Volcano Bay

Daveeeeed

People stuck in the massive Flight of Passage queue have been peeing and even pooping in a hallway off the queue.

I can't imagine the apoplexy the folks here would be having had Universal had people pooping in hallways because a new attraction had a long line. It would be the end of the world.
I'm going to tell you a story, a story that stars something called Potter. And in Potter, the line was much much longer. The end.

trr1

Switching things up a bit in a very non combative way.
Sorry, don't mean to ruin the FUN! haha

Planning my VB day and have a question.
I have an adventurous 7 year old about 50 inches tall.
Are any of the drop slides less intense than another. Any recommendations as to which one would be a good one to go on.
Also, how many drop slides are there?
If you are staying onsite, I would highly recommend going when Universal opens to resort guest 1 hour early that means leaving the hotel at 7 am

Adam N

People stuck in the massive Flight of Passage queue have been peeing and even pooping in a hallway off the queue.

I can't imagine the apoplexy the folks here would be having had Universal had people pooping in hallways because a new attraction had a long line. It would be the end of the world.
Idk how people get "stuck" in a queue. No ones holding them there and cast are willing to help anyone get to the nearest guest restroom. This is no different from literally any other ride.

JT3000

Idk how people get "stuck" in a queue. No ones holding them there and cast are willing to help anyone get to the nearest guest restroom. This is no different from literally any other ride.

There's no cast members in the middle of a ride queue, just droves of other guests you have to squeeze past if you want to leave. And god forbid you or another member of your party are in a wheelchair or something. It's VERY easy to get "stuck" in a queue.

Adam N

There's no cast members in the middle of a ride queue, just droves of other guests you have to squeeze past if you want to leave. And god forbid you or another member of your party are in a wheelchair or something. It's VERY easy to get "stuck" in a queue.
I'm still trying to understand how this is Disney not opening with show ready standards though.

JT3000

I'm still trying to understand how this is Disney not opening with show ready standards though.

I'm not sure where he was going with that, I'm just telling you how easily people get stuck in a queue, since you weren't sure. Maybe he was trying to insinuate that FoP's long lines were partially due to inefficient operations on the ride itself, which is probably accurate, albeit off topic. The only operational problem with the queue itself, as far as I know, is that it wasn't built to handle the crowds, and so the line ended up snaking throughout the rest of the land in a highly confusing manner, just like the lines for everything else. The lack of proper signage doesn't exactly help either. But no one should expect a ride to be built with in-queue restrooms.

And if anyone was actually relieving themselves in a queue, they need a lifetime ban from the parks... and every other public space on Earth (except maybe China? I hear they're into that sort of thing.)

Last edited:

raven

And if anyone was actually relieving themselves in a queue, they need a lifetime ban from the parks... and every other public space on Earth (except maybe China? I hear they're into that sort of thing.)
I agree. And theme park employees have been doing it for years too. :grumpy:

lebeau

If you are staying onsite, I would highly recommend going when Universal opens to resort guest 1 hour early that means leaving the hotel at 7 am

Volcano Bay opens at 9:00 currently. That means early admission at 8:00. It took me a half hour to get from my hotel room to the front gate using the shuttle, so you might not have to leave the hotel right at 7:00 to arrive on time. When we went, VB opened at 10 which meant we left the hotel at a very reasonable 8:30 to arrive at 9:00. That first hour is golden. Definitely make use of it.

culturenthrills

Is there any room to add to VB?

Who knows what it will look like crowd wise next year but if the people keep coming Universal is going to need some more slides. W-n-W use to have a triple slide that didn't have much of a foot print but could handle a good amount of people per hour. The slides were all wound around each other. Especially if many children are showing up for VB, they don't need scary huge slides or anything like that. They are pretty simple to please.

Yes, there is an expansion that will be started as soon as they wrap up finishing the park. After that they are gonna have to get creative in adding more slides. Don't know if they have had to rethink expansion plans and try to add more than they were already gonna add.

cheezbat

Yes, there is an expansion that will be started as soon as they wrap up finishing the park. After that they are gonna have to get creative in adding more slides. Don't know if they have had to rethink expansion plans and try to add more than they were already gonna add.
There's plenty of land in the existing park once they run out of space on the expansion pad...they just have to get creative.

UpAllNight

I feel like they need more none-wait time activities but with a wave pool and 2 lazy rivers already I'm at a loss to think what they could add.

Disneyhead'71

I believe the expansion will be somewhat like this.
Hybrids_slide.jpg

Disneyhead'71

Is this integrated with or in addition to the Hydromagnetic Mammoth?
It would be the Hydromagnetic version. The pic I posted is just a Mammoth. I'm hoping we get a combo from the same tower with the Hydromagnetic and a regular mammoth with a bowl and a tornado.

That would pretty much exhaust ProSlide's catalog.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom