Rumor: Will Alcoholic Beverages Be Included on the 2018 Disney Dining Plan?

Joeamc

Original Poster
They have a junior age for hotel guests. I think they should at least offer a junior age of 10-12, or 10-15 or some such thing. And I think the alcohol should be a stand alone add-on, but it doesn't seem to read that way.
As far as I know, the age of hotel occupants is only used in determining the maximum number of occupants per room, not for pricing. I do agree though that there should be some sort of "middle" age group between child and adult for the DDP.

drizgirl

As far as I know, the age of hotel occupants is only used in determining the maximum number of occupants per room, not for pricing. I do agree though that there should be some sort of "middle" age group between child and adult for the DDP.
Not just the DDP, but the price of dining off the plan as well. You haven't lived until you realized you just spent $60 for your kid to eat chicken nuggets. :p

Joeamc

Original Poster
Not just the DDP, but the price of dining off the plan as well. You haven't lived until you realized you just spent $60 for your kid to eat chicken nuggets. :p
Yea
I agree Drizgirl, Spending almost $50 at chef mickeys for my 10 year old daughter as an "adult" doesn't make alot of sense.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
You pay extra for a third or fourth (or more) person over the age of 18.

correcaminos

From what the article said, people who do no the wish to have alcohol beverages could choose "specialty" non alcoholic beverages.
Some of the specialty non-alcoholic beverages are good, but not THAT good. The cost/value would be severely diminished for those who chose not to drink.

You pay extra for a third or fourth (or more) person over the age of 18.
With the exception of DVC rooms that you rent. It's total people in room, not by age.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I agree Drizgirl, Spending almost $50 at chef mickeys for my 10 year old daughter as an "adult" doesn't make alot of sense.
Then why would you do it? Was the price hidden from you until you completed your meal? This line of thinking absolutely baffles me. The people who say "I would never do that thing, it's too expensive" at least have some credibility. What's the logic behind "it's too expensive, but I did it anyways"?

drizgirl

Then why would you do it? Was the price hidden from you until you completed your meal? This line of thinking absolutely baffles me. The people who say "I would never do that thing, it's too expensive" at least have some credibility. What's the logic behind "it's too expensive, but I did it anyways"?

I think it's one of those situations where you know going in what the cost is, but you're not really ready to give up the family experience you have enjoyed for many years (and don't want to give up for the younger kids), so you talk yourself into thinking it will be ok, but then when the bill comes and you see the total you have different feelings about it.

Joeamc

Original Poster
Captain America, Just to be clear, i NEVER said "I would never do it, its too expensive" or "its too expensive, but I did it anyway(s)". As a matter of fact, I do it all the time (meaning I eat at chef mickeys with my kids as well as other character buffets, dinner shows etc). The statement I was making is, it doesn't make a lot of sense that we need to pay for our 10 year old kids as adults. Further more, I take my kids to california grill at least once every trip, and let my daughter order whatever she wants on the menu.

ninjaprincesst

It would be insane. I think it's wrong they have alcohol at Disney at all. I do not understand why people think they must have it, this is Disney, can't we survive without it for a few days? This would make me never get the dining plan again.

BuddyThomas

It would be insane. I think it's wrong they have alcohol at Disney at all. I do not understand why people think they must have it, this is Disney, can't we survive without it for a few days? This would make me never get the dining plan again.
Let's also ban anything with sugar in it...also anything with fat in it, and anything else that provides pleasure to someone on vacation.

ninjaprincesst

Let's also ban anything with sugar in it...also anything with fat in it, and anything else that provides pleasure to someone on vacation.
Why as americans does everyone think they can not have fun without being drunk? we can't go to sporting events concerts or even Disney world without drinking. You may as well just stay home and drink because after a few drinks you have no clue where you are anyway. And sugar is a stupid thing to compare to alcohol because eating a dole whip is not going to render you drunk and obnoxious.

BuddyThomas

Why as americans does everyone think they can not have fun without being drunk? we can't go to sporting events concerts or even Disney world without drinking. You may as well just stay home and drink because after a few drinks you have no clue where you are anyway. And sugar is a stupid thing to compare to alcohol because eating a dole whip is not going to render you drunk and obnoxious.
Excuse you, who posts without knowing what you are talking about. Just because you have a drink does not mean you are drunk. If you do not like to drink, don't drink. But don't judge others who do. It's ridiculous. I"ve seen more sober people who were obnoxious than people who have had a drink or two. The sober people who let their children run around a restaurant screeching their brains out are the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom