Trip Report Fairytales Do Come True...

Well friends, we've returned from a magical, rainy, pixie dust filled trip that will NEVER be topped in my book. :) I have so much to share with you that I simply couldn't wait any longer! The first post is a little word-heavy, but I promise the rest of the report will have LOTS of pictures!

Here's my PTR if you'd like to read it!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/prince-charmings-1st-trip-june-2017.922944/

Here we go! :joyfull:

Tuesday, 6/6

We had a 4pm flight out of Pittsburgh so fortunately didn't have to rush around much the morning that we left. We did some last minute packing and cleaning before loading everything up and heading to drop Tink off at my parents' house. She spent the first 4 days there and the last 4 days with Dylan's mom (and her wiener dog boyfriend :angelic:).

It's never easy leaving this sweet little baby. :( She knew something was up! Fortunately she was a good girl all week and had lots of fun with her grandmas! ;)
IMG_0047.JPG

Disney here we come!!!!! :joyfull:
IMG_0050.JPG

We were on the road a few minutes after 1pm and it didn't take long for me to take over Dylan's Pandora with the Disney station. :p We arrived at 3pm and parking was a nightmare! We were starting to really cut it close and I was stressing. We went to check our bags and were informed that our flight was delayed until 7:30pm due to weather. It was extremely frustrating to be delayed, but it was a blessing in disguise because we were so short on time. So much for having time to do something on arrival day. :(

We went to TGI Friday's for some snacks. Dylan had pretzels and I had French Onion Soup. I was dreaming about BOG soup. :hungry: It was fine, nothing spectacular! But it filled our tummies and held us over until we got to Orlando.
IMG_0052.JPG

After our long delay, we finally boarded our flight and took off right on time at 7:30pm.

fullsizeoutput_3640.jpeg

Let me just preface the next part of my report by saying we literally had the BEST flight crew ever! They were so much fun!

The flight attendants went through the typical safety speech but when they were done, one came back over the intercom and said, "I've been asked what to do if you have more than one child. Which one should you put the mask on first? You put it on the one who has the most earning potential OR the one who's going to change your diapers in the years to come. Because that's coming." :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

When we started our descent into Orlando, the same flight attendant came back on and sang our landing directions to the tune of "She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain." Then, another flight attendant came on and sang a farewell song to the tune of "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah." I wish I would have recorded them so I could remember the words. They were HILARIOUS! I love Southwest. :)

We finally landed at 9:30pm and headed to ME. Dylan stopped for some McDonalds in the food court on the way, lol. My mom bought me a Belle MagicBand for Christmas and I had called the day before to get it activated because it wasn't letting me do it myself. Well, it still wasn't working when I scanned it at the ME counter. :cautious: Fortunately, I had thrown my band for this trip in my carry on so scanned it for the time being.

Being that we landed close to 10pm, I wasn't sure about whether or not ME would get our luggage for us. The CM at the counter said we were fine and they would get it. It made me a little nervous, but we took her word for it.
IMG_0054.JPG

We boarded a boring Mears bus at 10:10 and pulled out a few minutes later. The welcome video was broken so we watched Brave instead. :(
IMG_0055.JPG

We arrived home at 10:45pm! :joyfull: This is the best I could do, lol.
IMG_0056.JPG

We went to the front desk to get my MagicBand fixed which only took a few minutes. I also never received my "room ready" text so had to figure out where we were staying. We were in the Hoops Hotel section! I took these pictures later in the week since it was dark when we arrived. :)
IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

I had requested a first floor room, thinking it would be nice to not have to walk up and down steps or ride the elevator. It ended up being pretty noisy with all the people walking by. We're both heavy sleepers and even more so because we were always exhausted at the end of the day, so it wasn't a huge deal. But I just thought it was worth mentioning for those of you who are light sleepers or have little ones!

We stopped in the food court for a snack and our mugs, as we were on the dining plan. We ate our snacks in our room and then hopped into bed!

I woke up at 3:30am and we still didn't have our luggage. There was a message on the phone that was left at 1am saying our luggage was there.. to call when we needed it and they would bring it to the room. I went back to sleep and called when we got up at 6:30am. I was on hold for 15 minutes and when they answered, was told luggage services didn't open until 7am. :cautious: Then why did you leave me a message saying to call when I wanted it delivered? Our luggage arrived a few minutes after 7am so it ended up being fine.

Next up, Magic Kingdom!!!! :joyfull:

7,183 steps
5.74 miles

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I am so happy for you!! Congrats again! :inlove:

Thank you so much! :)

He is so smart for doing it in the morning! He probably would have had such a terrible day if he'd waited until fireworks or something. Way to go, Dylan!

This is hilarious! He was so caught up in the excitement, he probably forgot he was the photographer :hilarious:

I said the same thing!! His original plan was to do it on the last day of our trip but my mom told him not to wait that long. Who knows what issues he might have run into, not to mention being a nervous wreck all week long!

He must have!!! :hilarious: At least I know the next person taking pictures of me won't forget that she's the photographer. :p

Welcome to the Disney proposal club! it never gets old telling people you were proposed to at the Magic Kingdom :) Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

A club that I'm thrilled to be a part of! :p It's the most perfect place for a proposal and I'm positive I'll never get tired of telling people all about it! :)

Yay!!!!!! So happy for you. Isn't a Disney proposal the best proposal ever? I just had to read your story to my fiancé because when he proposed to me in Disney he was acting the same EXACT way. The quietness, bathroom break, weird random questions etc. I was talking to him in the photo pass line right before he proposed and he was straight up not answering me and just biting his nails..... I want to hear all about the rest of your trip. It's so much better to be in Disney as a recently engaged couple. I was so sad when I got home and people stopped telling me congratulations everywhere I went. You should be able to wear just engaged pin in real life.

Thank you! And YES it totally is! :inlove: Spending the week in Disney following our engagement was literally THE BEST! Not just because of all of the attention and pixie dust we got, but mostly the happy and loving atmosphere! The most perfect place to celebrate any major milestone. :)

Ahhhhh!! CONGRATULATIONSSSS!!! How exciting, can't wait to read all about your trip!

Thank you!!! I still can't believe it! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Congratulations to you both!! How exciting to have a Disney proposal...definitely a little jealous...but incredibly happy for the two of you...hehe! :D

Thank you! I still feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world! :joyfull:

Congratulations!!!!!!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove: I can't wait to read more!

And congrats on the big move coming soon! I've been following along on your PTR but never commented :oops:

ETA: RING PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!! You know us girls need to see the bling!

Awww thank you! Glad to have you aboard. :) I'll be sure to get the ring pictures up ASAP! I love looking at bling! :p

Awwwwww! :inlove: I have tears in my eyes! What a perfect Disney proposal. I am absolutely thrilled for you and Dylan. I wish you all the best! I can only imagine how much fun it was to receive engagement congratulations all week. I love the birthday and anniversary wishes, but it would be extra special to receive engagement wishes :joyfull:!

Awww thank you! :inlove: The engagement wishes were so much fun... Disney is one of the only places where you truly feel like EVERYBODY is celebrating with you! It made the whole thing that much more special! :)

I don't comment often, but I have been following in your PTR. I just wanted to say Congrats! How magical! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness

Thank you so much! :)

Great Proposal!!! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!!!

Thank you!! He did a great job! ;) This Disney princess is happy!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Congratulations!
Following along for the ride!

Thank you! :)

Congrats, Brittany! :inlove:

Thank you! :inlove:

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! Congratulations!!!!!
To be newly engaged is like walking on air. I can only imagine the thrill of it happening in Disney!
SO excited for you!

Thank you! It was literally the best combination of feelings EVER! :joyfull:

Congratulations!!! So happy your Fairytale came true:inlove:

Thank you! I am too. :)

Congratulations!!! So happy to read about fairytales coming true. You guys are so cute.

Awww thank you! :inlove:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Awwwww! I LOVE it!!!! Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!! And I love that he was wearing his Beast shirt for the proposal. Perfect!

Thank you! We had the perfect proposal outfits. :inlove:

Oh my goodness congratulations on your engagement! I need to quit reading these reports at work especially ones that make me cry happy tears. Good thing I have my own office :joyfull:

Thank you! Glad to induce happy tears. :p

Ah I've been waiting for this TR and I'm so glad you've started it. I cannot wait to experiencing the adventure with you - and see what foods I can eat on future trips ;) LOL.

SO.FREAKING.CUTE! Having a Disney proposal myself, I know exactly how excited you felt - made my think of my own. I am SO happy for you. What an amazing moment. I am SO glad that Dylan decided to do it right at the beginning of your trip too. Ahh you two are adorable!

LOL! Lot's of good food will be discussed in this report, don't you worry! :p Thank you so much! Us Disney proposal girls have to stick together. :rolleyes:

Judging by the comments I was seeing, I figured something special happened on your trip! Just had no idea it would be so soon!!! I am so happy for you! I know how badly you wanted your Disney proposal! I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip as a newly engaged couple!!!

Thank you so much! It was the perfect way to start our trip and the perfect way to celebrate such a major milestone! :joyfull:

I'm tearing up reading this! How special for you and how great that he managed to keep it a surprise!

Awww thank you! I can't believe he pulled it off, but I'm so glad he did. :inlove:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I am so happy for you and Dylan! Such a magical place to become engaged!! What a great idea to propose at the beginning of the trip, so you could enjoy being newly engaged and congratulated all throughout WDW!! I am excited to read the rest of your report, but I can't imagine it gets any better than this!

Thank you! He planned it out perfectly and I couldn't be happier! :inlove: There's no better place than Disney to celebrate!

AWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy and excited for you guys!!!! I love that he did it at the beginning of the trip so that you could enjoy it the whole time :)

He's a pretty smart cookie. :p THANK YOU!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, 6/7 cont.

We walked through Liberty Square and I noticed the Muppets show going on so we walked over to watch. Unfortunately, it was almost over and we never ended up catching a full show the rest of the week. The little bit that we saw was cute!
IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

Dylan was upset that the Hall of Presidents was still closed for refurbishment, since he's a huge history/politics junkie. :p I've never seen the show either so it's something to look forward to for both of us!
IMG_0085.JPG

We finally made it to our FP+ for Big Thunder Mountain! It started raining just as we walked into Frontierland and when we got in line they started making the inclement weather announcements. Fortunately, we were able to make it on before they shut things down! We got pelted with rain the entire ride so it wasn't totally enjoyable. :hilarious:
IMG_0087.JPG

We had a fun, wet, and wild ride in the wilderness! :) It started pouring as we exited the ride so we broke out the ponchos and umbrellas. We started toward our lunch ADR, thinking that we'd try to check in early to escape the rain. We noticed at 15 minute wait for It's a Small World so decided to hop in line for that to kill some time instead. We waited 15 minutes and had barely made it anywhere. :bored: There was no way we would make it through and still get to lunch on time so we got back out of line and continued on our way to lunch.

Where were we eating, you ask?

HERE! :p:inlove:
IMG_0088.JPG

I <3 Be Our Guest!
IMG_0089.JPG

I let Dylan choose which dining room we sat in and I fully expected him to pick the West Wing. He surprised me and chose the Rose Gallery! I was thrilled because it's the only one I've never eaten in. :)

I still took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the Ballroom. :inlove:
IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

When we first sat down there were only a handful of other people in the room, though it did fill up quite a bit by the time we were finished with our meal.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, 6/7 cont.

Dylan was on the phone with his mom so I took a few minutes to walk around and take some pictures. I wish I could have even one of these paintings in my house! There's not much else to say in this post so just enjoy the decor. :)
IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

I tried to angle my phone in a way that I wasn't getting people sitting at the tables below each painting in the shot. I didn't want to be a creeper. :p Fortunately, the room was still pretty empty as I was walking around so I didn't have too much trouble!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, 6/7 cont.

It took a little while for our food to come out even though we had preordered, but before long I was inhaling my French Onion Soup that I've been waiting a year to have again. :joyfull::p:hungry:
IMG_0102.JPG

I had the Carved Turkey Sandwich (again) and it was even better than I remembered! The baguette was warm and soft, earning the meal two thumbs up from me! As if there were ever any question about that. ;)
IMG_0101.JPG

Dylan had a Roast Beef Sandwich, but I can't give you an official name because it seems that they've already removed it from the menu. :oops: He said it was okay but not spectacular.
fullsizeoutput_365b.jpeg

And what would a meal at Be Our Guest be without DESSERT!? :hungry: The Master's Cupcake.. It really is delicious! I miss the old chocolate squares that said "Be Our Guest" all over them. :(
IMG_0103.JPG

Seeing as Beauty and the Beast is my FAVORITE, I tried to take an artsy shot but only somewhat succeeded. :hilarious: Curse you BOG lighting!
IMG_0104.JPG

We made our way out of the restaurant at about 12:30pm.
IMG_0105.JPG

It was still pouring so we put our rain gear back on and headed to our next FP+. What better time to ride Splash Mountain than when you're already soaked? :p
MK_SPLASH_20170607_8052870821.jpeg

It rained the entire ride and of course we got wet from the drop.. So by the end we were thoroughly drenched, lol. We decided to head out of the park for awhile to rest in the room and finishing making phone calls to family members and friends back home. :)

We boarded the train (or the MPB @Tuvalu ;)) and sat for a few minutes while everybody else was loaded. All of a sudden there was an announcement that all passengers had to disembark due to unforeseen circumstances. :cautious: We made the rainy walk to the front of the park via Adventureland, but stopped to get our "Happily Ever After" celebration buttons before making our way to the buses. It was about 1:30pm when we left, however it took awhile for the bus to actually get going as a result of several EVC's and a bus driver shift change.

We spent a few hours relaxing in the room and getting ready for a fun evening back at MK! :)

prfctlyximprct

I said it before, but I'll say it again, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I am so unbelievably happy for you two! What a smart guy to do it right in the beginning!!

Like I said on Instagram, the fact that utter strangers are so incredibly happy in the background just melts my heart. Everyone is smiling!! I love that others happiness brings happiness. Oh my goodness I could cry! Disney truly is the most magical place on earth and it brings out the hearts in all of us!!

From one bride to be to another, congrats!!

Food, smood. :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Congratulations

Wait
I already did this

Ah but this is a different congratulations

This is for being able to still tour MK after the excitement of the proposal

Way to stay focussed!!

Max

I can always count on you for a laugh Max. :hilarious: My priorities were in order! Disney above all else, ALWAYS! :p

I said it before, but I'll say it again, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I am so unbelievably happy for you two! What a smart guy to do it right in the beginning!!

Like I said on Instagram, the fact that utter strangers are so incredibly happy in the background just melts my heart. Everyone is smiling!! I love that others happiness brings happiness. Oh my goodness I could cry! Disney truly is the most magical place on earth and it brings out the hearts in all of us!!

From one bride to be to another, congrats!!

Food, smood. :p

THANK YOU!!! :joyfull: I love all of the happy strangers, too! That small aspect of those pictures sums up the magic of Disney in a nutshell. We always seem to find minor details to complain about, but we always seem to forget just how happy and friendly *most* people are there. Some may call it a cult, but I call it a special kind of family. :inlove:

YAY for being Disney brides together!!! :p Time to celebrate with a Disney beverage.. Tell Joe you have a business trip in mid-July. :rolleyes:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, 6/7 cont.

We headed back to the park refreshed and ready to go about 5pm. We found a fantastic photographer on Main Street who spent A LOT of time taking "engagement pictures" for us. :inlove: I'm mad at myself for not writing her name down.. I did pretty good with that throughout the week but for whatever reason I forgot her. :( She deserves some praise because she was fantastic! I'm so happy with all of these. :joyfull:
MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20170607_8053092017.jpeg

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20170607_8053092021.jpeg

The love in this picture. :inlove: Seriously guys.. he's my prince! <3
MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20170607_8053092023.jpeg

:inlove::inlove::inlove:
MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20170607_8053092025.jpeg

Some bling for you ladies. :p
MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20170607_8053092027.jpeg

She asked us if we wanted to do a Beauty and the Beast picture since we were wearing our shirts... sure! :p See the resemblance?? :angelic: Dylan thinks this one is so dorky but I think it's cute and fun! :joyfull:
MK_MSUPTOWNJL_20170607_8053092028.jpeg

ipsrwwhh4xunhlm5iexe.jpg

We finished our photo shoot and headed off toward our third FP+ of the day- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! Views as we walked. :inlove:
IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, 6/7 cont.

Dylan was excited for this one since we'd walked past it a few times throughout the day. He said it was good but way too short (which we can all agree with!)

Heigh ho!
IMG_0115.JPG

His face in this one. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
MK_MINETRAIN_20170607_8053096011.jpeg

I guess he has to be a little weird to put up with me. :p
MK_MINETRAIN_20170607_8053096005.jpeg

After our trip through the mines, we went to watch Mickey's Philharmagic!
fullsizeoutput_365d.jpeg

We enjoyed the symphony but had to head out after so we could make our dinner ADR! :D

See you later MK!
IMG_0122.JPG

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, 6/7 cont.

We made our way out of the park and hopped on the monorail! Just casually admiring the wedding pavilion while we waited. :angelic: See you soon Grand Floridian!
IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

I was really excited to try this new restaurant after @Tuvalu's great reviews! Our ADR tonight was at the Grand Floridian Cafe, which truly is a hidden gem! Our reservation was at 7:05pm, but we arrived about 15 minutes early. They took my number and said they would text us when our table was ready.
IMG_0125.JPG

We ventured outside to look around.. it turned out to be a gorgeous evening! This was Dylan's first experience with a deluxe resort and he was impressed. :) (*Hint hint @sheriffwoody ;))
IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

I received our text 5 minutes later and soon we were being led to our PERFECT little table! :inlove: So romantic and perfect for such a special day!
fullsizeoutput_38a6.jpeg

Our server was Amanda and she was FANTASTIC! She was very informative and attentive, constantly checking on us and keeping our drinks full. She made a big deal over us getting engaged and we had great conversation with her throughout our meal. It turns out that she's from Pittsburgh and actually attended Clarion University (which is where Dylan and I both went and 15 minutes from where we currently live). That led us to a conversation about wrestling (Clarion's program was phenomenal back in the day), and it turns out that she and Dylan know many of the same people in the wrestling community. It really is a small world after all! :p

Amanda brought us some yummy rolls with sea salt butter to munch on while we decided on our meals.
IMG_0131.JPG

We perused the menu for a few minutes but it didn't take us long to decide!
fullsizeoutput_38a4.jpeg

We both went with the New York Strip Steak and it was SO GOOD! The potatoes were also scrumptious! I was struggling to finish it all which was frustrating because it was that good! Lol.
IMG_0132.JPG

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Wednesday, 6/7 cont.

*Short post- I just want to finish up our dinner before leaving off for the night. :)

Even though we were pretty stuffed, the dining plan comes with dessert and we wouldn't want to waste it. :p We took a few minutes to look over the menu and again decided on the same thing!
IMG_0133.JPG

Chocolate Fondue for the win! :hungry: The fruit was so juicy and delicious and those marshmallows were toasted PERFECTLY.
IMG_0134.JPG

As we were finishing up, Amanda came back to the table carrying this little beauty. :inlove:
IMG_0135.JPG

It was such a nice and unexpected thing for her to do! She made our meal so special and perfect.. Another CM who deserves some praise. :) She's on my list of CM's to mention when I call Disney!

One small hiccup.. We left her a cash tip and so didn't stick around to make sure everything was squared away with our dining credits. She said we were good to go so we didn't think anything of it. Something went wrong and we ended up with random people's orders on our bill which amounted to a $10 charge to our room that "wasn't covered by the dining plan." We didn't realize it until the end of the week when we went to pay the room charges. The CM at our resort refunded us the money so it wasn't a big deal. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but thought it was worth mentioning - always check the printout of room charges before paying!

Grand Floridian Cafe... TWO thumbs up! We absolutely loved everything about it. The food, the atmosphere, our server. It was wonderful and is definitely somewhere we'll visit again! So if you're looking for a new restaurant to try, this is it! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom