A Spirited Valentine ...

UpAllNight

Whilst we are on with random thoughts I'll carry on my ongoing Florida ones from my current vacation;

- Animal Kingdom is very pretty & very well themed, but it is still a hot mess in terms of ride capacity. Have yet to see it with Pandora fully open. It'll help, but it's painfully close to being the very best so I hope for a few further new rides in the next few years to round it off.

- Really enjoyed Rivers of Light, but I don't agree with posted reviews about the lack of a finale. If anything the middle part lost me, but the start and end were great. I think the slight wind might have affected things? Middle projections seemed off, is that the norm?

-The cast members at Disney in general are leagues above those at Universal and especially the Seaworld group of parks.

- As is the food choice & quality

-I think with how busy the parks I've visited have been, there must surely be more urgency in improving the guest experience through capacity increases.

Cesar R M

Whilst we are on with random thoughts I'll carry on my ongoing Florida ones from my current vacation;

- Animal Kingdom is very pretty & very well themed, but it is still a hot mess in terms of ride capacity. Have yet to see it with Pandora fully open. It'll help, but it's painfully close to being the very best so I hope for a few further new rides in the next few years to round it off.

- Really enjoyed Rivers of Light, but I don't agree with posted reviews about the lack of a finale. If anything the middle part lost me, but the start and end were great. I think the slight wind might have affected things? Middle projections seemed off, is that the norm?

-The cast members at Disney in general are leagues above those at Universal and especially the Seaworld group of parks.

- As is the food choice & quality

-I think with how busy the parks I've visited have been, there must surely be more urgency in improving the guest experience through capacity increases.
I agree with disney cms being leagues above uni's

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Random thought #2 - are there any South Park fans in here because SoDoSoPa and CtPaTown basically = Disney Springs.

Interesting that you should bring those up because while im not a south parl fan i think SoDoSoPa, and CtPa Town (and its child labor) are perfect examples of the real estate developers mindset these days

Casper Gutman

I agree with disney cms being leagues above uni's

I have had very different experiences. Over the last three or four years, I've consistently found the Uni cms to be more knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive then their WDW counterparts. It's been quite a noticeable shift.

To some extent its not the cms fault at WDW. The parks, and MK in particular, are so overcrowded and understaffed that the cms are harried and unable to provide the level of service Disney should offer.

Still, the quality of service at Uni is one of the reasons I spend more and more time there and less at WDW - they seem to offer a level of service closer to what WDW offered about 20 years ago.

And again, this is strictly opinion, of course.

Casper Gutman

I think the CMs at Disney and TMs at Uni are fairly equal ... Each has some that aren't super happy, each has some that do a great job ... I wouldn't say one or the other is "better" overall

I think this is fair - as I said, I think a lot of the difference I noted can be attributed to differences in the circumstances of the two resorts.

Kman101

I think this is fair - as I said, I think a lot of the difference I noted can be attributed to differences in the circumstances of the two resorts.

Yeah. There are times I've noticed miserable less than friendly castmembers at Disney, but lately I think they've perked up (be it forced or not but I notice it's improved) a bit. Universal teammembers seem a bit happier overall but I don't know that they necessarily go out of their way. I find them all to be fairly equal depending on heat, crowds, and days of the week, LOL

Casper Gutman

Yeah. There are times I've noticed miserable less than friendly castmembers at Disney, but lately I think they've perked up (be it forced or not but I notice it's improved) a bit. Universal teammembers seem a bit happier overall but I don't know that they necessarily go out of their way. I find them all to be fairly equal depending on heat, crowds, and days of the week, LOL

As I said in another thread, the biggest difference I noted was when travelling with a friend in a wheelchair - Uni cms were far more accommodating and familiar with load procedures. They seemed universally (no pun intended) ready and willing to help.

It is also my understanding (and this is hearsay, so anyone who knows more can correct me if I am nuts) that cms feel they are treated more generously by Uni than by Disney.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Anybody else having issues with MDE? I tried many times yesterday to make a few ADR's and grew tired of seeing Stitch every time the page attempted to load.

Dansr731

"Anybody else having issues with MDE? I tried many times yesterday to make a few ADR's and grew tired of seeingStitch every time the page attempted to load."

I was getting the same thing.

Kman101

Anybody else having issues with MDE? I tried many times yesterday to make a few ADR's and grew tired of seeing Stitch every time the page attempted to load.

I didn't attempt to use it yesterday but I notice when I'm actually in the World it goes SUPER slow. But when I'm not it works great ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I have had very different experiences. Over the last three or four years, I've consistently found the Uni cms to be more knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive then their WDW counterparts. It's been quite a noticeable shift.

To some extent its not the cms fault at WDW. The parks, and MK in particular, are so overcrowded and understaffed that the cms are harried and unable to provide the level of service Disney should offer.

Still, the quality of service at Uni is one of the reasons I spend more and more time there and less at WDW - they seem to offer a level of service closer to what WDW offered about 20 years ago.

And again, this is strictly opinion, of course.

Same here, The problem is even with increased attendance WDW keeps cutting back on CM's to the point where there are not enough CMs to do even the routine work.

Quinnmac000

Yet they just hired over 1,000 NEW CMs at WDW. :confused: Please stop with the nonsense.

In his defense, no one knows the exact distribution of said 1,000 new CMs. Did they go to Hotel and Resorts, Disney Springs, where? All members hired are CMs so it could very much fit in what he is saying regarding the park ops. How many part time? How many actual full time?

The_Jobu

Same here, The problem is even with increased attendance WDW keeps cutting back on CM's to the point where there are not enough CMs to do even the routine work.

I can deal with the price increases, the IP changes, the paid extras, but my big gripe is the continued use of predictive staffing that makes even slow days more crowded than they need to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom