Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

lazyboy97o

A good place to start would be to let the creative people that they hired (imagineers) do their job and leave the marketing guys in the marketing department.
What makes this all the more infuriating is that so many people praise Disney for insisting on just this approach when it comes to their movies. The results have also been positive. How many filmmakers do you think aren't fans of movies?

Last edited:

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I'd have to disagree. If they only listened to y'all, most of it would become a museum, since very few of you like any changes at all - good or bad it seems. So no, they shouldn't listen only to the die hard fans.
Nice hyperbole, but nowhere did I say they should only listen to diehard fans. Obviously that would be dumb.

Also, I think you grossly underestimate what the die-hard fans actually want. We don't want NO change, we want SMART change, well thought out, with no ulterior synergistic merchandising franchise-based influences. Like I said earlier, I personally want WDI to create new, original attractions like they used to.

Trust me...there are PLENTY of things that the most die-hard of die-hard Disney fans want to see changed.

Phroobar

Should they? Yes.

Do they
? No.
I disagree. If Walt Disney asked what people want to see at Disneyland, he would have gotten requests for things that are already at other amusement parks of the time. It took thinking outside of the box to create POTC or the HM. No one would ever request that kind of thing. Just look at our own responses to that question. Most forum members would respond with bring back something that use to exist instead of something complete new and outside of the box.

Disney should never listen to us. They should be creative and think outside the hot IP box.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Nice hyperbole, but nowhere did I say they should only listen to diehard fans. Obviously that would be dumb.

Also, I think you grossly underestimate what the die-hard fans actually want. We don't want NO change, we want SMART change, well thought out, with no ulterior synergistic merchandising franchise-based influences. Like I said earlier, I personally want WDI to create new, original attractions like they used to.

Trust me...there are PLENTY of things that the most die-hard of die-hard Disney fans want to see changed.
So please let me know exactly what changes that TWDC has made to either DL or DCA that most of you "die-hard" fans have welcomed in recent years?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I disagree. If Walt Disney asked what people want to see at Disneyland, he would have gotten requests for things that are already at other amusement parks of the time. It took thinking outside of the box to create POTC or the HM. No one would ever request that kind of thing. Just look at our own responses to that question. Most forum members would respond with bring back something that use to exist instead of something complete new and outside of the box.

Disney should never listen to us. They should be creative and think outside the hot IP box.
But thinking outside the hot IP box IS EXACTLY what I want Disney to do.......

Disney Analyst

I mean obviously modern Disney can still create wonderful new, original projects. Soarin at the time, Grizzly River (although it needs some Disney style show scenes with bears), Mystic Manor, Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine, Everest... but the reality is the short sidedness of the current industry sells, but will cost more in the long run as things become irrelevant. They need a balance.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

So not too much lately has the die hard fan cared for. Exactly my point. Anyway, don't mean to hijack the thread, and I'll go away now. Back to your regularly scheduled bashing.
....I'm not sure what point you were trying to make. hah. The recent changes have largely all been franchise/IP inclusion mandates from on high while most of "us" would have rather seen other stuff done...hence they don't listen to our opinions or care about them...which doesn't do anything but prove my first point that they don't care about our opinions...but they should.....

Carry on.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
....I'm not sure what point you were trying to make. hah. The recent changes have largely all been franchise/IP inclusion mandates from on high while most of "us" would have rather seen other stuff done...hence they don't listen to our opinions or care about them...which doesn't do anything but prove my first point that they don't care about our opinions...but they should.....

Carry on.
So you honestly believe that if they listened to y'all, that all the attractions they build would be that much better?

Disney Analyst

Carry on.

Well I mean, why should they? In the end they are a corporate entity who has one goal... so far they've been meeting or exceeding that goal. Clearly the forumula is working, for now.

Maybe once they start making less money, not breaking attendance records, maybe then they'll worry and ask us Disney purists how and when they went wrong, but until then I'd expect more IP's, as the merchandise sells and the crowds surge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom