Trip Report It's Two, Two, TWO Trips in One! *COMPLETED*

Title reference for those of you younger than dirt ~

Got it? Good!

This trip report is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a picture of me and my significant other.

IMG_7324.JPG

I invite you, if you dare, to follow along on a lengthy adventure that includes three resorts, lots of flowers, exotic food and a Fruber (a what?) Because this report travels directly to.........the Tuvalu Zone.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
You mean "code name" Shirley MacLaine; as the rest of the CM scramble to clear the park for you. :D
:joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull:

Wow!! That food looks awesome!! Sorry I am trying to catch up and had to comment mid-reading.
The breakfast buffet is delish. I hope it remains after the refurbishment.

The thought that the GMR may be closing makes me so sad...it's my 13 year old son's dream to be a tour guide there one day. He'd be crushed. Any idea if they really have plans to close it?
Though no official announcement has been made, those "in the know" seem to suggest the GMR's days are numbered. :(

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con't

Upon exiting Toy Story Mania, we encountered Sarge interacting with guests. Mom and I stopped to watch. I'm so glad we did because Sarge was hilarious!

"I see you ladies are staring at me!" he called out to us. "It's the uniform!"

IMG_7148.JPG

Two little kids approached him and their mother asked if she could take a picture. Sarge went into an instant stiff pose while the mom told her kids to be still and stop wiggling. She lifted her phone and hesitated, prompting Sarge to shout out: "Take the picture already! It's only one button!"

Gotta love the Streetmosphere at DHS.

We walked to the end of Pixar Place to take a peek at the construction.
IMG_7150.JPG

IMG_7149.JPG

It is not a "through" thoroughfare, so we had to turn around and backtrack to our next attraction.

A sign of the times ~ former multiple FP machines location now down to 2 kiosks.
IMG_7152.JPG

Technology for the win.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
For lunch, Mom took a trip down Memory Lane.

IMG_7163.JPG

IMG_7164.JPG

Several items in the picture above could be found in her childhood home.

I'm glad the baskets are back for guests to "set the table." Although I do miss the ones with the red Mickey ears. Curse you, basket thieves! :devilish:
IMG_7165.JPG

Methinks Mom has been here before......
IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_7168.JPG

@fractal, you were right. 50s Prime Time got the "Shirley MacLaine" code. Our 360 degree view ~

IMG_7170.JPG

IMG_7171.JPG

IMG_7169.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our server played his character well ~ that's part of the fun at 50s PT, right? He kept calling Mom "Peggy Sue" which suited her perfectly.

Peggy Sue ordered the crab cake and the wedge salad.....which she LOVED.
IMG_7172.JPG

I went with the traditional fried chicken. (@mlegerto this is the chicken to get!!!!)
IMG_7173.JPG

The chicken was crunchy and moist, superb as always. Sadly, the corn was mush and the potatoes lumpy. I was glad our server didn't force me to finish my vegetables. ;)

Mom wanted an ice cream treat for dessert, but when she looked at her watch and realized it was time for our next FP, she decided to pass (for now).

Only one show could trump an ice cream craving.....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
From one show to another.....

IMG_7180.JPG

IMG_7188.PNG

IMG_7187.PNG

....and then Mom was done with DHS.

She did want to check out the stores on Hollywood Blvd. on the way out. My eldest likes the challenge of these metal puzzles. Tweezers are necessary because the pieces are so small. His birthday was coming up so I bought the Haunted Mansion puzzle for him.

IMG_7189.JPG

"Let's get our picture taken!"
IMG_7355.JPG

IMG_7356.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
At this point it's like a thousand degrees out and had I been in charge we would have boarded an air-conditioned bus to take me to that wonderful ledge in the Hippy Dippy pool.

But it wasn't about me.

Instead we boarded a very warm boat for a very long ride to Epcot.
IMG_7190.JPG

@MinnieM123, entering via the International Gateway again!
IMG_7191.JPG

Mom wanted to "do the countries" since we'd only seen Canada, Mexico and Norway the other day. She didn't reveal her ulterior motive until after we'd gone through the gate.

"I want a lemon scone," she announced. Apparently she had gone through the F&G food booklet!

I found us a shady table while she waited in line.
IMG_7192.JPG

(The U.K. CMs also had received the "Shirley MacLaine" code.)

I was thankful Mom bought a couple bottles of water with her scone. So hot. So thirsty.

Scones do nothing for me but Mom said this was very good.
IMG_7193.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Now on a sugar high, Mom was ready for some shopping!

IMG_7194.JPG

One of my dear friends was traveling to London in a few days. Seeing a Beefeater was on her bucket list. I sent her the following, captioned: I don't need to fly across the ocean to see one of these!
IMG_7196.JPG

Brother is a big Beatles fan. Had a birthday coming up. Mom debated but did not buy the mug.
IMG_7197.JPG

@TrolleyFollower91, this mug's for you!
IMG_7198.JPG

Goodbye, U.K.!
IMG_7199.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We paused for a picture on the bridge to France.

IMG_7359.JPG

(Was I standing on my tip toes? I am not several inches taller than my mama! :confused:)

We walked through the gift stores and then went to check the time for Impressions de France....just missed it! :facepalm:
IMG_7200.JPG

I know y'all have seen lots of pictures of the Beauty and the Beast topiary....from the front.
How many have you seen from the back?
IMG_7201.JPG

You're welcome.

It was my turn to request a sweet treat. And I knew just where I wanted to go.....Les Halles!

Shockingly, Mom was able to snag a table while I waited in line. The seating area inside is so small. Having a table and chair meant I could take my time savoring this little beauty ~
IMG_7202.JPG

I have wanted to try the strawberry tart forever. But I am such a choco-holic I always end up buying a cookie, croissant or mousse instead. Not this time!

Was it worth the wait?
ABSOLUTELY. :hungry:

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our exploration of Morocco and Japan was quick. I think Mom wanted to avoid the Japanese drummers! (Like mother, like daughter.)

Mom loves Americana. Shopping in Heritage Manor, listening to the Voices of Liberty and viewing the American Adventure are MUSTS.

IMG_7206.JPG

IMG_7207.JPG

"I want to try the Smokehouse," Mom said as we exited the AA theater. (Ah, more proof that she had studied the F&G food booklet!)

IMG_7208.JPG

IMG_7209.JPG

We shared the slider and the burnt ends hash. Both were out of this world!
IMG_7210.JPG

Mindylee143

View attachment 209829

Mom and I have a soft spot for the Muppets.

View attachment 209830
Can we please take these guys home?!!!

How many of you have noticed these details in the preshow area?
View attachment 209831

View attachment 209832

View attachment 209833

@Mindylee143 I found the perfect present for your son in the gift store adjacent to the Muppets.
View attachment 209834
A sign for his room! :)

He actually has this exact sign proudly hanging in his room! We bought it for him when we visited earlier this year. I really wish that they would have had more GMR souvenirs for him...couldn't find a button, pin, or shirt to save my life! He was given a special Tour Guide pin from one of the tour guides...he rode so much that they all knew him by name! He was one happy camper! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom