WHERE Can We Do This Again? PTN taking a trip...

SuddenStorm

But, but , but they can't keep saying "Come one, come all for the final MSEP goodbye run! Get here before it's gone!" And then not have it actually go. That's a rip off. If I had scrimped and saved to make it there to see it one more time, I'd be ****ed if they just decided to keep it around indefinitely.

Obviously, the MSEP parade still being around is completely ridiculous. It should have ended in '96. But since I doubt Disney would take the time to develop another night time parade for either DCA or Disneyland, I'd much rather have them keep it around to spread out the crowds just a little bit more than get rid of it.

I'm still waiting for Light Magic to make a comeback.

SuddenStorm

I don't want MSEP To die. I saw it last night and I still find it more enjoyable than PTN. When Disney comes out with a new night parade with a less annoying soundtrack I may be on board.

The PTN soundtrack grew on me over time. At first, I thought it was way to excessive- It's a mash up of baroque hoedown, When Can I See You Again, and whatever Disney song goes with the current float. But, I got used to it, and actually started to enjoy it.

Ismael Flores

How will this work with World of Color butting up to the parade route? The show uses the performance corridor for guest staging areas; running a parade through the middle of it would create a bottleneck unlike any Disney has had before, not to mention the issues with scheduling the two against each other in limited summer nighttime hours

Although I've never heard it cited, I suspect this is part of the reason why WDW's Fantamsic! didn't go into the Magic Kingdom, since SpectroMagic was still relatively new and ran alongside Rivers of America (along with a desire to end the operational issues Sorcery in the Sky created at MGM)

I also have to wonder how they'll fit the floats under the Red Car wires; several of them seem to be too tall. I always thought they were a shortsighted addition along the performance corridor, especially since they're purely aesthetic

I haven't seen them use the parade route for world of color staging anymore. I have noticed that most of the time they clear out the viewing area and set up the sections. At about an hour before showtime they just start allowing guests to enter their designated section. Meanwhile the parade route is kept clear.

I would think they would do the same thing if they run the parade at DCA. They came set up the northern side for parade viewing as well as walkway like they do now with plenty of room between the mermaid building and parade route. Guests walking on southern side would be directed towards Pier as has been before for parades.

The southern area closest to WOC viewing would be access to world of color viewing area only with no stopping. The parade route is long enough to disperse crowds without needing this small section.

I would think that they would want to start the parade from Paradise Pier gate. This would allow them to run the parade and as soon as the last float arrives the Carsland main entrance WOC can start. Guests that were standing in parade viewing areas can now stay and see WOC. Meanwhile the rest of the park guests are still enjoying PTN allowing guests to be disperse on both ends of the park with two nighttime offerings going. Of course knowing TDA they will start the parade from Hollywood not thinking that those guests might follow the parade west and creat gridlock by the Pier.

As for the floats supposedly they ha e all been measured and they can all be made to fit under the wires except for the frozen float. Two other floats would just have to have minor adjustments to seating for the characters.
I haven't heard if the frozen float can run on it's retracted position

Curious Constance

Obviously, the MSEP parade still being around is completely ridiculous. It should have ended in '96. But since I doubt Disney would take the time to develop another night time parade for either DCA or Disneyland, I'd much rather have them keep it around to spread out the crowds just a little bit more than get rid of it.

I'm still waiting for Light Magic to make a comeback.

I don't really have a strong feeling either way about MSEP and it's fate. I just can't get past how low it seems to market something as a last chance and then not follow through. TWICE.

mickEblu

The PTN soundtrack grew on me over time. At first, I thought it was way to excessive- It's a mash up of baroque hoedown, When Can I See You Again, and whatever Disney song goes with the current float. But, I got used to it, and actually started to enjoy it.

I'm a purist. (Dark chocolate over milk). Mashups don't really work for me. They tried doing that with the new Yeti growls too and I'm not a fan. Although the new AAs are great. I say if your going to do something new, commit to it, otherwise stick to the classic.

InsideDisney

Unless they add one more hour before the park closes it won't be possible to run paint the night in DCA this summer unless they will have paint the night and world of color running at the same time..

TP2000

I love you MSEP, but you just need to die already.

Couldn't agree more. There are many things about the 1970's that I remember fondly; The Love Boat, Jane Curtin on SNL, disco dancing, my Chrysler Cordoba with Corinthian leather, champagne brunch at The Velvet Turtle, trying to talk with Ricardo Montalban's accent while driving the Cordoba home from The Velvet Turtle, etc.

But really, all those things are dead for a reason. What was great in '77 isn't necessarily still great in '17. It's time for the MSEP to just die.

Until it does, I'll just leave this here for you kids...

Last edited:

Curious Constance

We keep going back and forth about crowd control and gridlock conditions and trying to avoid that, but essentially it comes to this, they either need to seriously take crowding into consideration and actually take action to alleviate it, or STOP letting so many people into the parks!!! Those Micechat pictures and waittimes from last weekend were an absolute nightmare. I keep coming g back to this, but geez I feel so bad for the out of towners who had THAT for a vacation.

The_Bellringer

We keep going back and forth about crowd control and gridlock conditions and trying to avoid that, but essentially it comes to this, they either need to seriously take crowding into consideration and actually take action to alleviate it, or STOP letting so many people into the parks!!! Those Micechat pictures and waittimes from last weekend were an absolute nightmare. I keep coming g back to this, but geez I feel so bad for the out of towners who had THAT for a vacation.
I agree completely! I love DL but I just find crowds like that to be unbearable. They need to do everything in their power to disperse crowds.

mickEblu

Yea it was pretty crowded yesterday. Not as bad as Saturday I hear but still bad in certain areas. Like complete gridlock when walking into FL and TL. 10 minute line to get a FP For Buzz. If it was first time or if I paid for the day and didn't know any better I would probably never go back.

SuddenStorm

At this point, it's common knowledge how busy the parks are- at least among Californians. Anyone that does a little research online before their trip will see that crowding is an issue as well.

But, people keep coming. We all complain about crowding, but none of us want to be the ones to stop going.

We complain about the crowding around Fantasmic and the parades, yet we continue to view these shows.

Yes, crowding sucks- but expecting Disney to artificially decrease capacity isn't fair to the thousands that would want in, despite the crowding.

mickEblu

At this point, it's common knowledge how busy the parks are- at least among Californians. Anyone that does a little research online before their trip will see that crowding is an issue as well.

But, people keep coming. We all complain about crowding, but none of us want to be the ones to stop going.

We complain about the crowding around Fantasmic and the parades, yet we continue to view these shows.

Yes, crowding sucks- but expecting Disney to artificially decrease capacity isn't fair to the thousands that would want in, despite the crowding.

I agree but "crowding" means different things to different people. I took my uncle and his fam to the parks on a great day in early March. It was probably a 6 out of 10 crowd wise. To him it was "crowded" because he was comparing it to what non crowded week days felt like in the 80s / 90s etc.

Curious Constance

Asking people to pay $125 to stand gridlocked and unable to move from the spot they are currently standing in isn't fair either or safe. Then having to wait at least an hour to ride things like tea cups or three hours for E tickets is ridiculous. People have spent thousands to get there, stay there, and eat there, and that's the experience you want to provide them with?

Stop selling so many APs, and get rid of the payment plans. The over abundance of APs is quite literally ruining the parks.

Eventually out of towners will stop coming and they'll be screwed.

SuddenStorm

Asking people to pay $125 to stand gridlocked and unable to move from the spot they are currently standing in isn't fair either or safe. Then having to wait at least an hour to ride things like tea cups or three hours for E tickets is ridiculous. People have spent thousands to get there, stay there, and eat there, and that's the experience you want to provide them with?

Stop selling so many APs, and get rid of the payment plans. The over abundance of APs is quite literally ruining the parks.

Society has decided that access to DL is worth $125.

If the crowds bothered me to the point where I no longer thought access was worth $125, I would stop going- which in turn would help with crowding.

If you don't think admission is worth what Disney is charging, it is within your right to stop going. I know that sounds harsh, but that's the simple truth. It's easy to complain about overcrowding until that means we might have to stop going.

We can all complain about crowds and prices, but we still go and we still pay them, so Disney's doing something right. Eventually, there will be a limit to what people will pay to attend Disneyland- in which case crowd levels will decline.

I mean, is Disney supposed to limit each person to a certain number of visits a year? Artificially decrease capacity? Discontinue AP's, one of the most profitable programs they have? None of this would make sense from a business perspective, since as a whole we're more than happy to keep attending the expensive, crowded park.

I hate crowds as much as the next person, but since I don't want to stop going, I'm not going to complain about them.

D

Deleted member 107043

We keep going back and forth about crowd control and gridlock conditions and trying to avoid that, but essentially it comes to this, they either need to seriously take crowding into consideration and actually take action to alleviate it, or STOP letting so many people into the parks!!!

I think we are FINALLY reaching a point where there might be growing consensus among fans that the elephant in the room - overcrowding due to APs - must be addressed. The photos and commentary I saw and read on MiceChat today were hair-raising to say the least and ought to be troubling to anyone in Disney management interested in guest experience and safety. I'd be beyond p*ssed if I somehow found myself at DLR this weekend after spending thousands of dollars to get there.

Last edited by a moderator:

mickEblu

They seem intent on having the parks as close as possible to max capacity all year long. Those 3 day So Cal passes were a huge hit and had a big impact on the "off season" this year.

With that said, I will keep on taking advantage of APs as long as Disney offers them. Sorry y'all. Until I'm tired of the parks and need a break that is. Like I said before I would be all for APs with capped visits but I also realize that I say that selfishly as it wouldn't really effect my visiting patterns.

Last edited:

TP2000

I think we are FINALLY reaching a point where there might be growing consensus among fans that the elephant in the room - overcrowding due to APs - must be addressed. The photos I saw on MiceChat today were hair-raising to say the least, and ought to be troubling to anyone in Disney management interested in guest experience and safety. I'd be beyond p*ssed if I somehow found myself at DLR this weekend after spending thousands of dollars to get there.

Agreed. And for those who haven't seen the Micechat photos we're all talking about, here they are... http://micechat.com/161795-disneyland-gridlocked/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom