Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

Travel Junkie

And not messing with that formula is also dangerous. Art born of too many rules or restrictions is bound to be mediocre.

Think of this as an experiment or test. Boundaries were pushed and as a result, I think they learned things both good and bad. Either way I think it will strengthen the parks in the long term far more than playing it safe and familiar.

you think totally ignoring theme in a theme park is a good idea?

October82

And not messing with that formula is also dangerous. Art born of too many rules or restrictions is bound to be mediocre.

Do you not see the fundamental inconsistency here? That we should further restrict artists in order to free them of rules?

Somehow, I suspect that if creatives are allowed to make decisions, rather than marketers, that we won't see mediocre art.

Travel Junkie

I made the mistake of wadding deep into twitter. I love you guys, even when we argue (incessantly), people wind up civil and happy at the end of the day... usually. A few twitter users are having a melt down because things didn't go their way and people like the attraction. Andy Castro is spinning and is equally enraged about Pandora. It's one thing that people are upset and have concerns, it's another to watch people who get joy out of failure...

Our scathing twitter user upgraded his comments to 'fine' and is disappointed the ride didn't make him puke.

It is really sad. Andy Castro makes some great points at times, but he has had some absolute meltdowns on twitter. Even in his rant about Avatar there are some good points mixed in, but it's hard to dig it out when more and more of it is complete nonsense.

It is even worse since he started delving into politics.

alias8703

Having Figment in there just rubs me the wrong way. Harold fine, I hate the self referencing crap but whatever. The park is across the street. But having a character from a classic attraction from the east coast seems like pandering to the Disney geeks. I don't know how to put it into words, maybe someone else can.

It bothers you that much that they put in an easter egg for fans that's barely even visible?
I mean... to each is own I guess but... maybe don't let it ruin your day?

britain

It bothers you that much that they put in an easter egg for fans that's barely even visible?
I mean... to each is own I guess but... maybe don't let it ruin your day?

I'm fine with stocking a shelf with anything from anywhere, but I'm more bugged by the lack of clarity about whether these are "living creatures" that aren't moving for some reason, or are these animatronics that the Collector has stolen from WDI?

Or worse, these were ONCE living creatures that are now stuffed and preserved! Poor Figment!

George Lucas on a Bench

It seems the inside is a ripoff of the Doctor Who (2005) season one episode "Dalek", in which The Doctor and Rose end up in Henry van Statten's facility containing artifacts from around the galaxy, such as a Cyberman head and a Dalek.

106_01571.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It seems the inside is a ripoff of the Doctor Who (2005) season one episode "Dalek", in which The Doctor and Rose end up in Henry van Statten's facility containing artifacts from around the galaxy, such as a Cyberman head and a Dalek.

View attachment 207211

You should know of even earlier Star Trek episodes of alien collectors, Kira [cf. The Most Toys, 1990].

It's a long literary tradition, whether of hunters who collect real things/animals, or supernatural/alien powerful beings who do the same.

So, sorry to take "ripoff" off the table in your attempt to find fault for who knows what reason.

When you make such blatant attempts to find fault based on stuff you're just making up, it's kinda hard to take anything else you say seriously.

sedati

Do you not see the fundamental inconsistency here? That we should further restrict artists in order to free them of rules?

Somehow, I suspect that if creatives are allowed to make decisions, rather than marketers, that we won't see mediocre art.

I think one of us is not understanding the other and I'm not honestly sure who. I was saying the imagineers should be able to mess with the Disney formula from time to time. That in pushing the boundaries, even if it doesn't quite work, will teach them new things going forward.

I would love creatives to make decisions, but I do not in any way imagine a company that can function with a bunch of artist's starting off with blank pages. Every step in a project, whether starting with an IP or "wholly original" will have it's borders and restrictions defined along the way. From budget, theme, accessibility, technology, time-frame, etc.

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
Any info on how long the lines are today?

Do you have the official Disneyland App? You can check Disneyland wait times for free from anywhere on the planet, and it's extremely helpful and informative when you are in the parks.

Right now, 1:30 pm in the middle of a gorgeously sunny and 75 degree Memorial Day Weekend, the Disneyland Resort is not very busy because there is a Triple AP Blockout in effect this weekend. Wait times for everything are one third (or less) as long as they were last weekend when the AP's were not blocked out and the cheap SoCal Spring ticket promotion was in effect.

But Mission: BREAKOUT! has the longest line by far at 1:30pm

Mission: BREAKOUT! - 120 minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 65 minutes
Hyperspace Mountain - 60 minutes
Soarin' Around the World & Splash Mt. - 45 minutes
Indiana Jones Adventure & Star Tours - 30 minutes
Pirates, Haunted Mansion & Thunder Mt. - 20 minutes
California Screamin' & Autopia - 15 minutes

Most other attractions are listed at 5 or 10 minutes in both parks. What is the most interesting is how Mission: BREAKOUT! has changed the Fastpass dynamic. Right now there are still Fastpasses available for Radiator Springs Racers for 8:15pm and it's already 1:35pm. Until Mission: BREAKOUT! opened, Fastpasses for Radiator Racers would have been gone by 10:00am. That's a monumental shift in Fastpass strategy for park goers on only the second day of operation! Fastpasses for Mission: BREAKOUT! are all gone for the day, obviously.

The real test is tomorrow, Monday 5/29, when the AP's become unblocked. It will be an absolute zoo at the Disneyland Resort. We'll check on wait times again tomorrow at this time and I can guarantee they will all be much higher.

Curious Constance

Do you have the official Disneyland App? You can check Disneyland wait times for free from anywhere on the planet, and it's extremely helpful and informative when you are in the parks.

Right now, 1:30 pm in the middle of a gorgeously sunny and 75 degree Memorial Day Weekend, the Disneyland Resort is not very busy because there is a Triple AP Blockout in effect this weekend. Wait times for everything are one third (or less) as long as they were last weekend when the AP's were not blocked out and the cheap SoCal Spring ticket promotion was in effect.

But Mission: BREAKOUT! has the longest line by far at 1:30pm

Mission: BREAKOUT! - 120 minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 65 minutes
Hyperspace Mountain - 60 minutes
Soarin' Around the World & Splash Mt. - 45 minutes
Indiana Jones Adventure & Star Tours - 30 minutes
Pirates, Haunted Mansion & Thunder Mt. - 20 minutes
California Screamin' & Autopia - 15 minutes

Most other attractions are listed at 5 or 10 minutes in both parks. What is the most interesting is how Mission: BREAKOUT! has changed the Fastpass dynamic. Right now there are still Fastpasses available for Radiator Springs Racers for 8:15pm and it's already 1:35pm. Until Mission: BREAKOUT! opened, Fastpasses for Radiator Racers would have been gone by 10:00am. That's a monumental shift in Fastpass strategy for park goers on only the second day of operation! Fastpasses for Mission: BREAKOUT! are all gone for the day, obviously.

The real test is tomorrow, Monday 5/29, when the AP's become unblocked. It will be an absolute zoo at the Disneyland Resort. We'll check on wait times again tomorrow at this time and I can guarantee they will all be much higher.

Why does California Screamin usually have such a short wait time despite having FastPass?

And also, on my trip the bottom AP tier is blocked every day we will be in the park, and the bottom two tiers are blocked for 4 of the 5 days. Our first day there, the bottom three tiers are blocked but we won't arrive until the evening and it's a gradnight, so I'm sure it'll be busy that day. But my question is, is having the bottom two tiers blocked for much of the time have a pretty good effect on attendance? I know bottom three is ideal, but the third tier doesn't have many days at all that are blocked!

TP2000

Original Poster
Why does California Screamin usually have such a short wait time despite having FastPass?

And also, on my trip the bottom AP tier is blocked every day we will be in the park, and the bottom two tiers are blocked for 4 of the 5 days. Our first day there, the bottom three tiers are blocked but we won't arrive until the evening and it's a gradnight, so I'm sure it'll be busy that day. But my question is, is having the bottom two tiers blocked for much of the time have a pretty good effect on attendance? I know bottom three is ideal, but the third tier doesn't have many days at all that are blocked!

California Screamin' is very high capacity, so it just sucks people in quickly. It also has a tall height requirement that prevents many kids from going, and the loop scares some older people away.

Blocking out the two bottom AP tiers is pretty good. I think you'll be fine, especially because you have a touring strategy and know how to use Fastpass for stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom