Verizon to Buy Disney?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
The stuff that pops up in my Google news feed.... o_O

Reported on the Site That Shall Not Be Named from a story in the New York Post (that bastion of journalism ;)), Verizon is considering a purchase of Disney, to make it more competitive with AT&T after it purchased Time/Warner. Apparently, Verizon has expressed interest in Comcast (just what I need - my wireless service owning my cable company), CBS and Disney.

According to the NY Post article, it wouldn't be a full takeover since Verizon's market capital is $182B and Disney's is $106B. Plus, Verizon may not want all of Disney.

Yeah, right.....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Reported on the Site That Shall Not Be Named from a story in the New York Post (that bastion of journalism ;)), Verizon is considering a purchase of Disney, to make it more competitive with AT&T after it purchased Time/Warner. Apparently, Verizon has expressed interest in Comcast (just what I need - my wireless service owning my cable company), CBS and Disney.

According to the NY Post article, it wouldn't be a full takeover since Verizon's market capital is $182B and Disney's is $106B. Plus, Verizon may not want all of Disney.

Yeah, right.....
Tommy really needs to change his byline to "Have rumor, will clickbait."

Smiley/OCD

Yeah, right.....
Can you hear me now??? My dad has Verizon mobile service (I have AT & T), His service is horrible...let them worry about their existing businesses before they try to screw OURS up! But all kidding aside, most of these articles are written by reporters with ulterior motives, looking to move a stock price in one way or another...they're going to buy Apple, Apple's going to buy Disney...the real business mega moves are the ones that are NEVER leaked i.e. Amazon buying Whole Foods. THAT came out of left field, and sent everyone scrambling i.e. Target & Wal-Mart. Could it happen? I guess so...do I hope it happens? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Uncle Lupe

Can you hear me now??? My dad has Verizon mobile service (I have AT & T), His service is horrible...let them worry about their existing businesses before they try to screw OURS up! But all kidding aside, most of these articles are written by reporters with ulterior motives, looking to move a stock price in one way or another...they're going to buy Apple, Apple's going to buy Disney...the real business mega moves are the ones that are NEVER leaked i.e. Amazon buying Whole Foods. THAT came out of left field, and sent everyone scrambling i.e. Target & Wal-Mart. Could it happen? I guess so...do I hope it happens? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
I have been watching WMT price because it was near a 5 year high and was wanting to sell. But waited knowing it would dip and recover. As I watched I saw a big drop in one day. For no reason. This was after the initial high sell off. Two days later the Amazon news broke public. What a coincidence. Big drop in price before big news hits the general public market.

bclane

Verizon buying Disney is as likely as me getting my apartment inside SWE, a Friends reunion show happening this year, Elvis actually being found living in Vegas, and Bigfoot coming over for dinner tonight. Not happening.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
While everyone is laughing about this, the real story is a content delivery network which Verizon has and Disney does not. TWDC is an entertainment company that needs to distribute content. Theme parks are secondary to that. A merger or acquisition is a good thing for both companies and makes a lot of sense.

bclane

While everyone is laughing about this, the real story is a content delivery network which Verizon has and Disney does not. TWDC is an entertainment company that needs to distribute content. Theme parks are secondary to that. A merger or acquisition is a good thing for both companies and makes a lot of sense.
It would be nice for Disney to have their own content delivery network I agree with you there. I just don't like the idea of any company buying Disney. Parent companies make decisions based on what they feel is in their best interests and sometimes this is not in the best interests of their children. I'd rather see Disney develop or buy their on content delivery system and retain full control.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster

Which probably explains why Comcast has now gotten into the wireless business.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
It would be nice for Disney to have their own content delivery network I agree with you there. I just don't like the idea of any company buying Disney. Parent companies make decisions based on what they feel is in their best interests and sometimes this is not in the best interests of their children. I'd rather see Disney develop or buy their on content delivery system and retain full control.
It all depends on the parent. USO under Vivendi was an unmitigated disaster. GE and Comcast greatly improved things. Many would say that they are leading things in O town these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom