What will you do this 4 Day Weekend?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Sat. July 1st thru Tues. July 4th
Many people....not all....but many people will have a 4 day weekend.
What will YOU do?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Saturday we will drive 2 1/2 hours from the Jersey Shore area we live in to Lancaster PA
Dinner at an Amish owned business.
All Amish wait staff and cooks.
www.katiesamishkitchen.com
afterwards we'll drive just 2 minutes and then we are at Rockvale Outlets Lancaster
www.rockvaleoutletslancaster.com
...........................................................there will be a concert followed by fireworks.
That night we'll stay in a Hampton Inn.
The next day we'll drive another 112 miles and see:
Penns Cave
www.pennscave.com
so that's us.......HOW "BOUT YOU???????

Nemo14

We're babysitting on Long Island up til the 3rd, then driving to MD on the 4th, painting the nursery on the 5th, then driving to Roanoke on the 6th to pick up some furniture from a friend, then driving back to Long Island on the 8th, babysit on the 9th, drive home to RI on the 10th, then back ti LI on the 11th....

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Is it really a 4 day weekend if most people have to work that monday? :p
My wife is "office staff" and she is off on Monday.
Yet, possibly you are correct. Possibly most people will have to work on Monday. Maybe my wife is one of the lucky ones! :)

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
What is this four day weekend that you speak of? ;)
I guess I am the luckiest one. I'm a teacher on summer break and I have a wife who although she has a 12 month job, her boss gave her a 4 day weekend.
If you guys can forgive :angelic: me, I'd be grateful.
Just pretend my OP was : What will you do this weekend?
:D

epcotisbest

Took today off too so we are fortunate to stretch it out to a five day weekend. We are headed to a lovely state park on a lake in the mountains. Camping in a tent because I sold our camper last year and have not decided on which one to replace it with. The plan was to set up today, but it is raining buckets and we may just wait until tomorrow to set up. Have had the campsite reserved for a while now.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Rainy weather in my area on Saturday caused me to water down my plans.
We only did touristy stuff today.
Our first stop was "Indian Echo Caverns"
www.indianechocaverns.com
Then we went to dinner.....followed by a visit to an old fashioned railroad.....think like "Polar Express".
www.strasburgrailroad.com
............................................after that we drove by Amish horse and buggy folk www.discoverlancaster.com and stopped to admire beautiful/majestic horses and some "moo cows" :cool:
It was a busy but good day! :)

G00fyDad

Saturday: I stayed at home and cleaned then listened to *&^$%# people setting off fireworks until 12 midnight.
Tonight: I finished cleaning out the garage and then I have been listening to *&^$%# people setting off fireworks since 8pm.
Tomorrow: Taking my son and his friend to go-carting, the arcade, and bowling then I will be listening to *&^$%# people setting off fireworks from 8pm to 12 midnight.
Tuesday (ACTUAL DAY OF the 4th of JULY): Cooking out, celebrating my son's birthday, and listening to people setting off fireworks from 8AM to 12 midnight.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Saturday: I stayed at home and cleaned then listened to *&^$%# people setting off fireworks until 12 midnight.
Tonight: I finished cleaning out the garage and then I have been listening to *&^$%# people setting off fireworks since 8pm.
Tomorrow: Taking my son and his friend to go-carting, the arcade, and bowling then I will be listening to *&^$%# people setting off fireworks from 8pm to 12 midnight.
Tuesday (ACTUAL DAY OF the 4th of JULY): Cooking out, celebrating my son's birthday, and listening to people setting off fireworks from 8AM to 12 midnight.
Now is my turn @GoofyDad ......I have neighbors whose back yard comes very close to the back of my house. I'm a corner property so my big yard is on the side of my house. The yard directly behind my house is a thin strip....10 yards at most from my kitchen window to the fence separating me from my neighbors.....who have a huge party...lots of beer.....and they are shooting fireworks that make my wife fear that they'll land on our roof and start a fire. Yeah....I totally get your post that I quoted.
:banghead:

Goofyernmost

Saturday... went out to dinner with my Daughter and family and had some very dry, but, tasty Shepard's Pie.
Sunday... Woke up with a mildly sore throat and what felt like the start of a cold. Went to work at 4:30pm til 12:30am, coughing, sneezing and hacking the evening away.
Monday... pretty much the same thing as Sunday except that I played 18 holes of golf with my SIL and Grandson in the morning.
Tuesday.... Stayed inside all day and nursed my cold. Not severe, just enough to feel less then tops. Am now listening to the reenactment of the Blitzkrieg, in my neighborhood, also the dogs that are not appreciating the sound affects. But, hey, I've been in a war zone before so it's just memories of my youth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom