DVC spreadsheet vs Disney hotel costs

Disneygirl1996

Original Poster
I am trying to convince my hubby to buy DVC. Does anyone have a spreadsheet that shows the savings of DVC direct vs. Disney hotel. Thank you.

jim1051

I am trying to convince my hubby to buy DVC. Does anyone have a spreadsheet that shows the savings of DVC direct vs. Disney hotel. Thank you.

I did this once but it so depends on what resort you compare it to, and how much DVC will cost it wouldn't be much use. For example , My dvc cost $ 67 a point in 1999, and we compare it only to deluxw resorts and dvc 1 BR.

If I use the latter, my breakeven was 5.6 years based on 280 points.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

We have one - but it would do you no good at all....

Why? Ours started in 2013. We tracked initial buy in cost, cost of room (2 times per year), vs DISCOUNTED (REAL) COST in the main hotel, given our dates.

You see, no one can predict that last part. It's a great thing to TRACK, so one can understand when you hit "break even" - that point where your very substantial up-front CASH investment is paid off, and you start to win.

WE will start to "win" in 2018. FIVE YEARS after buy in. That's pretty decent.... We will make more on DVC than we would have with the banks.

Couple of points.... if you do not have a good $28K in CASH to give WDW? Don't do this. DO NOT FINANCE. You would do better using your CCs to CHARGE the up front cost. HAVE CASH.

Next one? You may buy into any Resort you like. You don't HAVE to take what WDW is "pushing" today. BUY where you want to STAY. And just explain that if you don't get what you want? WDW GETS NO MONEY. Ignore those "Resort not available" messages. EVERY Resort is available. They are NOT "sold out". :).

lightguy

buy resale for whatever resort you want and then if you want the "extras" buy a small contract direct from Disney. We saved about 35% on our "main" contract that we bought resale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom