The Great Movie Ride Competition Discussion

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
**Starting this thread for official sign up and discussion**

A few ground rules:
(1) Don't hate the host - This will be my first time hosting a competition so go easy on me. I think there's a pretty solid set up and don't anticipate anything to major to mess things up, but if there is I appreciate your patience. You can hate the prompt (and you may) but don't hate the host. :)
In all seriousness, after things have gotten started, ended, whatever, if there's something you did/didn't like, shoot me a PM. I'm always open to any constructive feedback and if there is ever a 2nd season, etc. want to improve it any way I can.
(2) Play nice - this is hopefully a good natured competition. Good natured trash talk with the other teams is fun, but let's keep it within bounds and above all, respect and work well with your team.
(3) Most importantly, have fun - This competition was born out of a fun discussion, love for movies and appreciation of a great attraction at DHS. Unfortunately none of us are getting paid to do this, but I don't think any of us would be on here if we didn't enjoy the creating, chatting, etc that this forum provides.

I initially posted the idea a few months back and was going to have this be a fairly laid back competition with no points, etc.to bring a chill vibe. I've been rethinking that, not to make this uber competitive, but to help maintain some structure, keep interest, intrigue, etc. Plus I know some of you seem to already be itching to defend or take back a competition team crown. The idea I have in mind will be a little different and will fit both the theme of the competition but also reward different aspects of the work being done. If you just absolutely want this to be laid back with no points, etc. beyond just basic reviews and 1st place, please let me know. Happy to go along with whatever makes this as enjoyable for you all as possible.

I'll be posting a recap of who I've seen express interest already so you don't have to post again here.
Thanks for reading and looking forward to a fun season!

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Here's the running list I've got so far confirmed. Anybody I've missed or anybody new, please post here. We are still a couple of weeks out so if you need to withdraw, just let me know. I know Tiki has a pretty cool Universal competition that kicked into gear this week so if you want to concentrate solely on it, no worries. This will be team based as mentioned so if you are game for trying both, the teams should be big enough you can just help with brainstorming for a few weeks if need be. Even after the comp has started, if you're interested, we can find a space for you. Initially capping teams off at 6 but will adjust as needed. Will be taking into account your team requests and post the final rosters/team names as we get closer.

So here's who I've got so far
@Angels and Disney's @Poe Dameron @David2319 @QuillPenn @DlpPhantom @tcool123
@MonorailRed @spacemt354 @FigmentPigments @kmbmw777 @CraniumCommand89 @gonzoWDW
@StevenU @90skid @mickeyfan5534 @Coasterninja

gonzoWDW

Really excited! This will be the first time I've done something other than the One Sentence Competition. Just an FYI, I didn't get an alert even though I was tagged. I've heard people mention the tagging system is buggy if you do more than three people in a post. That may have caused some issues.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Really excited! This will be the first time I've done something other than the One Sentence Competition. Just an FYI, I didn't get an alert even though I was tagged. I've heard people mention the tagging system is buggy if you do more than three people in a post. That may have caused some issues.
Yeah I believe you are right about that. I recall now space doing a bunch of separate updates on the club 32 status. Thanks for the note on that.

spacemt354

Chili's
Yeah I believe you are right about that. I recall now space doing a bunch of separate updates on the club 32 status. Thanks for the note on that.
Yeah i really wish when i would tag everyone for the updates i could do it in one post, but I've found that when you tag more than 3-4 people per post, they don't get an alert or some do and others don't. Through trial and error with Club 32 ... 3 tags per post works all the time so that's why i stuck with that and would do those multiple consecutive tagging posts...was not for convenience haha

spacemt354

Chili's
I regretfully should step out of this competition I had a blast for my short time in the House Cup, but I know I can't committ to another competition! I have to spend most of my free time this summer studying for the CPA exam :(
For what it's worth - I think this is a comp you can step in and out of. If your schedule becomes overwhelming you can just head out like in the House Cup, and someone can fill your place later on. But if you don't have time in general then good luck over the summer!

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
I regretfully should step out of this competition I had a blast for my short time in the House Cup, but I know I can't committ to another competition! I have to spend most of my free time this summer studying for the CPA exam :(

Hate to lose you but I totally understand. As space said, this is the type of deal you can miss time here and there if needed with teammates covering and no eliminations bur take care of that CPA. Itll probably be 2 weeks before team announcements since things can change so let me know. Heck if your wanna drop in July sometime more than welcome.[/QUOTE]

The90skid

Hate to lose you but I totally understand. As space said, this is the type of deal you can miss time here and there if needed with teammates covering and no eliminations bur take care of that CPA. Itll probably be 2 weeks before team announcements since things can change so let me know. Heck if your wanna drop in July sometime more than welcome.
[/QUOTE]I appreciate the gesture! I will make a final decision before team announcements and let you know

spacemt354

Chili's
Can't wait for this. Is the Ravenclaw reunion real and we can pick our own teams?
@Disney Dad 3000 can correct me if I'm wrong - but you can pick your own teams as long as the teams as a whole are semi-even so we can have good competition throughout the season.

According to the list we have 16 players signed-up right now (*15 if 90sKid decides not to). And the goal is to have teams of 6 players each. The 6 players per team is similar to House Cup and would be a good benchmark to start with so that if someone needs to take a break for a round, there would still be enough players on the team so they aren't at a disadvantage. And as the season goes on, if more people want to join, the numbers per team would increase (making projects more flexible) or equilibrate out if some others took a break. :bookworm:

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
GMRLogoFinal.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom