DVC room cleaning service question

Jeff056

Original Poster
I'll be staying for the first time in the villa/condo area of the polynesian later this year and i had a question on room service. I heard that it isnt like a hotel where daily service comes by? Just curious if thats true or not and how to tackle my morning supply of coffee and if replacement towels were needed. Thanks for any help that can be provided!

DisneyJoe

I'll be staying for the first time in the villa/condo area of the polynesian later this year and i had a question on room service. I heard that it isnt like a hotel where daily service comes by? Just curious if thats true or not and how to tackle my morning supply of coffee and if replacement towels were needed. Thanks for any help that can be provided!
Depends on how you paid for the room - are you using DVC points or paying via credit card?

correcaminos

Just wanted to say I hope you have a wonderful stay. We love the two showers there (stand alone is n't favorite shower head on property) and it's our second home at Disney now

GoofGoof

Premium Member
@sxeensweet answered the question, but since you mentioned coffee I will just add that at least one day while you are at the Poly you should head over to Kona Cafe for breakfast and a cup of 100% pure Kona coffee. If you don't want a full sit down breakfast the Kona Island Sushi bar right next to Kona Cafe has cups of the pure Kona coffee to go. It's the best coffee on property by far:)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
@sxeensweet answered the question, but since you mentioned coffee I will just add that at least one day while you are at the Poly you should head over to Kona Cafe for breakfast and a cup of 100% pure Kona coffee. If you don't want a full sit down breakfast the Kona Island Sushi bar right next to Kona Cafe has cups of the pure Kona coffee to go. It's the best coffee on property by far:)

Yes the 100% Kona coffee in the French press is amazing my hubby has to have some at least once every trip. They used to sell the bags if you ask at Kona ( I think they still do) of the 100% Kona coffee beans for $40 a piece to take home. ;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes the 100% Kona coffee in the French press is amazing my hubby has to have some at least once every trip. They used to sell the bags if you ask at Kona ( I think they still do) of the 100% Kona coffee beans for $40 a piece to take home. ;)
Yes, they sell the bag at Kona Island too. You can get whole bean or they will grind it for you. We tried it one trip and brought it back to our room but I didn't think it tasted as good brewed in the room. I need my coffee scorching hot and I think maybe the in-room brewer doesn't get hot enough.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes, they sell the bag at Kona Island too. You can get whole bean or they will grind it for you. We tried it one trip and brought it back to our room but I didn't think it tasted as good brewed in the room. I need my coffee scorching hot and I think maybe the in-room brewer doesn't get hot enough.

We brought ours home used it in a French press coffee pot like at Kona. Maybe try it that way if you buy it again. You can get a French press somewhere for $20. (You can also spend $100 but not necessary lol) ;)

Weather_Lady

I'm glad the OP is a cash guest and won't have to worry about the coffee!

We like to rent DVC points and that's the one negative for me -- it's not about getting the room cleaned or beds made or towels refreshed, but I really miss the daily refills of COFFEE!!! (I bring my own filter packs to compensate, but it would be nice if they'd at least leave enough coffee packets in the room to tide us over for the length of our stay -- I need coffee like I need oxygen.) :) :) :)

Phonedave

We like to rent DVC points and that's the one negative for me -- it's not about getting the room cleaned or beds made or towels refreshed, but I really miss the daily refills of COFFEE!!! (I bring my own filter packs to compensate, but it would be nice if they'd at least leave enough coffee packets in the room to tide us over for the length of our stay -- I need coffee like I need oxygen.) :) :) :)

I always pack coffee and filters in my luggage. Most of the time we go through a "pound" bag of coffee before the end of the trip, and I have to pick up a bag of Mickey's "Really Swell" coffee, which really is not bad at all - much better than those filter packs.

-dave

correcaminos

We don't drink coffee, but when our family who does comes, we just bring it with us. They're not fans of the coffee in the room that's provided by Disney anyway.

We also stop at a grocery store so adding coffee isn't hard. I think this one of those to each their own though, but we don't find not getting coffee a bad thing. You can always call and get more :)

Jeff056

Original Poster

thanks for the recommendation, Kona coffee is by far my favorite type just as it is in general

Jeff056

Original Poster

This may be off topic, but where you do rent points from? I may try that next before really looking to purchase, thinking of renting points and trying out vero beach..

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This may be off topic, but where you do rent points from? I may try that next before really looking to purchase, thinking of renting points and trying out vero beach..
There are a few good sites out there. David's is the one I've heard a lot of people use.
http://www.dvcrequest.com/

You can also rent directly from an owner. I think DIS board has a DVC rental section. It can sometimes be cheaper direct from the owner but there's a little more risk since there's no middle man handling money.

Weather_Lady

We've used David's and been very pleased. I've also made requests to the DVCRentalStore, and found their customer service to be equally good (in terms of responding to e-mails, etc.), but it's just so happened that in each case, David's was able to come up with a member to rent points more quickly, so we've gone with them (as a bonus, David's was slightly less expensive, although the price each business charges per point can vary depending on the resort and how far our you want to reserve). It would be even cheaper to rent directly from an owner, but my attempts to use the Mouseowners website for that purpose haven't worked out, and in any event, going through a middleman gives me an extra degree of comfort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom