Operating hours at Disney's Animal Kingdom extended for Pandora's opening

Figments Friend

This is great...and expected with all the night time offerings and World of Pandora opening.

DAK truly is beautiful at night time.
I've been able to experience it a few times several years ago when they were still doing EMH.
Quiet, not crowded at all, beautiful lighting, and just a peaceful ambiance.
You felt like you practically had the Park to yourself and lines were non-exsistant.
It always seemed a shame to close the place just as the nighttime lighting was coming on ....so much to miss visually!

Of course...I realize that today things will be a very different scene now, but I have to say I am pleased that Guests will be able to see this particular Park at night time again.

-

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Looks like all of the added ROL show times are always 11:45 (in addition to the first showings at 9:15 and a second showing at 10:30 also starting May 27th and continuing through the summer) so three showings of ROL the 27th through the 29th and two showings from that point on.

jaklgreen

What happens after the 4th? They have extra magic hours scheduled for after those days. Are all of the rides going to be open. I think it is going to be a cluster with just having Pandora stuff open.

Goofyque'

Beyond excited! All 8 of us (3 generations) have our 27th and 28th planned for AK. Na'vi shirts made, wil post as many pics as I can!

Oel ngati kame!!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What happens after the 4th? They have extra magic hours scheduled for after those days. Are all of the rides going to be open. I think it is going to be a cluster with just having Pandora stuff open.
Evening EMH at DAK runs through to July 4, then returns to mornings only.

Bolt

I think they want to see how popular it is before they commit more weeks.

nickys

Premium Member
Not according the the WDW website. They have evening extra magic hours all week.

This is only UNTIL 4th July. At the moment from 5th July onwards it shows emh on Saturdays and Mondays and 10pm close each night. No evening emh posted after 5th July. I think they will do but it may take until mid June before they make a decision.

AndrewsJ

Whew Pandora is going to be packed whether or not the other attractions are opened. I just don't think many will be interested in the other attractions until they've had their fill of Pandora. I think I would take advantage of the crowds in Pandora and riding Everest over and over lol. I never get tired of it but the masses will be their for Pandora.

Last edited:

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Does anyone know if there is going to be an opening ceremony for Pandora on the 27th?

I was at the opening for New Fantasyland in 2012, and that was kind of a big deal. There was a stage in front of the caste where Tom Staggs spoke, and there were celebrities like Ginnifer Goodwin and Jordin Sparks singing with characters. I remember seeing Ron Clements and John Musker. I wonder if something similar is planned for Pandora, perhaps with James Cameron and Jon Landau?

jaklgreen

This is only UNTIL 4th July. At the moment from 5th July onwards it shows emh on Saturdays and Mondays and 10pm close each night. No evening emh posted after 5th July. I think they will do but it may take until mid June before they make a decision.

Oh duh! For some reason I was thinking June. Disregard.

nickys

Premium Member
Does anyone know if there is going to be an opening ceremony for Pandora on the 27th?

I was at the opening for New Fantasyland in 2012, and that was kind of a big deal. There was a stage in front of the caste where Tom Staggs spoke, and there were celebrities like Ginnifer Goodwin and Jordin Sparks singing with characters. I remember seeing Ron Clements and John Musker. I wonder if something similar is planned for Pandora, perhaps with James Cameron and Jon Landau?

No idea, but good luck trying to get close enough to see anything if there is! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom