Pre-Trip All-aboard! Yacht Club in July '17.

Since 2007 our family tradition has been to go to WDW every two years. The tradition almost died in 2015 but 3 out of 5 of us saved it with a day trip. This year, with the help of a convention, we are going to the Yacht Club in July!

The Specifics (so far). I am a member of AHEPA which is like a Greek Knights of Columbus. A terrific organization that raises money for scholarships and good deeds in our community.
The AHEPA national convention this year is at WDW and they managed to secure a terrific group rate. So good in fact that I was able to convince my "not so much loving Disney" wife to agree to a trip! We've stayed at the Beach Club twice but never the Yacht Club. I'm beyond excited. We will be checking in Tues July 24th and leaving Sun the 30th.

The Players. The saddest thing about this trip will be the absence of my oldest daughter Alexandra. She graduated from College last year and is now enrolled in an accelerated nursing program. Her schedule just won't allow here to get away. I'm sure she'll be there for the 2019 trip!

DSC07422-XL.jpg

Who is going -

Myself (Chris). Disney lover trying desperately to cling to a family with 3 children that is now in reality 2 adults and a teenager. Photography enthusiast hungry for more Disney photos. Head planner and decision maker (which often leads to getting myself in trouble).

My lovely wife (Val). Those that read my other reports will not be surprised to know that Val will be the least excited to be on our trip. I think her exact words were "I'm not going to Disney again, and especially not in the *$%##@ middle of Summer!" Considerable compromises and sacrifices were made to get her to say yes. Here is a picture of the two of us from last summer. I'm not nearly as tan now as then but hopefully will be by our trip.

DSC02030-XL.jpg

Sterg - My 20 year old son will be with us this time. He missed our 2015 trip to Clearwater that included the one day at WDW. He's a sophomore at Penn State studying in the field of IT and on the swim team. He will be the source of much entertainment and laughs; if I don't kill him first. Here he is in the pool. Notice the shaved eyebrow; evidence of a bet that didn't go his way.

DSC01116-X2.jpg

Toni - When my last teenager isn't wrapping me around her little finger, she is busy with schoolwork and more dance classes than Mikhail Baryshnikov. Toni loves Disney as much as I do and we are usually the only members of the early morning Park contingency. Here she is holding our dog Prince.

DSC05205-XL.jpg

to be continued...

Last edited:

fractal

Original Poster
Every reason to be a Proud Papa! Over the years you look to have captured some great memories for all three of your kids through the lens of your camera.

Toni has blossomed into a lovely young woman. You and your wife must be so proud. :)

Beautiful pictures from the recital! :)

Thanks for sharing! She looks like she is quite the dancer! Proud dad moment for sure.

Stunning pictures!

Thanks for sharing!! The pictutes are amazing but more importantly, the young lady seems most impressive!!

Thanks everyone!

KathyJetson

OK I'm all caught up now.
First of all I wanted to say how sorry I am about your family members that's a lot to deal with all at once.
Very nice wedding pictures.
The dance pictures are beautiful and I can't believe how grown up Toni looks!
Your plans sound great and I can't wait to hear all about your great adventures.

fractal

Original Poster
Every reason to be a Proud Papa! Over the years you look to have captured some great memories for all three of your kids through the lens of your camera.

thanks! Those photos are priceless to me.

Looking forward to this trip report and seeing more wonderful photos!

thanks @newhorizons1 !

OK I'm all caught up now.
First of all I wanted to say how sorry I am about your family members that's a lot to deal with all at once.
Very nice wedding pictures.
The dance pictures are beautiful and I can't believe how grown up Toni looks!
Your plans sound great and I can't wait to hear all about your great adventures.

Thank you @KathyJetson !

Beautiful recital pictures! Toni looks to be an amazingly talented young lady. You have every right to be a proud papa!
I'm looking forward to your upcoming trip!

Thanks @PacNWTigger !

@fractal your pictures of Toni are stunning!

Thanks @Zipitidoda ! After 6 years of taking recital photos I'm starting to get half decent with them.

Awesome! Thank you!!!! Cant wait to see the first video!!

May not be pretty...

This is exciting! Can't wait to see the video. :happy:

Work in progress...

In this crazy world we live in, it's so refreshing to come onto these boards and remember what's really important-family and loved ones. I love seeing the family love!!! You are a devoted family man for sure. Thanks for sharing your trip plans. Looks like you guys will have an awesome time. Only a few weeks away now!

thanks for the kind words @DisneyPrincess5 I feel the same way about this place.

"The Fractal Channel" - love it! Looking forward to following along:D

Filming has begun, albeit not as smooth as anticipated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom