Trip Report Will it ever stop raining? Our June 2017 trip

Hi, all!! I've finally had a chance to start going through my photos and thought I would get started on my trip report! For those of you not familiar, here is my pre-trip report:
Adventure is out there...June 2017
If you don't want to read the PTR, here is a brief synopsis before I get started:
Who: Me (Amy), DH (Brian), DS Logan (14), DD Lily (12), and DS Owen (9)
When: June 2-17, 2017
Where: Universal Studios (Hard Rock Hotel), Disney (Art of Animation), and SeaWorld

For those of you who followed along with the live portion of my PTR, I apologize that some of the photos will be the same. I'm too lazy to go back and remember which ones I used!

I experienced one of the longest days of my life on Friday, June 2!! We left Dayton, Ohio before 5am.

Neither one of us drinks coffee, but we definitely needed some caffeine to start our morning! We stopped for the best Coke in the world!!

McDonald's!!
We had a little delay in Cincinnati because I-75 was closed both directions and we had to take a little detour.:eek:
We waved @LisaBelle and @21stamps and any other Cinci friends as we finally drove over the bridge and entered Kentucky!

We made sure to get past Lexington before morning rush hour, and stopped in Richmond for breakfast.

The kids had never had Chick fil A for breakfast, so we had to correct that!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm guessing you wanted to take a detour to the Contemporary on your way to WL? Because you could have saved yourself some time and steps by taking the boat from MK directly to WL. Same goes for the process in reverse. The boat dock is not that far from the bus depot.

But I "get" using a detour as a fun way to pass the time (especially if you aren't going into a park.) We do that often. :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I'm guessing you wanted to take a detour to the Contemporary on your way to WL? Because you could have saved yourself some time and steps by taking the boat from MK directly to WL. Same goes for the process in reverse. The boat dock is not that far from the bus depot.

But I "get" using a detour as a fun way to pass the time (especially if you aren't going into a park.) We do that often. :)
Yep, we knew we were going out of the way both times!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Thanks for all the photos of WL! It is our favorite resort. We haven't been to Whispering Canyon in a while but reading your report made me want to go back again soon! It's so hard to find a good balance between enjoying old favorites and trying new restaurants.
You're welcome! This visit made Brian decide that we would stay there without the kids at some point! I know, I have a huge list of places I want to try, but we have a hard time foregoing some of our favorites for something new!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I apologize for the lack of updates this week.:oops: It's been crazy here! Cross country has started for Logan and Lily, and Owen just joined a select soccer team and we're trying to get him all situated with that! I have a 10 hour shift today, and a 9 hour shift tomorrow, then we are leaving for Tennessee to visit with the in-laws. They don't have very reliable internet/cell reception where they are on Norris Lake, so no updates until we get back at the end of next week. I'm also having issues with Photobucket wanting to charge me because I have too many pictures, so I need to be looking into new photo storage options. Any suggestions?

fractal

I apologize for the lack of updates this week.:oops: It's been crazy here! Cross country has started for Logan and Lily, and Owen just joined a select soccer team and we're trying to get him all situated with that! I have a 10 hour shift today, and a 9 hour shift tomorrow, then we are leaving for Tennessee to visit with the in-laws. They don't have very reliable internet/cell reception where they are on Norris Lake, so no updates until we get back at the end of next week. I'm also having issues with Photobucket wanting to charge me because I have too many pictures, so I need to be looking into new photo storage options. Any suggestions?

Flickr is still free, but I'm guessing they will also eventually start charging.

I use SmugMug which has different price/feature levels - the basic starts at $5.99/month.

sheriffwoody

UGH this Photobucket thing has me so irritated. Backtracking and taking a feature away frustrates me. It's fine if you want me to pay for hosting going forward, but making me go back and change what I've already got out there is very annoying.

But yeah Flickr. I already pay for pro there, so hopefully I'll be good to go. It's a yearly fee and I hardly even notice I'm paying it anymore.

Where in TN are you headed? I'm in the western (a.k.a. boring and flat) part of the state :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Flickr is still free, but I'm guessing they will also eventually start charging.

I use SmugMug which has different price/feature levels - the basic starts at $5.99/month.
Thanks! I'll look into both.
UGH this Photobucket thing has me so irritated. Backtracking and taking a feature away frustrates me. It's fine if you want me to pay for hosting going forward, but making me go back and change what I've already got out there is very annoying.

But yeah Flickr. I already pay for pro there, so hopefully I'll be good to go. It's a yearly fee and I hardly even notice I'm paying it anymore.

Where in TN are you headed? I'm in the western (a.k.a. boring and flat) part of the state :)
They live right on Norris Lake near Springs Dock. The closest town is Lafollette. It is pretty close to the Kentucky/Tennessee border right along I-75.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Tuesday, June 6

We were up bright and early for our Crystal Palace ADR. A bus came fairly quickly for us and we were at MK by 7:30am. We entered and made our way to the left to wait to enter.

They let everyone in, including non-ADR people at about 7:50. This bothered me a little, as I thought they would hold the non-ADR people until right at 8:00. Not sure why they even have separate lines! Guess there really is no benefit to pre-park opening ADRs now!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster

We checked in, and we waited, and waited, and waited while everyone around us was being called in. A picture while we waited:

Finally, one of the CMs that was manning the front door approached up and said she noticed we had been waiting quite awhile and asked for our names. She left to check on it, then a manager approached us to see where we had checked in and then he disappeared. He finally came back and seated us. Apparently, they had checked in a different Amy when I gave them our name!! He did eventually return to our table with a paper FP for each of us. I understand mistakes happen, I just wanted to eat!!

View from the table:

The characters were upon us before we even had time to get food!

Tigger was feisty that morning! He started off picking on Lily:

Then Owen:

He also got Logan, I just wasn't quick enough for a pic! Then he was excited that he and Owen were the same color!

Then we made our way out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom