New Marvel Attraction at Hong Kong Disneyland

Jones14

Original Poster
So it looks like there's a Marvel attraction coming to HK; The Pavilion has a coming soon poster for something called Mission: Dimensions of Danger. The photo below is from Instagram:

Attachments

• IMG_3737.PNG
    IMG_3737.PNG
    325.8 KB · Views: 274

BrianLo

IIRC, The Pavilion is the Flex Space near Adventureland that houses the haunted house during Halloween time.

Thanks! What an odd location for this. I also discovered in my perusal of the map to find it that Autopia is totally now removed from the official Disneyland online map. Not in a temporary unused way (the Pavilion building is there), but in a wiped from existence way. There is no reference to it on the HK Disneyland website whatsoever (https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/attractions/theme-park/map/)

Has it been closed for a while? Were there major issues with the attraction? Or I wonder if plans were shuffled, that's an awfully premature closure for something that apparently isn't opening for 7 years.

@GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks! What an odd location for this. I also discovered in my perusal of the map to find it that Autopia is totally now removed from the official Disneyland online map. Not in a temporary unused way (the Pavilion building is there), but in a wiped from existence way. There is no reference to it on the HK Disneyland website whatsoever (https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/attractions/theme-park/map/)

Has it been closed for a while? Were there major issues with the attraction? Or I wonder if plans were shuffled, that's an awfully premature closure for something that apparently isn't opening for 7 years.

@GiveMeTheMusic

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it was a cost saving move. There's no other explanation.

@GiveMeTheMusic
HKDL's Autopia has been closed since June 2016.
It will be demolished soon to give way for the Avengers E-ticket ride coming in 2023.

So it looks like there's a Marvel attraction coming to HK; The Pavilion has a coming soon poster for something called Mission: Dimensions of Danger. The photo below is from Instagram:
This is going to be part of HKDL's Marvel summer event, though not much info has been disclosed yet.

Here's all I know about the upcoming summer event:
- Captain America meet-and-greet (possibly in Main Street, USA - there is a room next to City Hall for themed M&G)
- Avengers card (forgot the exact name of this, should be similar to the Monsters University Student Card they did in summer 2013)
- Spiderman meet-and-greet at the Pavilion
- Mission: Dimensions of Danger at the Pavilion (possibly a temporary walkthrough attraction)

There is also a Marvel-themed 10K weekend. But I don't know if it's regarded as part of the Marvel summer event or not.

No Name

This is how the attraction looks like:
(I am NOT the owner of this video)

Wow, that's neat!

Sure, it's not perfect. Sure, some of those door opening effects are cringeworthy. But, in my opinion, this is pretty good for a temporary attraction. I was just expecting a basic walkthough, not something with live actors and a plot of sorts.

Despite higher operational costs, I think things like this have real potential. Sitting in a ride vehicle provides a sense of security and viewership, whereas I feel like you're more a part of the action when you're walking alongside live actors. DHS could really use something like this. The Great Movie Ride comes close, but of course that will soon close. Or, imagine if something like this were a queue. Have this be the buildup to a ride. Oh, the possibilities!

Thanks for sharing the video.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom