Theme Park Apprentice 9 - An Off-Site Imagineering Game

D Hulk

Original Poster
Over on Theme Park Insider we have a competition called Theme Park Apprentice. This is another Armchair Imagineering game, much like the many around here, but one which has emerged and evolved independently, and often with a shared focus on Disney parks as well as the greater world of theme parks. The all-new season 9 of Theme Park Apprentice is starting soon, with me as it's host!

I would like to extend an invitation to all of the wonderful, brilliant Imagineers on this forum! We would love to see your talents demonstrated on Theme Park Apprentice! Just follow the link above! TPA is a fun and engaging solo Imagineer game - it's where I cut my teeth - with a slightly different focus from WDWMagic. For this season, it's Extreme Park Makeover, as players look to fix problems they see in existing parks. The first challenge will drop a week from tomorrow, July 9th.

Here's to hoping a few of our forum members try it out! TPA9 should be a lot of fun.

(I will update this thread as needed to keep any WDWMagic players updated. Theme Park Insider doesn't do automatic updates.)

kmbmw777

Over on Theme Park Insider we have a competition called Theme Park Apprentice. This is another Armchair Imagineering game, much like the many around here, but one which has emerged and evolved independently, and often with a shared focus on Disney parks as well as the greater world of theme parks. The all-new season 9 of Theme Park Apprentice is starting soon, with me as it's host!

I would like to extend an invitation to all of the wonderful, brilliant Imagineers on this forum! We would love to see your talents demonstrated on Theme Park Apprentice! Just follow the link above! TPA is a fun and engaging solo Imagineer game - it's where I cut my teeth - with a slightly different focus from WDWMagic. For this season, it's Extreme Park Makeover, as players look to fix problems they see in existing parks. The first challenge will drop a week from tomorrow, July 9th.

Here's to hoping a few of our forum members try it out! TPA9 should be a lot of fun.

(I will update this thread as needed to keep any WDWMagic players updated. Theme Park Insider doesn't do automatic updates.)
Hi Doug,
I would love to but alas, I am very busy this summer with college applications, work, band, etc. I think one contest is all I will have time to follow along on.

I will definately be following along and have fun hosting!

spacemt354

Chili's
Am still interested in this, yes!

Yesterday and today I have received a bunch of secondary apps from med schools that I wasn't expecting for a while after I sent in the primary apps. On one hand it's good, but on the other it means a lot essay writing and time. This on top of a quick Florida trip in a few weeks that was just made:geek:

I will still participate in this though because I agreed a while ago and I'm a man of my word! I just don't know how good my projects will be:hilarious:

D Hulk

Original Poster
Am still interested in this, yes!

Yesterday and today I have received a bunch of secondary apps from med schools that I wasn't expecting for a while after I sent in the primary apps. On one hand it's good, but on the other it means a lot essay writing and time. This on top of a quick Florida trip in a few weeks that was just made:geek:

I will still participate in this though because I agreed a while ago and I'm a man of my word! I just don't know how good my projects will be:hilarious:
No worries, spider-mt354. We have something in the game called a Real Life Pass for players who have other stuff in their lives. Really aiming for this game to be fun first and foremost. :happy:

D Hulk

Original Poster
Another call for anyone interested to play Theme Park Apprentice 9. The first challenge will post this Sunday on Theme Park Insider, with a duplicate announcement here. Anyone who wants to play need only respond once the challenge is live (each challenge of 7 will be a week long minimum).

In the meantime, I'd like to gently ask anyone who knows they'll be playing to declare their intent in our announcement thread. (@FigmentPigments) This helps the judges and other potential players over on TPI gauge interest in the game. Thanks! :happy:

FigmentPigments

Another call for anyone interested to play Theme Park Apprentice 9. The first challenge will post this Sunday on Theme Park Insider, with a duplicate announcement here. Anyone who wants to play need only respond once the challenge is live (each challenge of 7 will be a week long minimum).

In the meantime, I'd like to gently ask anyone who knows they'll be playing to declare their intent in our announcement thread. (@FigmentPigments) This helps the judges and other potential players over on TPI gauge interest in the game. Thanks! :happy:
Oops. :oops: On it! :)

D Hulk

Original Poster
Challenge 1 has now posted. Anyone on these boards is welcome to participate. If you choose to post your proposal here, I will copy/paste it to the other site.

THEME PARK APPRENTICE 9: CHALLENGE 1 - RETHEME AN EXISTING ATTRACTION

We’ve seen a recent theme park trend of creating “new” attractions by retheming the old. Maelstrom became Frozen Ever After. DCA’s Tower of Terror became Mission: Breakout. In all these examples (and others), the basic ride remained the same, but with an entirely new theme.
Your very first assignment for “Theme Park Apprentice: Extreme Park Makeover” is to propose a similar permanent retheme of an existing ride. You may use any park, any ride and any (or no) IP! Keep the ride system the same, but otherwise change as much as you want. Enclose an outdoors ride. Expose an indoors ride. The theming is key this week!

Of course keep realism in mind. For example, Disney rides cannot use Universal properties. Popular franchises are often used in rethemes, but if your interests lie elsewhere, by all means get us excited about your idea! If in doubt, ask.

Anyone is welcome to join in this game and post a proposal, whether or not you responded to the announcement thread! Proposals don’t need to be super-long; aim for a few pages tops. Images are optional. See the announcement thread for details on posting images.

All proposals are due on Saturday, July 15th, at midnight site time (Pacific Time). Late proposals without an acceptable excuse will see their point totals reduced.

Judges will be scoring by the following criteria (all carefully weighted):

Overall proposal quality: 40%
Writing: 15%
Reality check: 20%
Met challenge: 25%

Remember there will be no elimination following this round, so have fun with it!

spacemt354

Chili's
Posted!

While not the longest proposal in the world, it seemed like a fitting length as I'd end up just repeating myself or adding fluff to bulk it up. Chose an attraction that's a bit of a wild card and not in Disney or Uni, but one that I had on my mind for a while. Also was quick enough to post now so I don't have to worry about it throughout the week, and I can do something special later in the week that I will report back on!:geek:

D Hulk

Original Poster
Posted!

While not the longest proposal in the world, it seemed like a fitting length as I'd end up just repeating myself or adding fluff to bulk it up. Chose an attraction that's a bit of a wild card and not in Disney or Uni, but one that I had on my mind for a while. Also was quick enough to post now so I don't have to worry about it throughout the week, and I can do something special later in the week that I will report back on!:geek:
Wow! That is easily the fastest challenge response I've ever seen!

EDIT: And considering the theme you've proposed, I'd say your speed is appropriate. :hilarious:

Last edited:

Suchomimus

Posted!

great-scott-happy-birthday-steve-great-scott-that-was-fast.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom