2018 Pricing

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
So Disney usually releases their pricing for the next year sometime in June right? Is anyone else as anxious as I am to for this to come out? I'd really like to book my summer 2018 trip knowing about what the price is going to be barring any discounts they come out with between now and then.

CWilson

So Disney usually releases their pricing for the next year sometime in June right? Is anyone else as anxious as I am to for this to come out? I'd really like to book my summer 2018 trip knowing about what the price is going to be barring any discounts they come out with between now and then.
I am in the same boat! We're headed there next summer to celebrate our 10th anniversary! I was told that they should be released at the end of this month, maybe early July. We ended up booking a room only, and are going to do a conversion to a package when the prices come out. This guarantees us the hotel we want for the dates we want. It's free to convert, so I'd suggest doing the same. You'll just have to pay a deposit on the hotel. That way you know you've got the accommodations handled!

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
I am in the same boat! We're headed there next summer to celebrate our 10th anniversary! I was told that they should be released at the end of this month, maybe early July. We ended up booking a room only, and are going to do a conversion to a package when the prices come out. This guarantees us the hotel we want for the dates we want. It's free to convert, so I'd suggest doing the same. You'll just have to pay a deposit on the hotel. That way you know you've got the accommodations handled!

I have considered doing this but I have read unless you want a really specific room category it isn't really necessary. I'll be getting a standard view wherever I book. Most likely POFQ.

StarshipDisney

Same here. I am just waiting for a chance to place/confirm my 2018 reservation and start getting neat stuff in the mail. But the on-line reservation system will only let you book through Dec 2017.

I know this is seemingly how they do it every year, but it simply does not pass the "common sense" test that Disney claims to allow reservations over a year in advance but only if you call. Why is calling preferred over an on-line reservation? Guess they have some logical reason for this that eludes me.

DisneyJoe

I know this is seemingly how they do it every year, but it simply does not pass the "common sense" test that Disney claims to allow reservations over a year in advance but only if you call. Why is calling preferred over an on-line reservation? Guess they have some logical reason for this that eludes me.
They don't have the 2018 rates set yet, so they cannot program them into the online system.

If you call and make the reservation, there is the caveat that the rates could be adjusted once the rates have been officially released.

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
Someone I went to High School is a Disney travel agent so I will go through them but they want to wait until the new prices come out as well. It just makes things easier.

StarshipDisney

They don't have the 2018 rates set yet, so they cannot program them into the online system.

If you call and make the reservation, there is the caveat that the rates could be adjusted once the rates have been officially released.

Thank you. At least that much makes sense. I have not called in many years but if all they tell you is that you have an un-priced reservation for anytime in 2018...that is poor. I always thought locking in an early reservation protected you from price increases that may occur after the reservation was made. So you could lock in the 2017 prices until the 2018 prices come out. Guess the Disney system protects/prevents this from occurring for the first 6-months of every year.

MickeyMomV

Thank you. At least that much makes sense. I have not called in many years but if all they tell you is that you have an un-priced reservation for anytime in 2018...that is poor. I always thought locking in an early reservation protected you from price increases that may occur after the reservation was made. So you could lock in the 2017 prices until the 2018 prices come out. Guess the Disney system protects/prevents this from occurring for the first 6-months of every year.
You can make your reservation and lock in your room only price up to 500 days in advance by calling WDW. Your room rate will be locked in and they won't change it UNLESS you change the details of your reservation. If you look at adding any type of package, room discount or change your room type you will be adjusted to the current prices based on when you change your reservation. If you book your room then buy tickets or AP's without a package and pay OOP for dining your original room price is safe.
As an example I booked package a few years back in Jan or Feb for a Oct trip. A couple of moths later, after the spring price increase, I called to have a promo added to my reservation and my over all package price went up by about $50-$100! Basically I was adding a Room discount of 20% but the overall package was being updated to current prices and tickets, room, and dining plan all went up 5-10% since I originally made my reservation and it netted out to a overall package price increase. Needless to say I said never mind the discount and stayed with the original prices.

LeighM

Yes!! I'm very impatient for the 2018 rates to be released - and JetBlue flights :) We're going to WDW in March 2018 for a few days before our 3 night DCL cruise and I'm anxious to have all of the components in place. Although I'm not really excited to see how much it's all going to cost :arghh:

becca_

Yes!! I'm very impatient for the 2018 rates to be released - and JetBlue flights :) We're going to WDW in March 2018 for a few days before our 3 night DCL cruise and I'm anxious to have all of the components in place. Although I'm not really excited to see how much it's all going to cost :arghh:
Are you planning on staying at POR again (judging by your signature)? :D:p

LeighM

Are you planning on staying at POR again (judging by your signature)? :D:p

No LOL. We're looking at a value this time since we're only going to be there 4 days and will be at the parks for most of the trip. The relaxation portion will happen during the cruise :D

becca_

No LOL. We're looking at a value this time since we're only going to be there 4 days and will be at the parks for most of the trip. The relaxation portion will happen during the cruise :D
We did a Disney Cruise I think in like 2008(ish)? and it was so much fun!! Hope you have a great time and hopefully it'll be here before you know it!

StarshipDisney

You can make your reservation and lock in your room only price up to 500 days in advance by calling WDW. Your room rate will be locked in and they won't change it UNLESS you change the details of your reservation. If you look at adding any type of package, room discount or change your room type you will be adjusted to the current prices based on when you change your reservation. If you book your room then buy tickets or AP's without a package and pay OOP for dining your original room price is safe.
As an example I booked package a few years back in Jan or Feb for a Oct trip. A couple of moths later, after the spring price increase, I called to have a promo added to my reservation and my over all package price went up by about $50-$100! Basically I was adding a Room discount of 20% but the overall package was being updated to current prices and tickets, room, and dining plan all went up 5-10% since I originally made my reservation and it netted out to a overall package price increase. Needless to say I said never mind the discount and stayed with the original prices.

Thank you as well. I guess I understand the system now but still frown that Disney will not let you lock in a package price for March 2018 prior to June 2017. All of our past trips since 2000 were in September-December timeframe and I always made the full reservation over a year in advance. But that timing also explains why I never ran into this problem before since I always made the reservation after June. Thanks again.

DisneyJoe

Thank you as well. I guess I understand the system now but still frown that Disney will not let you lock in a package price for March 2018 prior to June 2017.
In many cases it is because they have not finalized pricing for 2018.

Years ago, when they had the contract with AAA, we had to wait until late July or early August to be able to book the next year because of that agreement.

The 499 days is fairly new, I believe it started in 2013 for 2014 packages.

It also wouldn't surprise me if some of it has to do with their computer systems.

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
So posted in another thread that June 9th no new reservations can be made. Some are speculating that 2018 pricing will be uploaded after that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom