A concerning issue with the MDE Android app

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Hi all

I was looking at ES File Explorer on my phone earlier and it found a file supposedly created by the MDE app called "sync_report_WDW.txt". The file is small and simply contains the text "WDW REPORT START Jul 8, 2017 08:53", followed by some underlines. I've noticed this file appear before.

There appears to be no other information contained within the file, but I'm not at WDW at the moment and I haven't used the app today so I don't know if that file ever gets filled up with other information, nor am I sure how/when/if it got sent anywhere, but I thought I'd let people know here in case they wanted to check for themselves, or if anyone knew what this file was all about.

Thanks

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster

I guess when I first saw it, I thought it was synching some sort of stats to WDW, but I'm probably wrong.

How do I navigate to it in ES File Explorer? I can't seem to find it.

I noticed it when I opened the app and scrolled down. There was a section which said 28 mins ago, and in that section it said "1 document from Disney World" and then the file.

worldfanatic

The "big brother" paranoia in this Country is a bit over the top.

For the record:

Disney, you are welcome to collect and use ANY & EVERY BIT of information about me you'd like concerning my Disney Parks or Disney Website tendencies.
I'm not the least bit concerned about anything bad coming from these actions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom