only 2 parks?

ALONZO LAUREL

Original Poster
Its my wife and our 2nd trip to WDW but we went before we had kids last time did all 4 parks back to back it was exhausting. We are going to take our niece age 7 our son age 3 and our daughter age 1 at the time of the trip. We decided based on reviews, and the amount of time we will be able to go, to only do 2 parks with 1 day between them. We are doing sat arrival walk around AoA for pic taking, sun HS, monday AoA pool/disney springs and tuesday magic kingdom. I know many people dont like HS becuase of the lack of rides but at the ages it think its going to be more of the character apprearances and shows anyway. we have fantasmic dining package and cinderella royal table to maximize time in the park and still get at least 1 sit down meal. on the off day we have chef mickey to celebrate my sons 3rd bday. I dont think i over booked us but i feel like maybe they might miss out on something. any thoughts suggestions and/or ideas?? we are gonna have double grandma help so i think we will survive lol

mouse_luv

Its my wife and our 2nd trip to WDW but we went before we had kids last time did all 4 parks back to back it was exhausting. We are going to take our niece age 7 our son age 3 and our daughter age 1 at the time of the trip. We decided based on reviews, and the amount of time we will be able to go, to only do 2 parks with 1 day between them. We are doing sat arrival walk around AoA for pic taking, sun HS, monday AoA pool/disney springs and tuesday magic kingdom. I know many people dont like HS becuase of the lack of rides but at the ages it think its going to be more of the character apprearances and shows anyway. we have fantasmic dining package and cinderella royal table to maximize time in the park and still get at least 1 sit down meal. on the off day we have chef mickey to celebrate my sons 3rd bday. I dont think i over booked us but i feel like maybe they might miss out on something. any thoughts suggestions and/or ideas?? we are gonna have double grandma help so i think we will survive lol

If that's what you want to do then I'd do Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. DHS is a shell of what it used to be honestly.

ALONZO LAUREL

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your input! i loved animal kingdom when we went but I thought the character meets trumped my love for animal kingdom plus I think the pandora has AK packed this year!

Cosmic Commando

No he will be about 37" when we go in 2 months assuming he doesnt sprout 3.5 inches in 2 months!
Make sure he drinks lots of milk. :p

One way or another, I would try to get Epcot in there. I think it's the best park for kids after MK. Most of the rides without height requirements in Epcot have minimal waits. It has a ton of character meets. It doesn't have (unless I'm forgetting something) the traditional theme park shows like Mermaid or BatB at DHS, but some of the entertainment in World Showcase is nice for kids. Serveur Amusant and the Chinese acrobats are impressive IMO. Here's a list of things I'd do in Epcot; everything but Frozen has small lines, and even Frozen seems to be slowing down.

- Nemo ride
- Turtle Talk
- various Seas pavilion exhibits
- Living with the Land
- Imagination
- Disney/Pixar Film Festival
- Mission: Space post-show area
- Colortopia
- Gran Fiesta Tour
- Frozen Ever After (FP)
- Agent P
- Spaceship Earth in the afternoon or evening

Characters:
- Mickey/Minnie/Goofy @ Character Spot (FP)
- Chip & Dale
- Baymax
- Joy & Sadness
- Aurora
- Alice
- Jasmine
- Snow White
- Mulan
- Anna & Elsa
- Donald in Mexico
- Daisy
- Pluto

I think that's a better day than you can get in DHS. YMMV of course.

Edit: It's a lot of walking, because Epcot is big, but it's pretty laid back because the lines won't be crazy. There's also the friendship boats to relax on.

ALONZO LAUREL

Original Poster
@Cosmic Commando absolutely I love Epcot but besides the frozen I believe my son and niece wouldn't like it much. And the reason HS sealed the deal was fantasmic and the Disney jr live on stage but but but we got the hopper so maybe a partial Epcot is possible. Thanks for your input.

21stamps

I'm a huge fan of DHS.. I think your kid's ages are perfect and they will definitely enjoy it!

Great shows, great characters. Not sure if the 7 year old is into Star Wars.. but either way, seeing Stormtroopers is an amazing experience :)

SAV

On that short of a trip, did you think about doing an evening at Epcot on your "Pool Day"?

DiSnEyF@n

I second Epcot, but I totally get going to DHS. You know the kids the best and what they like. Plus Fantasmic will be awesome!

Minnie1986

I'll be taking my 8yo godson, and don't foresee spending as much time as I would in HS if he weren't there. Other than Jedi Training, the Indy Show and a few other things(shows mostly), I can't see him getting as much of a kick out of it as I do.

DisneyAubs

If the kids will like shoes DHS is a good choice. My kids at age 1 and 3 could not sit through multiple shows a day.

You may want to reconsider Epcot. There are a ton of characters to meet. My kids also LOVE the nemo ride and exploring the aquarium, Journey into imagination and if Mission Space is open there is a fantastic play area (assuming they're keeping it?

They enjoy world showcase as well--particularly British Revolution in England! And, of course the ride in Mexico and Frozen Ever After.

ALONZO LAUREL

Original Poster
Thank you all for your input I think park hopping will kill me wasting time. Also dont want to over book each day, im planning for meltdowns and breaks so if we hop we might miss things at the park we are at that day. I loved epcot also i just feel this is a good plan but i could be wrong o_O

Tk0021

If that's what you want to do then I'd do Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. DHS is a shell of what it used to be honestly.
We are going for four days over Labor Day weekend and are going to MK and AK. We are doing 3 days at MK, one of those being MNSSHP and one day at AK. We were going to do MK and EPCOT, but with F & W being there we changed our minds also we are staying at AKL. Was kind of last minute choice. We are renting points from friends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom