Trip Report It's Two, Two, TWO Trips in One! *COMPLETED*

Title reference for those of you younger than dirt ~

Got it? Good!

This trip report is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a picture of me and my significant other.

IMG_7324.JPG

I invite you, if you dare, to follow along on a lengthy adventure that includes three resorts, lots of flowers, exotic food and a Fruber (a what?) Because this report travels directly to.........the Tuvalu Zone.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I love him! all the citizens of Hollywood are great but officer Peabody is my favourite
He is so funny!

Fast forward to the street parade and they remembered us. Either from the show or because of our pink and green bucket hats. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think we need to see a picture of you two in those hats!

Dinosaur ride photo is awesome!

Great shot of the lions! I've never seen a Rino run but I'll take your word on it. :D

Empty water glasses at a diner is bad, at a fine restaurant it's inexcusable. I would have chopped down the tip for that.

Agree on the street performers!

I miss the Poly.

Great report as always.
Thanks for your comments, @fractal :geek:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Evening appetizers are served in the lounge from 5-7 pm. We learned last year not to arrive promptly at 5 unless we wanted to stand in line. It was as if Farmer Ma rang the dinner bell at 5 o'clock and all the hungry farmhands raced to the kitchen to get their food....no thanks!

Woody and I went down closer to 5:30 and were surprised to see nobody in the buffet area and only a couple tables occupied. Sweet!

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG_6600.JPG

IMG_6599.JPG

There it is on the far left.....Ku U Lei.....my favorite libation at the Poly! :hungry:

We sat at a table next to the window overlooking the beach and Seven Seas Lagoon. I kept my focus forward and pretended the bungalows weren't there.
IMG_6602.JPG

Round two
IMG_6603.JPG

Turkey BLT on Hawaiian roll, cucumber roll and meatball in peanut sauce

Everything was so good. And the lounge remained oddly quiet, even as it got closer to 7 pm.
We couldn't let all those appetizers go to waste now could we?
Shamefully, Woody and I became "those people" ~ the ones who make a meal from the appetizer offerings. But we only took what we could eat (unlike others who pile it on their plates and leave it uneaten). T'was a delightful dinner! :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We took a nice stroll around the Poly grounds before settling into lounge chairs at the Oasis pool to enjoy the evening breeze. Pure paradise!

IMG_6604.JPG

When darkness began to fall we walked over to the Lava pool to watch the sunset.

IMG_6606.JPG

Then it was time for dessert.

IMG_6608.JPG

IMG_6611.JPG

IMG_6612.JPG

Yum Yum Yum to everything on the plate!!

The lounge remained empty. Perhaps occupancy in Hawaii was down? No complaints from us!
IMG_6613.JPG

Woody and I sat at the same table by the window and had a perfect view of the Electrical Water Pageant at 8:50 (it starts 10 minutes earlier now) and then Wishes at 9. The music for both is piped into the lounge.

We loved our no-plans laid-back evening. And early to bed meant we'd be well rested for our next full Disney day!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Tuvalu , I'm late to the Tuvalu Zone party here--but I have a valid excuse: I just got back home last night from 5 days in WDW!! :happy: :D

So I'm now caught up with your newest TR. I don't do TRs--I figure you do enough of them for the entire forum. I don't want to cut in on the action here! ;)

@MinnieM123 did you notice this?
img_6496-jpg.205467

Yes, I did notice the clock, as well as the one over in the Poly. I'm also happy to report here, that I had a glorious clock in my room at the Swan this week, too!! :D (What time is it? It's Mickey time!!) :hilarious:

img_6568-jpg.205985

Apology for the "lick before the pic" ~ it was hot and the ice cream was melting fast!

Speaking of ice cream places, have you tried the raspberry sorbet in the ice cream shop on Main Street USA? It is DIVINE!!! :hungry: :hungry: I also love their mint chocolate chip ice cream too.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
@Tuvalu , I'm late to the Tuvalu Zone party here--but I have a valid excuse: I just got back home last night from 5 days in WDW!! :happy: :D
So I'm now caught up with your newest TR. I don't do TRs--I figure you do enough of them for the entire forum. I don't want to cut in on the action here! ;)
Yes, I did notice the clock, as well as the one over in the Poly. I'm also happy to report here, that I had a glorious clock in my room at the Swan this week, too!! :D (What time is it? It's Mickey time!!) :hilarious:
Speaking of ice cream places, have you tried the raspberry sorbet in the ice cream shop on Main Street USA? It is DIVINE!!! :hungry: :hungry: I also love their mint chocolate chip ice cream too.
I just KNEW you were at WDW! (I can sense these things :p) Although have to confess my disappointment with your no-trip-report-policy. ;) Perhaps you can share tidbits through your comments in other people's TRs? (Like your clock, for example. And your love of the Plaza's raspberry sorbet...which I have not tried....yet.)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

RiceCrispyMickey

Just caught up on the last 4 days of posts! Love that you stayed at all star music, thats where we are staying on our next trip (sadly not until next Oct) and I've been scouring the internet looking for pictures so was great to see some on this trip report! Also those club level offerings at the Poly look amazing - I'd definitely be making a dinner out of those appetisers!! Yum!

bee

@Tuvalu its so hard to keep up with all your reports - maybe you should start one and just keep it going all year - or maybe a quick report of what you do when you're not there would mean it would be easier to follow along. :) Ice cream looks good and now need to check out sorbet as suggested by @MinnieM123
Noooo, we need details for those of us who can't go month after month! (I'm one to talk, I know.) :p

Tony the Tigger

@Tuvalu its so hard to keep up with all your reports - maybe you should start one and just keep it going all year - or maybe a quick report of what you do when you're not there would mean it would be easier to follow along. :) Ice cream looks good and now need to check out sorbet as suggested by @MinnieM123

It doesn't work. I have one going like that with several trips one after the other, and people don't generally like it. I have to go back and put in a table of contents in the beginning LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom