Serial Stroller Thief Caught!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I just thought of something that would prevent Disney from ever needing to cut a lock off the stroller in the first place. Put the stroller in the area it belongs. And line it up. Don't just shove it up against the other strollers and run. :D
Not true, they are always rearranging the stroller areas. Especially in baby/toddler ride friendly areas of the parks. As people pick up their strollers the CMs will move strollers from the outside edge of the parking area into the center to fill in the gaps. I'm so thankful we stopped using strollers 100% once my kids turned 5.

21stamps

If they want a $1800 stroller they should be prepared to be judged for being dumb enough to bring it to a theme park. Who are they showing off for? Not to mention the long miles that are going to be put on the stroller walking all over the park. My children both had Graco strollers as children and they turned out just fine. ;)
Wait, we should judge people based on what kind of stroller they have? Awesome.

I would never buy an $1800 stroller..Maclaren and BOB were as high end as I would go lol. I can still think that a stroller shouldn't be stolen regardless of the price. When I see someone with a Bugaboo stroller I don't look at them any differently than someone with a Maclaren or a BOB, or a Graco or a Chico. It's a darn stroller. People pick the one that works best for them, not to show off. Maybe they just like it. I think Bugaboos look awesome, too expensive for my life, but I wouldn't have turned one down if given to me..lol

21stamps

I would think someone who has an 1800 dollar stroller as well as her husband can just afford to jump on a plane on a same day flight to bring her money would be pretty well off, not that that is any excuse for someone stealing

Or maybe it was a gift? Either way it's irrelevant.. but, I received my jogging stroller as a gift at one of my showers. I registered for it, and 3 people went in together to get me the stroller and car seat attachment.

Side note- sorry for the multiple posts all, don't know how to guide from multi pages on my phone. Lol

G00fyDad

Not true, they are always rearranging the stroller areas. Especially in baby/toddler ride friendly areas of the parks. As people pick up their strollers the CMs will move strollers from the outside edge of the parking area into the center to fill in the gaps. I'm so thankful we stopped using strollers 100% once my kids turned 5.

I hadn't thought about that. :)

rael ramone

I just thought of something that would prevent Disney from ever needing to cut a lock off the stroller in the first place. Put the stroller in the area it belongs. And line it up. Don't just shove it up against the other strollers and run. :D

Btw, these work great. :) https://www.amazon.com/Buggyguard-Retractable-Stroller-Lock-Monkey/dp/B002QBDMDI?th=1

ok, what I originally wrote was kinda harsh, let's phrase it another way:

A way to alleviate overcrowding of strollers is to have less strollers. Some have a genuine need (age and/or a disability). Older young ones should be weaned off of them and onto walking, both for their own health, as well as saving space in the pathways for both pedestrian foot traffic as well as those who need wheeled vehicles for transport...

Last edited:

G00fyDad

ok, what I originally wrote was kinda harsh, let's phrase it another way:

A way to alleviate overcrowding of strollers is to have less strollers. Some have a genuine need (age and/or a disability). Older young ones should be weaned off of them and onto walking, both for their own health, as well as saving space in the pathways for both pedestrian foot traffic as well as those who need wheeled vehicles for transport...

I didn't read your response as harsh. :) The written word is sometimes hard to tell purpose and emotion. Several people here still think I am a very angry bitter man. LOL

rael ramone

I didn't read your response as harsh. :) The written word is sometimes hard to tell purpose and emotion. Several people here still think I am a very angry bitter man. LOL

I was talking about the post I wrote, then regretted immediately after posting and then changed.... The original wording had too much bite.

Excessive 'wheeled vehicles' has detracted from the experience of the parks. It's also true that for those who truly need them it gives them inclusion into the fun that others are having. Specifically for strollers, less strollers means less stroller parking, which both allows for both a higher likelihood of a stroller staying parked in it's original location, as well as more space for both travel and landscaping.

janoimagine

It must be a toss up then because our first Graco (Around $175 with interchangeability, expand-ability, the swivel / recline feature and the ability to snap out the seat and snap right into the car) lasted through my daughter then my niece and then her little sister. Our second Graco lasted through our son (Our kids are 8 years apart) and then through my friend's daughter. Maybe it is because of this that I just cannot justify spending that much on a stroller.
The swivel and recall actions aren't even close to being comparable ... they are night and day ... Orbits seat rotates a full 360 and goes from full upright to full recline. Also, note that Grayco has had some of the largest product and safety recalls ... to the tune of something like 3.7 million products.

However, I agree with you to each their own, not everyone can justify the expense, but to us ours was worth every penny and we found it very versatile and I would buy another one in a heartbeat if we had a third child.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That is not the official policy. If you or the cast member were told that then it was incorrect information. WDW security will tell you can lock the wheels together but can not lock your stroller to anything else. They will not cut your personal property if it is not locked to theirs. I spoke with security about this just last week.

What are you gonna do when they cut your lock anyway...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I was talking about the post I wrote, then regretted immediately after posting and then changed.... The original wording had too much bite.

Excessive 'wheeled vehicles' has detracted from the experience of the parks. It's also true that for those who truly need them it gives them inclusion into the fun that others are having. Specifically for strollers, less strollers means less stroller parking, which both allows for both a higher likelihood of a stroller staying parked in it's original location, as well as more space for both travel and landscaping.

Like you mean NFL aka worlds largest stroller parking lot...

21stamps

The swivel and recall actions aren't even close to being comparable ... they are night and day ... Orbits seat rotates a full 360 and goes from full upright to full recline. Also, note that Grayco has had some of the largest product and safety recalls ... to the tune of something like 3.7 million products.

However, I agree with you to each their own, not everyone can justify the expense, but to us ours was worth every penny and we found it very versatile and I would buy another one in a heartbeat if we had a third child.

I just watched the video. That's really neat! Just gave me a flashback moment. I don't miss the days of researching strollers, baby wearing gear, and car seats.. I was out of control, probably watched over 100 videos and read thousands of reviews.lol

It's amazing that parents judge what other parents are using. All of us have different needs and concerns. Baby gear is a big purchase, people choose what they want.

CTC

I rarely post, but as many of you know, Disney does an incredible job with special needs kids. My son has CP and is able to walk short distances. He uses a Convaid EZ-Rider (sticker price = $3400) and while most times we can wheel right up to the rides, sometimes we can not. For example, using the people mover requires us to leave the wheel chair in front of the Carousel of Progress. Now, there are usually attendants there, but I feel a lot better locking the wheels to the frames. If something like that was stolen, it would not be easily replaced during our trip and would make transport of my son near impossible.

Ignohippo

"Disney and other theme parks must begin looking at how they secure and monitor areas where strollers are left unattended."

So what's the solution? Stroller lockers? Stroller security?

Maybe it's not the best idea to leave your wallet or car keys in the stroller.

If it really becomes a problem, they could always have a stroller line when you walk in where a card is attached to the stroller with a unique number and then the other part of the card (with the same number) is given to the guest. Then both are checked as you leave.

It could actually be just part of the security process. Wouldn't really take up that much more time (except on exiting).

Cesar R M

Agreed. Candidly, I don't think Disney or any other place of public accommodation has the responsibility to guard valuables that guests leave unattended. Disney provides vast amounts of dedicated "parking" for strollers as a courtesy, but policing those areas for theft would require an unreasonable amount of manpower, and Disney has no legal obligation to safeguard guests against the consequences of leaving their personal possessions strewn around Disney property. If things got bad enough, I could see Disney offering a "stroller check" whereby guests can check a stroller, get a claim ticket, and come back for it later (at a price, of course), but I don't believe the issue of stroller theft will ever become that big. Most people are smart enough not to bring expensive strollers, loaded with irreplaceable things, and leave them sitting around.
Agree, unless disney thinks this could be another money maker by building stroller garages on areas of the park, and paying a fee to sage them there securely like they were in personal lockers.

natatomic

No I have a cousin who is a cast member, they can and will have security cut them off with bolt cutters. They have enough to do without picking up strollers.
I am a CM and I can tell you that's not accurate. In 7.5 years with the company, I have only ever seen/called for strollers to be cut that were locked TO something. Strollers with locks attached only to the wheels usually have only one set locked, and can easily enough be rolled to a different spot by tilting it. Worse case, if both sets of wheels are all locked together, it just gets dragged. They're really not that heavy that they can't be dragged to a different spot 15 feet away.

ninjaprincesst

I am a CM and I can tell you that's not accurate. In 7.5 years with the company, I have only ever seen/called for strollers to be cut that were locked TO something. Strollers with locks attached only to the wheels usually have only one set locked, and can easily enough be rolled to a different spot by tilting it. Worse case, if both sets of wheels are all locked together, it just gets dragged. They're really not that heavy that they can't be dragged to a different spot 15 feet away.
I assure you he is not lying maybe you wish to drag them , they don't and after his co worker who is tiny, tried to pick one up and carry itand dropped it and sent somones personal belongings all over the place which a crowd of people going to star tours promptly walked on and kicked around, they wen to their boss who gave them permission to start calling security and having them cut as it is becoming a problem.

21stamps

I assure you he is not lying maybe you wish to drag them , they don't and after his co worker who is tiny, tried to pick one up and carry itand dropped it and sent somones personal belongings all over the place which a crowd of people going to star tours promptly walked on and kicked around, they wen to their boss who gave them permission to start calling security and having them cut as it is becoming a problem.

Are we talking jogging stroller or normal ones? Most strollers aren't heavy.

I had 3 strollers, just did a quick check on their weight (this was a major factor for me when choosing strollers)

Maclaren Quest- 12.3lbs
Maclaren Triumph (My "umbrella" stroller)- 10.8lbs
BOB Revolution Pro- 33lbs

I can't imagine that the majority of Disney visitors are using a BOB. Granted, double strollers are heavier, but still should be extremely manageable.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom