Trip Report Will it ever stop raining? Our June 2017 trip

Hi, all!! I've finally had a chance to start going through my photos and thought I would get started on my trip report! For those of you not familiar, here is my pre-trip report:
Adventure is out there...June 2017
If you don't want to read the PTR, here is a brief synopsis before I get started:
Who: Me (Amy), DH (Brian), DS Logan (14), DD Lily (12), and DS Owen (9)
When: June 2-17, 2017
Where: Universal Studios (Hard Rock Hotel), Disney (Art of Animation), and SeaWorld

For those of you who followed along with the live portion of my PTR, I apologize that some of the photos will be the same. I'm too lazy to go back and remember which ones I used!

I experienced one of the longest days of my life on Friday, June 2!! We left Dayton, Ohio before 5am.

Neither one of us drinks coffee, but we definitely needed some caffeine to start our morning! We stopped for the best Coke in the world!!

McDonald's!!
We had a little delay in Cincinnati because I-75 was closed both directions and we had to take a little detour.:eek:
We waved @LisaBelle and @21stamps and any other Cinci friends as we finally drove over the bridge and entered Kentucky!

We made sure to get past Lexington before morning rush hour, and stopped in Richmond for breakfast.

The kids had never had Chick fil A for breakfast, so we had to correct that!

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We were soon in Tennessee!

Then we hit Georgia pretty quickly!

Then it all went downhill!!:mad:
We hit so many traffic delays that before we even hit Atlanta, Brian had declared that we would never drive again!! I was beyond ecstatic to hear him say those words!:D
As this came into view, I was waving to @Tuvalu , @lostpro9het , @imahistorygeek , and any other Atlanta friends on here!

Luckily, the rest of the drive through Georgia was uneventful! I won't repeat what I said about Georgia in my notes for that day, but it wasn't very flattering!:eek:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
It seemed like forever before we were seeing this:

And this:

Then we stopped at the welcome center, but we were too late for OJ!:(

Then we encountered this:

Day 1 of rain on our trip!!
Not a great pic, but we were super excited to see this sign:

Brian and I were barely on speaking terms by the time we got to the hotel.:eek: Google maps and our AAA Trip Tik were apparently a little out of date considering all the construction! Both said to take an exit to the right, but the sign on the road said to go left, so we had a little difficulty finding Hard Rock Hotel!! It wouldn't have been such a big deal if we hadn't already been in the car for 16 hours!!
Another bad pic, but we finally made it!

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Check in was super easy, and we were soon on our way to our room. We got most of the bags out of the car before heading up to our 5th floor room. We got in the one set of elevators in the hotel, then walked, and walked, and walked before finally getting to our room! We were literally the second to farthest room from the lobby on our floor! And there was not any way to get down to the lobby from our wing other than to walk back to the elevators! Oh well, we still enjoyed our room!

Brian likes to do everything himself, so we made one more trip to the car to get the last of our stuff, then we explored the resort a little before going to bed.

Fountain out front:

Floor of the lobby:

View from the pool:

Little lobby area that we went through to get to the pool:

Logan really liked the chandelier, as he plays the saxophone!

This was near the entry to the little grab and go food area:

So, to reiterate: this was day 1 of rain for our trip!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
The hotel looks awesome! Love all the music touches, being a "band geek" myself. :p It's been raining pretty much everyday at home since we returned from Disney... feels like forever since I've seen the sun! Lol
We really did enjoy Hard Rock! We've had a lot of rain here too! It's getting kind of depressing!
Hooray! I'm excited for this! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks! I can't wait to share it with everyone!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Can't wait to read all about it!
Thanks!
I'm definitely in!

Those long drives can be a killer.
The drive was definitely not fun!
16 hours of being in the car stresses me out! You passed right by where I live too on the border or Tennessee and Georgia. I would really love to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel at some point, and major props to you for getting out and exploring the hotel that night after being in the car for all of that time.
It was really more about needing to stretch my legs out and help the kids wind down since they slept most of the trip! I easily could have just fallen in bed, but I knew I would regret it in the morning!

LisaBelle

Hi, all!! I've finally had a chance to start going through my photos and thought I would get started on my trip report! For those of you not familiar, here is my pre-trip report:
Adventure is out there...June 2017
If you don't want to read the PTR, here is a brief synopsis before I get started:
Who: Me (Amy), DH (Brian), DS Logan (14), DD Lily (12), and DS Owen (9)
When: June 2-17, 2017
Where: Universal Studios (Hard Rock Hotel), Disney (Art of Animation), and SeaWorld

For those of you who followed along with the live portion of my PTR, I apologize that some of the photos will be the same. I'm too lazy to go back and remember which ones I used!

I experienced one of the longest days of my life on Friday, June 2!! We left Dayton, Ohio before 5am.

Neither one of us drinks coffee, but we definitely needed some caffeine to start our morning! We stopped for the best Coke in the world!!

McDonald's!!
We had a little delay in Cincinnati because I-75 was closed both directions and we had to take a little detour.:eek:
We waved @LisaBelle and @21stamps and any other Cinci friends as we finally drove over the bridge and entered Kentucky!

We made sure to get past Lexington before morning rush hour, and stopped in Richmond for breakfast.

The kids had never had Chick fil A for breakfast, so we had to correct that!

Thanks for the shout out! Sorry that Cincinnati traffic lengthened your journey.
Loved your live updates and am really excited to hear all the details.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Thanks for the shout out! Sorry that Cincinnati traffic lengthened your journey.
Loved your live updates and am really excited to hear all the details.
You're welcome! That back up was the least of our worries that day! We had made up that time before we ever left Kentucky. Hope you're able to hang in there with me because this is going to end up being a long report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom