Rehire status

Caitlinmxo91496

Original Poster
I was in the college program august 2016- May 2017. The months I was there I had about 11 points and 2 reps after all being for attendance. I talked to my manager before I left and he said my status to go part time with the company wouldn't be effected. Looking to see if anyone has been in my situation and has gone part or full time after having so many points. Really hoping to get hired in the next few months.

mousehockey37

Doesn't sound good any way you slice it. Especially when they can hire brand new people who will actually get to work on time, whether that is full or part time.

Caitlinmxo91496

Original Poster
Lol. I forgot to mention I have doctors notes for the days I was out sick.
Thank you for your input. You really answered m
Yeah, that's great and all, but if you still got pointed, obviously the notes didn't matter.
you clearly have never worked for Disney so you don't understand the point system. *asking anyone who has experience with this topic please*

mousehockey37

Thank you for your input. You really answered m

you clearly have never worked for Disney so you don't understand the point system. *asking anyone who has experience with this topic please*

Nope, haven't worked for Disney, but have worked for many years. Doctor notes are your excuse for an absence or lateness, but you still got pointed. You also accumulated all this in about 10 months? I understand people with illnesses, but I know that there are people with illnesses that can work around a schedule and not get pointed/reps and still make it to work on time.

Again, employers don't have to dig into why you had the points or reps, just the fact that they were there in a 10 month period is a flag.

Caitlinmxo91496

Original Poster
Nope, haven't worked for Disney, but have worked for many years. Doctor notes are your excuse for an absence or lateness, but you still got pointed. You also accumulated all this in about 10 months? I understand people with illnesses, but I know that there are people with illnesses that can work around a schedule and not get pointed/reps and still make it to work on time.

Again, employers don't have to dig into why you had the points or reps, just the fact that they were there in a 10 month period is a flag.
Yes all within 10 months. As I said I was in the college program so I worked about 45-50 hours a week. I had one day off a week. They never worked around the fact that I was sick.

mousehockey37

They never worked around the fact that I was sick.

I understand a love for Disney, but why go back if they won't work around the fact that you're sick?

I also find it hard to believe that they wouldn't work around someone with an illness. That's a form of discrimination if they refused to acknowledge an illness and accommodate it. So without knowing the whole story here, things still aren't looking good.

Nulyte

I understand a love for Disney, but why go back if they won't work around the fact that you're sick?

I also find it hard to believe that they wouldn't work around someone with an illness. That's a form of discrimination if they refused to acknowledge an illness and accommodate it. So without knowing the whole story here, things still aren't looking good.
Just to chime in they discriminate all the time. My husband was let go because they found out I had breast cancer. They literally told him ," we feel it's best at this time to terminate your contract due to
your wife's illness". Never written up , never counseled and never missed a day due to my condition, not absences at all. So please don't assume it doesn't happen. They are a huge company with many entry level managers who don't have a clue. The new Global Hr is also clueless. An EEOC complaint was filed and found that a case for discrimination is justifiable. They are like any other big company, easier to pay the fines than fix what's wrong......

AVGuy

The rules for CP'ers may be different but the scenario you described would never fly with full time employees covered by a union. I don't want to ask personal questions, but the only way you were accumulating points like that is if you were calling out and not pre-arranging your Doctor's appointments. Disney has gone to great lengths to work with co-workers of mine who were battling illness. Also, if you miss multiple days in a row due to illness, it's still just one point. So you would have had to call out without notice 11 different times, non-consecutively. Something just doesn't seem to add up to me.

Nulyte

The rules for CP'ers may be different but the scenario you described would never fly with full time employees covered by a union. I don't want to ask personal questions, but the only way you were accumulating points like that is if you were calling out and not pre-arranging your Doctor's appointments. Disney has gone to great lengths to work with co-workers of mine who were battling illness. Also, if you miss multiple days in a row due to illness, it's still just one point. So you would have had to call out without notice 11 different times, non-consecutively. Something just doesn't seem to add up to me.
Each "park" and area runs separately and not all run the same or follow the same guidelines. That's because it's such a big company and not everyone gets the memos. I've known friends who they have worked with during illness ( they were all PT) , we have found very few FT that they work with in our discovery process......

AVGuy

Each "park" and area runs separately and not all run the same or follow the same guidelines. That's because it's such a big company and not everyone gets the memos. I've known friends who they have worked with during illness ( they were all PT) , we have found very few FT that they work with in our discovery process......

I read your story previously and it's disappointing. My comment was directed at the original post regarding the discipline matrix for attendance. In that regard, all of WDW follows the same matrix. I feel like there is information missing from the OP and I stand by that comment. Additionally, I'm aware of a few cast members who deal with ongoing illness and/or disease. In cases with which I am familiar, Disney has been as helpful as they can within the corporate policies.

I hope you are doing better and it's awful what you and your husband have gone through, especially if Disney was less accommodating than they could have been. I have had a few close family members dealing with cancer. If your family hasn't gone through it, empathy can sometimes be hard to find from those whom have never dealt with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom