help us in regard to whether they'd reopen or not.
I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience at DLP? My dad was upset that we paid all this money for all of the big rides to be down for most of the day.

peep

I've not really experienced this at DLP, the odd closure here and there but they would open again at some point (aside from Big Thunder Mountain which is really broken, no idea how). However I have experienced this problem elsewhere, unfortunately it's just down to luck, mechanical things break down from time to time and there's not much parks can do to really prevent it. With such a big resort their maintenance team is probably quite stretched during these periods of several break downs which could result in each ride's downtime being longer than usual.

Aside from the down time I'm glad you enjoyed the parks and wish to return some day!

Sir_Cliff

I was there a few weeks ago and didn't experience too many rides going down. The exception was Rock'n'Roller Coaster which seems to be constantly going down. I do remember one morning at opening everyone rushing to Big Thunder just to be told it was down and wouldn't open for a few more hours.

Also glad you enjoyed your trip! I honestly think the CMs are fine, and certainly impressive in their linguistic skills. I don't mind that they are more relaxed about piercings and things like that than WDW would ever be as that seems to fit French culture. It still has a way to go, but overall I think it offers a comparable experience to the US resorts.

cjkeating

We were just in Europe for vacation and decided to visit Disneyland Paris for a day trip. It was our first time visiting and we were very excited. I knew from what I had read previously that it wouldn't compare to WDW, and not to keep my hopes up in regard to magical CM's, exciting theming, and the overall magic of WDW. We purchased the two park one day pass so we got a small taste of everything because I definitely want to come back for a longer stay in the future!
I want to start by saying that I really enjoyed DLP. I thought both parks were beautiful, the rides absolutely extraordinary, and even though the CM's weren't all too friendly and it lacked the same caliber of magic as WDW, I really loved it. However, my entire family agreed on one thing. In the span of our one day of being there, there were over 10 rides down during the day between the two parks.
Some of these rides included Ratatouille, Crush's Coaster, Tower of Terror, Rock n' Roller Coaster, Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, etc. And these rides weren't down for just a few minutes, it was a hours and some of them never even opened back up. We were really disappointed because we wanted to see these headliners that weren't in the states. We lost tons of FP's and the CM's weren't helpful at all in explaining why all of the rides were down and did nothing to help us in regard to whether they'd reopen or not.
I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience at DLP? My dad was upset that we paid all this money for all of the big rides to be down for most of the day.

From my past trips Big Thunder Mountain has been exceptionally unreliable since it reopened from its major refurbishment and Ratatouille seems to take an hour to reset after an unplanned stop.

Other than that I think it is all just bad luck.

aprincessatlasst

It has been over a week for us since our visit. Yes we noticed many things down and it did have an effect on fastpasses. We just rolled with it since it was our first visit, but I did find it odd so many big attractions were down at once. I would have much preferred to have magic bands, shocking I know but they could really use some technology updates there. Beautiful park though!

The Empress Lilly

I have not even done Thunder since it re-opened. It has been down every trip. RnRC feels very unreliable too, and even ToT has been down suspiciously often. Crush and Buzz I've seen closed incidentally, Rat usually is very reliable.

Part bad luck on your part, part indeed a few structural reliability problems, I think.

SMJS

I was there a few days before and experienced the same thing. It felt like once the ride was down there was really no interest or drive in getting them back up and I'm still sad POTC was still being refurbished. We will just have to try and go again one day......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom