MLB 2017 Season Discussion

Nemo14

Because #2 is no longer allowed? :confused:
upload_2017-5-14_17-53-28.jpeg

NYwdwfan

I love going to minor league games - it's more like what baseball used to be like to me (although Fenway still is my favorite)
We have the Long Island Ducks and every year there are school outings to sing the National Anthem. It's one of my favorite field trips with the kids.

Lucky

Worst relief pitching so far, by ERA:

Tiggers 5.60
Padres 5.41
Nats 5.33
Mets 5.26

MLB average is 4.06.

Injuns are best at 1.92.

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

Worst relief pitching so far, by ERA:

Tiggers 5.60
Padres 5.41
Nats 5.33
Mets 5.26

MLB average is 4.06.

Injuns are best at 1.92.
I wonder if they keep stats on the most relief innings pitched by team - the Mets starters are barely making it 6 so that's a lot of relief innings being pitched by those awful pitchers.

Lucky

Atlanta catches the injury bug, as Freddie Freeman is out 10 weeks with a broken wrist. :(
During the same game last night in which Freeman was injured, Kevin Pillar of the Blue Jays yelled a gay slur at Braves pitcher Jason Motte. Pillar apologized but has been suspended for two days without pay.

NYwdwfan

Meet the Rally Bird of the Cincinnati Reds. Maybe not as helpful as Anaheim's Rally Monkey of the 2002 WS in forming comeback wins...but at least he can help close the runs gap of a loss.
http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/bird-enters-reds-tv-boothdoesnt-leave-052117

Reds offensive stats for today prior to the bird visit: 1 run, 2 hits.
Reds offensive stats for today since the bird visit: 3 runs, 3 hits (2 HR, triple)
I'll be dumping bird seed all over Citi Field tomorrow.

Lucky

Someone in the Nationals' marketing department must have experience working for Disney...

Enjoy an all-inclusive brunch from the field while the Nationals take on the Mets in New York!

WHEN
Sunday, June 18
12–4 PM

WHAT
All-inclusive gourmet spread featuring Budweiser, "Sofie-Mosas", a Bloody Mary bar, and a variety of savory brunch essentials. Take in the beautiful views of Nationals Park from your table on the infield or warning track.

PRICING
All you care to eat and drink (fans ages 21+) – $75 per person
All you care to eat and drink (fans ages 7-20) – $35 per person
All you care to eat and drink (fans ages 6 & under) – $20 per person

OTHER INFORMATION
· Parking will be available in Lot C for $10 per car
· Center Field Gate will open at 12 PM

Must be 21+ to consume alcohol. Tickets are non-refundable. Event will take place rain or shine.

NYwdwfan

Someone in the Nationals' marketing department must have experience working for Disney...

Enjoy an all-inclusive brunch from the field while the Nationals take on the Mets in New York!

WHEN
Sunday, June 18
12–4 PM

WHAT
All-inclusive gourmet spread featuring Budweiser, "Sofie-Mosas", a Bloody Mary bar, and a variety of savory brunch essentials. Take in the beautiful views of Nationals Park from your table on the infield or warning track.

PRICING
All you care to eat and drink (fans ages 21+) – $75 per person
All you care to eat and drink (fans ages 7-20) – $35 per person
All you care to eat and drink (fans ages 6 & under) – $20 per person

OTHER INFORMATION
· Parking will be available in Lot C for $10 per car
· Center Field Gate will open at 12 PM

Must be 21+ to consume alcohol. Tickets are non-refundable. Event will take place rain or shine.
Are they going to show the game on the scoreboard? Can you even SEE the scoreboard from the warning track? That is so dumb.

Lucky

Are they going to show the game on the scoreboard? Can you even SEE the scoreboard from the warning track? That is so dumb.
I think so - they're not putting tables in places where you can't see the scoreboard. It says "event will take place rain or shine" which reinforces the impression of an embarrassing cash grab.

brunch_baseline_seating_hci3yefi_p1mkpm6q.jpg

NYwdwfan

I think so - they're not putting tables in places where you can't see the scoreboard. It says "event will take place rain or shine" which reinforces the impression of an embarrassing cash grab.

brunch_baseline_seating_hci3yefi_p1mkpm6q.jpg
Embarrassing is absolutely the word. I also noticed it's another $10 for parking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom