The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

So, a bit of a crazy start for oldest DD and SonIL on their 2-week trip to Europe...
They had a very bumpy flight from Houston (DWifey took a vacation day for today and her and youngest DD drove them to Houston yesterday evening to fly out of there this morning - it was $1,000 less :eek:, and they decided 2 round trips to drop 'em off and pick 'em for only $60 of gas was worth it) to Philly on American. Then, as the crew of their British Airways flight from Philly to Munich was doing their preflight check, they ran across a mechanical issue. All 400 passengers and crew had to deplane and wait for them to get another plane.
They got one that landed (incoming from Europe) about the same time they were supposed to take off, that was supposed to be on the ground overnight. All 400 passengers and crew then had to re-board that b u g g e r. :confused:
Then, when they finally got out to the taxiway, they had to wait out a severe thunderstorm before they could take off. :bored:
Their flight was originally supposed to leave at 6:20p EDT. It ended up leaving at 8:49p EDT. :cyclops:
Definitely missing their connecting flight to Cologne, but, they'll catch one tomorrow afternoon.
Planned speed and altitude for the meat of the flight was 544 mph at 39,000 ft. They are currently doing 625 mph at 39,000 ft.
We have flight tracker apps open on our phones. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So, a bit of a crazy start for oldest DD and SonIL on their 2-week trip to Europe...
They had a very bumpy flight from Houston (DWifey took a vacation day for today and her and youngest DD drove them to Houston yesterday evening to fly out of there this morning - it was $1,000 less :eek:, and they decided 2 round trips to drop 'em off and pick 'em for only $60 of gas was worth it) to Philly on American. Then, as the crew of their British Airways flight from Philly to Munich was doing their preflight check, they ran across a mechanical issue. All 400 passengers and crew had to deplane and wait for them to get another plane.
They got one that landed (incoming from Europe) about the same time they were supposed to take off, that was supposed to be on the ground overnight. All 400 passengers and crew then had to re-board that b u g g e r. :confused:
Then, when they finally got out to the taxiway, they had to wait out a severe thunderstorm before they could take off. :bored:
Their flight was originally supposed to leave at 6:20p EDT. It ended up leaving at 8:49p EDT. :cyclops:
Definitely missing their connecting flight to Cologne, but, they'll catch one tomorrow afternoon.
Planned speed and altitude for the meat of the flight was 544 mph at 39,000 ft. They are currently doing 625 mph at 39,000 ft.

Yes that is a crazy start. I hope they have a good time!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Dinner tonight was a disaster. Started with a freezer meal I've never had before, and brown rice
View attachment 214252
The kid ate a bunch of it but I couldn't stand the taste.

So then when she goes to bed I pour myself a bowl of cereal and eat two spoonfuls before realizing the milk was bad. The milk that expires three days from now went bad and I ate it :cry::cry:

Went to make an egg sandwich and the bread was moldy :cry::cry:

So I gave up completely and now I'm watching Shark tank while eating a freezer waffle microwaved chicken strip sandwich and hoping that milk doesn't make me sick
View attachment 214254

Let this be a lesson @StarWarsGirl ... Keep learning to cook or you'll end up like me :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Blah! So sorry.

I taught my kids to cook. My Mom can't cook...she does but ewe. Likely why i ate like a bird. Ewe. And she says what a picky eater I was. Ha.

Gabe1

Is it xylitol? That is in a lot of sugar free gum. A dog in our area ingested a bunch of it, the dog found a pack of it on the floor, and had severe problems that quickly led to death. I felt really bad for the dog and the owners (it was a former student of mine, the owner not the dog) as they had accidentally dropped the gum and didn't notice.
I think so! I asked my DD a few hours ago and she said it started with an
X but didn't remember. She said next time she was in a store she'd look cause she would recognize it. Bet that is it.

Poor Dog. Poor family. Sad

Gabe1

There are a lot of things about this one that doesn't sit well on the books. I am kind of hoping that now there is a budget (Can you believe it?), maybe they can let this one go.
I agree. Plenty of blame on both sides. The first things that will be paid is the University's and Map grants Mine are out of college but felt bad for students that needed to quit because grants and scholarships got yanked. Three IL Universities are almost bankrupt and dramatically less enrollment because what they would pay for would likely be cut. Idiots.

Cesar R M

Oh, and @figmentfan423, Kung Pao Tofu from Firebowl for dinner tonight...!!!!! :hungry: :)

View attachment 214267
...tofu...

FyDrU44.gif

Figgy1

Premium Member
Dinner tonight was a disaster. Started with a freezer meal I've never had before, and brown rice
View attachment 214252
The kid ate a bunch of it but I couldn't stand the taste.

So then when she goes to bed I pour myself a bowl of cereal and eat two spoonfuls before realizing the milk was bad. The milk that expires three days from now went bad and I ate it :cry::cry:

Went to make an egg sandwich and the bread was moldy :cry::cry:

So I gave up completely and now I'm watching Shark tank while eating a freezer waffle microwaved chicken strip sandwich and hoping that milk doesn't make me sick
View attachment 214254

Let this be a lesson @StarWarsGirl ... Keep learning to cook or you'll end up like me :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Sympathy like, as @StarWarsGirl said youtube is your friend. If you have Hulu Good Eats is on that:) PBS has America's Test Kitchen which is another good show:)

Songbird76

Well, the good news is that it's nice weather right now...not real hot, but definitely not cold, and it's supposed to be dry for a couple of days. We're about an hour or so from Cologne, so the weather there should be pretty similar. Are they renting a car?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Blah! So sorry.

I taught my kids to cook. My Mom can't cook...she does but ewe. Likely why i ate like a bird. Ewe. And she says what a picky eater I was. Ha.
Exactly! I was lucky to have a set of grandparents who could both cook who lived within walking distance so I ate there whenever I could until I could fend for myself. My parents were both very proud when I made Thanksgiving dinner all by myself at 11. Side note I've still got you beat for bad, 2 moms who think the oven is for storage:cautious:

Last edited:

Songbird76

I guess it is really poisonous to animals, especially dogs. So I make sure I don't buy gum or candy with that in it.
Chocolate is supposed to be poisonous to dogs, too. When I was in like...6th grade, we were selling "Worlds Finest Chocolate" as a fund raiser for something. They had these Mint Meltaways and I had ordered a box. When we got it, I opened it and ate 2 pieces...that box was SOOOO hard to open. I put it up on the table and we went somewhere. We came back, the box was lying open on the floor, empty. Also missing was a package of antacids my brother had been prescribed for some illness or the other. Well...the little packet was there, but had been chewed open. And there was our dog looking guilty and obviously not feeling well. He had somehow gotten up onto the table, gotten the box open, and eaten the entire box of chocolates. And taken the antacids my brother had left on an end table by the couch. He was fine, but he didn't feel well for a day or two.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Chocolate is supposed to be poisonous to dogs, too. When I was in like...6th grade, we were selling "Worlds Finest Chocolate" as a fund raiser for something. They had these Mint Meltaways and I had ordered a box. When we got it, I opened it and ate 2 pieces...that box was SOOOO hard to open. I put it up on the table and we went somewhere. We came back, the box was lying open on the floor, empty. Also missing was a package of antacids my brother had been prescribed for some illness or the other. Well...the little packet was there, but had been chewed open. And there was our dog looking guilty and obviously not feeling well. He had somehow gotten up onto the table, gotten the box open, and eaten the entire box of chocolates. And taken the antacids my brother had left on an end table by the couch. He was fine, but he didn't feel well for a day or two.
I'm glad that turned out well.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Exactly! I was lucky to have a set of grandparents who could both cook who lived within walking distance so I ate there whenever I could until I could fend for myself. My parents were both very proud when I made Thanksgiving dinner all by myself at 11. Side note I've still got you beat for bad, 2 moms who think the oven is for storage:cautious:
It Isn't :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom