Wait Times at Popular Lounges

disneydaughter96

Original Poster
In the midst of pre trip planning, I've been doing some research on some of a few new places I'd like to test out for a short trip to Disney. I've been super interested in checking out La Cava del Tequila, as well as Trader Sam's Grog Grotto. We will be staying in a bungalow at Polynesian for the weekend and would love to check out TSGG, as well as La Cava del Tequila pre/post dinner in Epcot. I've heard they both can be pretty busy and I should expect a wait time. However I'm curious as to how long a wait we should expect. If we want to grab a round of drinks at TSGG before heading to Epcot, how much time should be designated? I'd love to hear some feedback on wait time experiences at the two, as well as the overall experience!

jbird327

I went to TSGG twice during my last trip (Oct 2015). These were both later in the evening, around 9pm and had no wait. It was fairly empty both times. I can't say I am a fan of the place, I would much rather sit out on the deck near the waterfall but it was worth checking out.

Networth

I went to TSGG twice during my last trip (Oct 2015). These were both later in the evening, around 9pm and had no wait. It was fairly empty both times. I can't say I am a fan of the place, I would much rather sit out on the deck near the waterfall but it was worth checking out.

I agree with you. My wife in I went to TSGG a few months after it opened. I felt “meh” about the place, not exactly relaxing. The wife down right hated it and had us return to Mizner’s for the rest of the trip. Can’t say I blame her something about the band and looking over the GF gardens is nicer IMO.

durangojim

Trader Sam's is ok but the one at Disneyland Hotel is much better. Check out Jock Lindsay's at Disney Springs for a cool experience. La Cava isn't too hard to get a table/booth at. It usually takes longer to stand in line for the to go drinks during the busy times surprisingly.

Epcotfan21

It really depends on the time of year too. During Epcot Food and Wine festival, you can expect to wait a long time for La Cava, even more so on a weekend. Trader Sams has been hit or miss as far as waits go. Once we went on a Sunday evening and had no wait, the other time we went on a Friday night and we had to wait 45 minutes-1 hour. We killed some time at the outdoor bar area by Trader Sams till our table was ready. Good luck!

Amos1784

In the midst of pre trip planning, I've been doing some research on some of a few new places I'd like to test out for a short trip to Disney. I've been super interested in checking out La Cava del Tequila, as well as Trader Sam's Grog Grotto. We will be staying in a bungalow at Polynesian for the weekend and would love to check out TSGG, as well as La Cava del Tequila pre/post dinner in Epcot. I've heard they both can be pretty busy and I should expect a wait time. However I'm curious as to how long a wait we should expect. If we want to grab a round of drinks at TSGG before heading to Epcot, how much time should be designated? I'd love to hear some feedback on wait time experiences at the two, as well as the overall experience!

One tip I can give you on Cava for whatever reason most people jump in the "to go" line. There have been multiple times that my husband and I have walked past there, thought no way we were going to get in, and come to find there are multiple tables inside empty to sit at. Yes, you will have to tip higher because you have a server, but we have never had a problem getting in if we wanted to, even when there were 30+min lines to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom