Unique stories of your kids at Disney World

John park hopper

Original Poster
My oldest son is now 37 years old and my middle son is 34. When they were 10 and 7 we took them to Disney World (early 1990) each got to pick out a Micky lolly pop from one of the shops on main street. The 7 year old ate his and within a short time it was gone. The 10 year old never unwrapped his and when we got home he saved his and to this day he still has it in the freezer. In late 1990 I had a meeting outside Disney and went to one of the shops on main street to get him another Micky lolly pop. I was told by the cast member they no longer made the extra large ones so i got him the largest they had (as a joke). he saved that one too and now has that one in his freezer along with the original. My wife and I spent our 40 th anniversay May 2017 at WDW and got my oldest son another Mickey lolly pop which is slighly smaller than the original. He was thrilled and guess where that one is -- in his freezer with the other two. That has now become a running joke in our family and every time we go to WDW he will get another Mickey lolly pop

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

"Gather your baloneys" is something we now say regularly in our home when we're leaving to go somewhere, after my daughter (then age 4) kept mishearing the Disney bus transportation exit message instructing passengers to "Gather your belongings and take small children by the hand." We were four days into the trip before she finally asked me "Where are OUR baloneys? They keep telling us to gather our baloneys and we don't have any!"

Minnie1986

My oldest son is now 37 years old and my middle son is 34. When they were 10 and 7 we took them to Disney World each got to pick out a Micky lolly pop from one of the shops on main street. The 7 year old ate his and within a short time it was gone. The 10 year old never unwrapped his and when we got home he saved his and to this day he still has it in the freezer. In 1990 I had a meeting outside Disney and went to one of the shops on main street to get him another Micky lolly pop. I was told by the cast member they no longer made the extra large ones so i got him the largest they had (as a joke). he now has that one in his freezer along with the original. My wife and I spent our 40 th anniversay in this May at Disney and got my oldest son another Mickey lolly pop which is slighly smaller than the original. He was thrilled and guess where that one is -- in his freezer with the other two. That has now become a running joke in our family and every time we go to Disney he will get another Mickey lolly pop
This is adorable!

SAV

Our daughter was about 2 when we brought her down. Parked and jumped on the parking tram to get to the entrance and told her it was a Choo Choo Ride to get to Disney. She was happy and content. We get up front and try to unload and she starts freaking out grabbing at the tram saying "Choo Choo Ride", not wanting to get off of the tram. She had no idea what awaited her on the other side of those gates.

Later in the trip, we took her on Dumbo and did the old technique of waiting in line together until we got up to the split point. I counted and let 32 people go ahead of me and then was in the next group after them so I could grab her from my wife and she got 2 rides for one trip through the line. All was great...she loved it...until it was time to get off the ride. Of course she didn't want to and was kicking and flailing away(terrible two's after all). My wife hands her to me over the fence, she's pitching her little fit, grabbing my glasses...everyone is chuckling. Realizes she is getting on again and immediately calms down.

We still laugh over the different things that happened on that trip.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My oldest son is now 37 years old and my middle son is 34. When they were 10 and 7 we took them to Disney World each got to pick out a Micky lolly pop from one of the shops on main street. The 7 year old ate his and within a short time it was gone. The 10 year old never unwrapped his and when we got home he saved his and to this day he still has it in the freezer. In 1990 I had a meeting outside Disney and went to one of the shops on main street to get him another Micky lolly pop. I was told by the cast member they no longer made the extra large ones so i got him the largest they had (as a joke). he now has that one in his freezer along with the original. My wife and I spent our 40 th anniversay in this May at Disney and got my oldest son another Mickey lolly pop which is slighly smaller than the original. He was thrilled and guess where that one is -- in his freezer with the other two. That has now become a running joke in our family and every time we go to Disney he will get another Mickey lolly pop

That is a sweet story, tradition and good memories forever. Love it.

LIMA TIME

We first took our son when he was 2 1/2 (he is now almost 9). As he was out first born, and his first trip we let he pick the rides, etc. The first day at MK we did small world, dumbo, and the carousel, all with in the first hour. He was having a blast. But he kept saying Panda's eat grass. We thought it was odd, but didnt think much more of it. He loved all the rides, but since he was sooo little we would only do a few rides and then on to something else. Every time we asked him what ride he wanted to go on he would say pandas eat grass. Not until the last day, we were back on Small world for the first time since the first day, we are cruising through when he points the right of the boat when were in the Asia part of the ride and what do we see? You guessed it, a panda eatting grass.

For 5 days he had been trying to tell us what he wanted, and we weren't hearing him. (we then rode it about 8 times in a row)

Since then, in our house when someone finally understands something, the Mrs. and I say, Pandas eat grass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom