Club 32 - Villains Land, Fantasyland Project

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I've been feeling somewhat inspired for the bald mountain ride, and have some ideas for the hydrocoaster. I can write up ideas for the ride (specific show scenes tying together the queue plus what was mentioned on page 18) if it hasn't been developed elsewhere. Just lemme know if it's still needed! @spacemt354 @orlando678-
By all means go ahead - Bald Mountain is on the completed map here if you want to see where it is within the Park
34657922175_46703e7304_b.jpg

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

rawisericho

Okay, sorry this took a while. Crazy at work. Here is my description for the Cruella de Ville racer, let me know what you all think.

Boulevard de Cruella

Queue:

The queue can be situated near the Bavarian village portion at the base of Bald Mountain. This can bring us to the back alleys of the English village and alleyways that comprise our line. Throughout the queue we we see illuminated eyes of the Dalmatians in the darkness. We also hear the voices of Horace and Jasper. We finally come to a load in, which is in a dank garage.

Ride Through:

We begin the ride in our moving van, we have two rows with three seats apiece. We are seated in the freight portion of the moving van. In the front seat is an animatronic driver we can barely see, behind us we have dressers, which as the van twists and turns, reveals Pongo and Perdy's pups! The windows of the van and large and make for easy viewing to the outside (think the windows in Skull Island trams). We begin our journey heading out of the garage and down through the back alleys of the English town. Eventually we curve out into the streets. Sight lines are such that we can't see Bald Mountain or anything outside the town as most of the buildings and hills are too high for us to see over. After heading through a show scene where we see Horace and Jasper starting up their car, we head down the rural highway, adding speed as we go. The interesting thing about the track is that there are two sides your van can go on. They're structurally similar (think Mr. Toad) with some minor differences. As we head out an animatronic Cruella bursts out from the bushes in her roadster, the ride speeds up as Cruella pursues us. The trackless nature of the ride keeps us guessing from where we're heading as Cruella moves from one side to the other. Eventually she goes off the side of the road and we think we're in the clear. Our van slows down and we head around a bend. As we turn through it the classic, disheveled Cruella bursts out and a high speed chase ensues. The speed won't be as fast as Test Track but the scenery will make it seem so. The climax is Cruella's roadster driving off a ravine. In our final scene we pass by Cruella and the remains of her car.

rawisericho

Also I had a thought on a shop. My first thought was a boutique styled like Cruella. Furs on the wall, high fashion items, very white and clean. My concern with that would be how can we theme it so the high fashion style doesn't clash with the rest of Shadowlands? Also, after Cruella is defeated should we end in her boutique or would ending up in Roger's flat be more appropriate?

Thoughts?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Also I had a thought on a shop. My first thought was a boutique styled like Cruella. Furs on the wall, high fashion items, very white and clean. My concern with that would be how can we theme it so the high fashion style doesn't clash with the rest of Shadowlands? Also, after Cruella is defeated should we end in her boutique or would ending up in Roger's flat be more appropriate?

Thoughts?
Sorry for the delayed response, but could the boutique shop be part of the queue? That would eliminate the fact that she's defeated at the end but you still walk through her shop. It would also set up her role as a villain prominently in the queue.

Princess Leia

Sorry for the delayed response, but could the boutique shop be part of the queue? That would eliminate the fact that she's defeated at the end but you still walk through her shop. It would also set up her role as a villain prominently in the queue.
I'm not sure how familiar you are with the set up for GotG: Mission Breakout, but it ends in the gift shop- er, the Collector's Collection being sold by employees. Something similar could be done with Cruella.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I'm not sure how familiar you are with the set up for GotG: Mission Breakout, but it ends in the gift shop- er, the Collector's Collection being sold by employees. Something similar could be done with Cruella.
Oh - actually that could work as well! And like the Collector, Cruella is still alive afterwards so it wouldn't be completely out of focus.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Quick question, I was looking at the map and noticed something that I had never seen before, what is the small garden labeled, "Ave Maria"?
There was some talk about adding more asethetic walk-through areas around the castle (similar to the Snow White wishing well in Disneyland)

So to go with the theme of Fantasia -- we added in an Ave Maria grotto area based on the sequence from the film -- here's an image of it drawn by @MonorailRed :)
avemariagrotto-png.205122

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
There was some talk about adding more asethetic walk-through areas around the castle (similar to the Snow White wishing well in Disneyland)

So to go with the theme of Fantasia -- we added in an Ave Maria grotto area based on the sequence from the film -- here's an image of it drawn by @MonorailRed :)
avemariagrotto-png.205122
Oooh cool! When I first saw Ave Maria my first thought was a Roman Catholic Rosary garden but then I immediately realized that it would be odd to put one in a Disney Park. Neat idea to enhance Fantasia Gardens though!

gonzoWDW

Bald Mountain Ride
16 of our doomed visitors load into a soul barge, a wooden ship meant to ferry it’s passengers to their final destination. The outside appears to be worn wood, notched, scratched, and aged; possibly made from the same oak as the barrels in the cellar of the Heroes’ Hall. These transports float in the eerie, almost glass-like water by the dock (loading area), which is made all the more unnerving by the sound of running water – and the occasional blood curdling scream – heard in the distance. The entirety of the lighting in this room is provided by the lanterns hanging upon the wall, and those on the back of each barge, emanating their dim, green, ethereal glow. The ghastly minions which helped guide the guests to their final seats now advise them of the following (after an appropriately frightening safety warning): “You’ll come to find the Cherning waters are the most tempting of all”.
64a98eb7454e9a72b0ee79bcbe3382ee.jpg
(Wooden soul barge - will seat 16. Lantern on back is a part of it Photo Cred: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/64/a9/8e/64a98eb7454e9a72b0ee79bcbe3382ee.jpg)​

With their restraints firmly in place, and their courage hanging by a thread, the anxious travelers grip their loved ones and the ride’s restraints with white knuckles, as they are set adrift. There is no turning back now, as the barge has already begun its steady march into the dark, cavernous abyss. The ferry is soon far too distant to benefit from the dim glow of the lanterns by the docks; guests are now solely reliant on what little light they can glean from the lantern along the back of their barge. Once their eyes have adjusted, they notice that their body of water is quickly narrowing, and the stalactites hanging from the ceiling appear to be closing in on the boat. That’s when the previously distant but growing sound of rushing water turns into the roar of a waterfall, as guests plummet into the depths below. Following rapid twists and turns through the cave, the now racing barge quickly begins to decelerate as it approaches a pristine, underground lake. This space has incredibly high ceilings, and must have a hole that leads to the surface, as moonlight is filtering in.
underground-lake-1.jpg

(Picture this, but more rock, fewer roots - Photo Cred: http://gameswalls.com/omega-stone/underground-lake/1024x768)
The light in the room allows guests to make out the barrels floating near them in this otherwise untouched natural wonder. Anxious visitors jump at the sound of a splash within the lake, but are reassured upon noticing it is nothing but a fish. As guests take in the incredible sight, hidden speakers within the barge quietly begin to hint at sounds of shifting rock; almost similar to the sounds one might imagine a statue coming to life would make. Unperturbed, guests on the barge begin to appreciate the beauty of their current surroundings, as they slowly drift underneath the skylight through which the moon is gracing their secret location. However, the second guests pass underneath the hole, the speakers begin to rumble! Our travelers snap out of their sense wonderment, and jerk their heads skyward, where something near the top of the mountain resembling a giant wing blocks out the very light from the moon. The light was only gone for but a few seconds; that being said, passengers feel their sense of foreboding instantly return.
74a86bd94b73c2b383a4936fb781b229.jpg

(Picture just the Chernabog's wing blocking out the moon- Photo Cred: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/74/a8/6b/74a86bd94b73c2b383a4936fb781b229.jpg)
The barges glide along to the end of the underground lake, and towards another dark (but short) river. This river leads the boats to one of six show rooms, which are actually water locks. From the six show rooms, using forced perspective, guests are given a different view of what appears to be a giant (but is actually medium sized) Chernobog animatronic calling them upwards with his mountainous claws. The locks – one showroom at a time – slowly carry the barge up, as the menacing villain tempts our riders to heed his call. Projected spirits race along the walls, hoping to be the first to fulfill their master’s beckoning. Green lights also emanate from the water which continuously lifts the barge towards its destination. Only two showrooms are able to see the Chernabog animatronic at a time, and he is only visible as they near the top of their lock.
4ae85eb4c099f82d25822368a408ce29.jpg

(Spirit racing towards Chernabog's call - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/441493569693558270)
Once the lock has fully filled, guests hear Elio Cyrus running towards Chernabog, and screaming that they must make their way to safety before it is too late. At this point, the barges have been locked into the roller coaster’s track. Without notice, Chernabog’s soon to be victims see Elio flash into view with a quick burst of bright light! The arm Chernabog was using to summon our visitors quickly falls to his side, and the barge begins its race down the inside of the mountain. Dodging spirits and stalactites requires full attention as our barges wind, race, and corkscrew their way through the inside of the mountain at breakneck speed.

The barge slows down, and begins to transport our guests towards an exit from the mountain. They can even see the river which leads to the bridge at the entrance of Heroes’ Hall, and they assume the ride must be coming to an end. This makes the next moment all the more surprising: right before reaching the mountains exterior, the track ends, and the barges (along with the section of track they are on) begin lifting towards the top of the mountain – similar to Cobra’s Curse. At this point, guests looking up see a giant Chernabog animatronic conducting an orchestra of souls, as ghastly spirits race to his call. As guests near the top, our fiendish villain summons them with both arms, demanding that his prize does not escape him once more; it’s at that very moment when guests see Elio Cyrus walk out to their left and, with all the power he can muster, shout out: “CHERNABOG, I DEMAND YOU RELEASE THEM!” A blinding light emanates from our protagonist, and his distraction has served its purpose as Chernabog has returned to stone, and our elevator has connected to its track.

images

(Chernabog demanding the rider's souls right before Elio saves them - Photo Cred: http://pre04.deviantart.net/27bc/th/pre/f/2009/164/5/d/night_on_bald_mountain_by_hammersonhoek.jpg)​

The guests are free from Chernabog’s ghoulish grasp, but their adventure only continues as their barge falls backwards through the track, racing inside and outside of Bald Mountain (all on the backside of the mountain, so as to not ruin the surprise) until they slow down and reach a dock along the river near the backside of the mountain. As our survivors disembark, they notice old signs alerting them that the townspeople planned to clear the caved in path; with their newly gained wisdom, our visitors can’t help but think it’s probably best that path remains blocked, and keeps the evil trapped within.

(Cobra's Curse lift for reference; picture the final scene taking place inside the mountain, with guests focused up and skyward at Chernabog)

Last edited:

gonzoWDW

Sorry for the delays, I had some really bad writers block on this one. Also, same as last time, I would greatly appreciate any feedback! I'm still really new at this, so please let me know :)

Also, should I combine this with the "Bald Mountain Queue" Post?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Sorry for the delays, I had some really bad writers block on this one. Also, same as last time, I would greatly appreciate any feedback! I'm still really new at this, so please let me know :)

Also, should I combine this with the "Bald Mountain Queue" Post?
It's really amazing -- I will have more time to read through it tomorrow, but the way you set it up and skimming through it is what most projects on here strive for. Great job! And sure go ahead and combine it!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hey @gonzoWDW I just wanted to give you some more feedback I was able to read through this all thoroughly now. Very impressive. I'm a big visual person, and while I could picture all the detailed descriptions in my head, if you can find some images that would represent your descriptions -- that I think would enhance it even more than it already is! Awesome work!

I'll add this to the cumulative thread:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom