Be Our Guest Restaurant Proposal

NeedSomeHelp

Original Poster
Hello,

I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend on our trip to Disney World. She is a huge Beauty and the Beast fan so I made sure we got reservations to the Be Our Guest restaurant for dinner and was planning on proposing. I am at a bit of an impasse because I was planning on proposing during the dinner at some point but it seems to be pretty loud in there from the videos that I've seen. Can anyone confirm that it does get pretty loud in there or is it just the videos that I have seen may have been near loud people? I am on the fence if it makes sense to propose before or after entering the restaurant as I've read that the bridge on the way in may be a better place to do this. Thank you for any and all advice on this.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
When you check in request a table in the Rose Gallery. This is the quietest of the three rooms (Ballroom is LOUD and the West Wing is dark and stormy). The Rose Gallery has a beautiful giant music box of Belle and the Beast and lots of BatB artwork on the walls.

Once you are seated you will be able to assess for yourself if it is a good location to pop the question. If you decide it is not, I have another suggestion.

Before you exit the main door of BOG (there is only one way out) there is a large tile mural of Belle and the Prince. Most guests stop here to pose for a picture in front of it. You could ask someone to take a picture of you and your girlfriend together. Then you could drop to your knee as you both stand in front of the mural and the moment can be captured in a picture.

belledream

I would also think twice about proposing on the bridge before entering the restaurant because, well, it's not that seamless. Usually there's a crowd outside BOG trying to check in for their dining reservation and once you're "admitted" they direct you down the bridge where it might be backed up with other guests.

I think the ballroom is the most classic place for a BatB lover to be proposed to, but it's not like a concert or anything. If you want to eat there, maybe make your best judgment on whether or not to do it. Or come back later to the castle at night when there's less people milling about.

Good luck and congratulations!!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Be sure to inform the cast/photo pass members ahead of time (if you want that is). Both will (typically) go out of the way to help you with set-up and to capture the moment if that's something you would like.

PrincessL

When you check in request a table in the Rose Gallery. This is the quietest of the three rooms (Ballroom is LOUD and the West Wing is dark and stormy). The Rose Gallery has a beautiful giant music box of Belle and the Beast and lots of BatB artwork on the walls.

Once you are seated you will be able to assess for yourself if it is a good location to pop the question. If you decide it is not, I have another suggestion.

Before you exit the main door of BOG (there is only one way out) there is a large tile mural of Belle and the Prince. Most guests stop here to pose for a picture in front of it. You could ask someone to take a picture of you and your girlfriend together. Then you could drop to your knee as you both stand in front of the mural and the moment can be captured in a picture.

I have to agree with @Tuvalu on her second suggestion. It would be a beautiful backdrop for a proposal and would be great for pics/video if that what you choose. The lighting in the restaurant is tough to get good pics and capture the moment.

To address you question on the noise were you looking at a video of lunch or dinner? Since, lunch is QS and much quicker turnover it is going to be more noisy than dinner. Make sure you look at a video of dinner because I think you would find there is a difference.

Congrats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom