Sesame Street Land Coming to Orlando SeaWorld

HauntedMansionFLA

Original Poster
SeaWorld, Sesame Street plan Orlando 'land' and eye 2nd theme park

Big Bird and Elmo will soon have a permanent theme-park home in Orlando. The 'land' will open by fall 2022.

70x70

Sandra PediciniContact ReporterOrlando Sentinel
Download the Visit Orlando App: Your source for discount theme park tickets
73928;2424386;201;redirect;OrlandoSentinelUS;OrlandoSentinelNationalTextInclusionAppAV1x1

SeaWorld visitors could be strolling through a realistic version of Sesame Street in a few years.

SeaWorld Entertainment on Thursday announced a new Sesame Street land will open at its Orlando theme park by fall 2022. Also, plans are in the works for a second Sesame Place theme park, in a yet-undecided location in the United States.

The new land at Orlando’s SeaWorld will be an overhaul of the Shamu’s Happy Harbor play area, which has children’s rides and a net climb. Though SeaWorld hasn’t designed the project yet, executives plan an attraction that’s more immersive than the Sesame Street Bay of Play kiddie areas in its San Diego and San Antonio theme parks or its Safari of Fun at Busch Gardens Tampa.

“Sesame Street as it exists today only exists on television,” SeaWorld Entertainment CEO Joel Manby said. “We’d like to build the actual Sesame Street that kids can be on and walk down. We will have hopefully a Sesame parade, rides, show where they can see and meet the Sesame characters.”

Niles said.

But a Sesame Street area that feels like walking into the TV show is “exactly what they need,” Niles said. “That could be a real, real advantage for them, if they could pull it off.”

spedicini@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5240; Twitter @SandraPedicini

matt78

I think this is a very good idea for SeaWorld. I think that this will be a good draw for families with younger kids. I wonder if this will have any effect on Legoland's attendance though? As for the new park where does everyone think it will go? I'm thinking they will build somewhere in southern California.

Bairstow

You think it's boring? And you think a land based on Sesame Street will make it interesting? How old are you lol. Anyway, I can't get past that you think it's boring. If it's not your thing then that's cool but there's SO much to do! If you like seeing animals and/or riding rides then this is the place.

Thematically, Sea World is kind of boring.
I would describe the architecture and general atmosphere of the place to be very pleasant, but not exactly exciting.
That's what they pay Boliger and Mabillard for.

And no, I don't see adding a Sesame Street kid's area as being the addition that changes that.
Has anyone been up to the Sesame Place park in Pennsylvania? I had a really good time there as a kid, even though I had long since stopped watching the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom