Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, June 18

I was the first one up and out the door to pick up breakfast ~ it was Father's Day, after all! Woody deserved to be waited on. :) (Although why wasn't his daughter out serving him rather than his wife?)

It was a beautiful sunshiny morning and the humidity was very low, definitely rare during summer in FL! On my peaceful walk to Riverside Mill I could hear the background music as well as chirping birds. Both put me in a really good mood.

The food court was not crowded and I was in and out with brekkie (a nod to @JenniferS) in no time. On my walk back I noticed the lifeguard CMs stationed in various spots ready to cheer on the participants in the Beignet Run. One even did a cheer for me!

Both Woody and Em were awake when I returned and we enjoyed a nice breakfast. Woody opened a very sweet card from our daughter-in-law-to-be and they messaged each other. It was a special start to his day.

We brought our luggage to Bell Services to be "magically transported" to the Poly. I counted 50 (yes 50!) ECV's outside Bell Services. :eek: (There were multiple strollers too, but the ECVs really stood out.) Task completed, we went to the bus stop.

IMG_7482.JPG

(Note what Em is wearing as her outfit will be somewhat ironic later.)

This bad boy pulled up.
IMG_7483.JPG

Em and I have ridden an articulated (I prefer "bendy") bus when we stayed at Pop. But this would be Woody's maiden voyage.

IMG_7484.JPG

It is a little surreal riding on a bendy, when the front half of the bus turns and the back half is still facing forward!

IMG_7486.JPG

Bendy buses from POR only go to the MK ~ but I'm certain all you smart people already knew where we were headed.

And in the name of research, I decided to try out the new restrooms by the bus depot.

IMG_7489.JPG

IMG_7487.JPG

You're welcome!

Last edited:

susan lees

Sunday, June 17

I was the first one up and out the door to pick up breakfast ~ it was Father's Day, after all! Woody deserved to be waited on. :) (Although why wasn't his daughter out serving him rather than his wife?)

It was a beautiful sunshiny morning and the humidity was very low, definitely rare during summer in FL! On my peaceful walk to Riverside Mill I could hear the background music as well as chirping birds. Both put me in a really good mood.

The food court was not crowded and I was in and out with brekkie (a nod to @JenniferS) in no time. On my walk back I noticed the lifeguard CMs stationed in various spots ready to cheer on the participants in the Beignet Run. One even did a cheer for me!

Both Woody and Em were awake when I returned and we enjoyed a nice breakfast. Woody opened a very sweet card from our daughter-in-law-to-be and they messaged each other. It was a special start to his day.

We brought our luggage to Bell Services to be "magically transported" to the Poly. I counted 50 (yes 50!) ECV's outside Bell Services. :eek: (There were multiple strollers too, but the ECVs really stood out.) Task completed, we went to the bus stop.

View attachment 213747
(Note what Em is wearing as her outfit will be somewhat ironic later.)

This bad boy pulled up.
View attachment 213748

Em and I have ridden an articulated (I prefer "bendy") bus when we stayed at Pop. But this would be Woody's maiden voyage.

View attachment 213749

It is a little surreal riding on a bendy, when the front half of the bus turns and the back half is still facing forward!

View attachment 213750

Bendy buses from POR only go to the MK ~ but I'm certain all you smart people already knew where we were headed.

And in the name of research, I decided to try out the new restrooms by the bus depot.

View attachment 213751

View attachment 213752

You're welcome!
Interestingly when we were at DLP last week I saw only a few people using mobility scooters over the 4 days we were there! In WDW it can be quite challenging avoiding being run over by one :arghh:. I'm not having a dig at people who need to use one just comparing two situations.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
First up? Space Mountain. All of us were excited that despite having FPs, we were sent to the Alpha track (FPs typically get sent to the Omega track.) To you naysayers, yes the tracks are different and Alpha is BETTER!

@imahistorygeek we all did the "Tuvalu" (although one of us did so half-heartedly. ;))

IMG_8846.JPG

Saw this awesome t-shirt in the gift shop. Too bad we don't know a little boy who loves Space Mountain.
IMG_7495.JPG

iCan was out greeting guests. Em said she liked PUSH the talking trashcan more. I agree with her.

IMG_7496.JPG

Miracle of miracles! The escalator up to the Peoplemover is working!!!

IMG_7501.JPG

IMG_7503.JPG

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Time for our next FP. This was the END of the FP line! :in pain:

IMG_7505.JPG

As it turned out, many folks ahead of us did not have FPs! :rolleyes: Never ceases to amaze me how many people abide by, "Here's a line, let's get in it!" without having a clue what they are in line for.

IMG_7506.JPG

Em was a Cosmic Commando and Woody was a Space Ace.
IMG_8848.JPG

I was a Planetary Pilot.
IMG_8847.JPG

Your job is to tell me who had the highest score.

We ventured here next.
IMG_7507.JPG

Hey, who stole Sara's Valentine roses??!!
IMG_7508.JPG

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Know how some attractions are "Open Seasonally"? This must have been the right season for Stitch's Great Escape, cause it was open!

IMG_7509.JPG

I pleaded with Em to do it, but she held her ground. I think that our family has experienced Stitch a whopping ONE time.

In other news, the Purple Wall phenomenon has reached the U.K. One of our British friends was taking a selfie in front of it. When she offered to take our picture, we obliged.

FullSizeRender.jpg

If this next pic is of the Plaza restaurant, it must be lunch time.

IMG_4227.JPG

And if it's lunch time, we must be hungry.

IMG_4228.JPG

And if the subsequent pics were taken inside the restaurant, we must be lunching here!

IMG_7510.JPG

IMG_7511.JPG

The Plaza was giving out celebratory stickers to all Dads.

This was my view from my seat.
Doors closed.
IMG_7517.JPG

Doors open.
IMG_7515.JPG

If you've dined at the Plaza, you may remember that the doors are open A LOT. So I basically had a nice castle view. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom