Yacht Club Enhancements

Unfortunately, the night that we stayed there was an add on to the beginning of our trip as we had to leave early to escape that last snow storm that hit the northeast. The hot appetizers at dinner was the one time that we missed. We got there very late and only enjoyed the cordials and desserts (which were fabulous!!), as well as breakfast in the morning. We really like the breakfast offerings as we feel that it can successfully replace having to eat breakfast somewhere on property. There are a ton of choices in the morning that allowed us to fill up before hitting the parks. The new lounge is much bigger too and we had a great experience there in the evening when we arrived. We got our desserts and started playing a board game. Another family saw us having so much fun that they came over and asked to join us. It was really fun.

Having stayed CL at the BC and YC, the refurbs of both lounges have been home runs in my opinion.

Thank you very much for responding! That stinks you didn't get to try the appetizers, but at least you got to experience the other offerings!! I'm looking forward to seeing the lounge and updated rooms!! Definitely makes it a bit more exciting!! Happy you had a great trip!

mdubm

Brief update--staying at YC in August and just received a construction notice. Included in it: "Additionally, the table-service restaurant, Captain’s Grille, will be temporarily relocated to Ariel’s due to refurbishment. During this time, breakfast, lunch and dinner will continue to be served out of this location, but please note that the breakfast buffet will no longer be available. Quick-service dining options will also be available to you at the Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace."

So that opens by August.
We received this for or stay in the beginning of June too, so I'd assume it may be able by then too. Will update when we go :)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, April 30. The Fittings and Fairings retail store refurbishment in the Yacht Club is still on-going. The inside has been gutted and is still an empty space. The quick service side was supposed to be finished and open by mid-May, but they are behind and that opening will be postponed. The resort's retail "store" has been relocated to a portion of the lobby, near the Captain's Grille.

IMG_9529.JPG

IMG_9530.JPG

nicb88

So when all is finished at the Yacht Club, there will be two counter service options? The Market at A&C and Fittings and Fairings? I'm a little confused as to why two!

mdubm

Photo update as of Sunday, April 30. The Fittings and Fairings retail store refurbishment in the Yacht Club is still on-going. The inside has been gutted and is still an empty space. The quick service side was supposed to be finished and open by mid-May, but they are behind and that opening will be postponed. The resort's retail "store" has been relocated to a portion of the lobby, near the Captain's Grille.

View attachment 202218

View attachment 202219
If any of you follow Disney Food Blog, she posted a good live video today of the Market today and it's offerings.
I'm getting more and more excited to be 19 days away!

Dr.GrantSeeker

Can anyone tell me the approximate opening date of this and when Captain's Grill will end its serving at Ariel's? We're headed to BCV in October, and would love to check out the new CS at Yacht Club, and might make an ADR at Captain's Grille just so we could check out Ariels.

I am currently eating at the Captain's Grille (Ariels). I just asked a CM when it will reopen, she said they are being told October 2017. I don't know how reliable the information is though. Here are some pictures.
IMG_3970.JPG
IMG_3972.JPG

staying here June 2 to 4 before heading over to monorail resort. do any refurbishments affect the pool / outside? or are they mainly dining / shops?

YC is big draw to us due to B&C, pools, and Epcot!

LAM378

staying here June 2 to 4 before heading over to monorail resort. do any refurbishments affect the pool / outside? or are they mainly dining / shops?

YC is big draw to us due to B&C, pools, and Epcot!

The lake side of the resort and Stormalong Bay are fine. The area with the quiet pool and tennis court is full of construction equipment and vehicles (with the pool still accessible, although not very quiet). If sitting on the balcony is important to you, I would not want a room overlooking that area. Otherwise, you may run into some little signs of construction around the place, but nothing too intrusive.

wagnerdanp

Do we know which floors have been completed and what floors are currently being worked on? Or is there a planned schedule? We are staying in mid-September at the Yacht Club and I'd like to try to request the new rooms, etc

Dr.GrantSeeker

From what I was able to see last week, floors 3-5 have been completed. I did go to the second floor and the themeing was the old style.

mdubm

Do we know which floors have been completed and what floors are currently being worked on? Or is there a planned schedule? We are staying in mid-September at the Yacht Club and I'd like to try to request the new rooms, etc
I'm here now and they are doing the 2nd floor. Somehow we accidentally pressed floor 2 on the elevator and the entire floor is closed off. There's a sign when you stop. I'd imagine by September you'll be good to go on an updated room.
Other than this forum, and the few signs I've seen, I'd hardly know construction was taking place. I've added two pictures of the new Marker at Ale and Compass. It's really nice and you can now refill your mugs there (at a Coca Cola free style machine, to boot), which makes it much easier than walking out to hurricane Hannah's.
IMG_4987.JPGIMG_4988.JPGIMG_4988.JPG

mdubm

Thanks for the update! I'm staying YC CL in November. Just wondering if you could tell me about the different Hot appetizers that are currently being offered in the evening? Thanks!!!
This won't help much. We keep missing the hot appetizers as well. Tonight I glanced briefly and it was pigs in a blanket, assorted cheeses, assorted salads. It wasn't anything over the top. I will say that we've really enjoyed having it as an option. We love the breakfast, around mid day it's the same chips with hummus and ranch and carrots and other veggies. Gummy bears, yogurt covered pretzels, chocolate covered cranberries, and cookies. We've mainly gotten our money's worth with beer and wine.

MCast

I'm here now and they are doing the 2nd floor. Somehow we accidentally pressed floor 2 on the elevator and the entire floor is closed off. There's a sign when you stop. I'd imagine by September you'll be good to go on an updated room.
Other than this forum, and the few signs I've seen, I'd hardly know construction was taking place. I've added two pictures of the new Marker at Ale and Compass. It's really nice and you can now refill your mugs there (at a Coca Cola free style machine, to boot), which makes it much easier than walking out to hurricane Hannah's.
View attachment 208468View attachment 208469View attachment 208469

Thanks for this. If you were to enter this new area via the front (not the small stairs), what is toward your right where there was another section of the gift shop?

surfsupdon

Thanks for this. If you were to enter this new area via the front (not the small stairs), what is toward your right where there was another section of the gift shop?

I believe that part is currently under construction, behind walls, and will be retail. The cooking is off to the left as you enter from the main entrance.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 19. The former Fittings and Fairings retail store in the Yacht Club resort will open next week, the last week in July 2017. It is located next door to the recently opened Yacht Club quick service Market.

IMG_9867.JPG

Here is an interior view (behind the curtain). The walls are actually off-white and will have the same décor as the Yacht Club Market next door. The yellow hue in the photograph was because I didn't use a flash.

IMG_9868.JPG

surfsupdon

Thanks. I see the carpeting in this area outside the store is also the new design which is a much lighter color.

The original color scheme of the lobby was so rich and nautical. I worry about the new lighter carpeting and window treatments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom