Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainplane3

So far as I know, yes.
Oh good! I thought I was going to need to drive a bulldozer down there and take of it myself.

And on topic. As sad as it is to say, old Epcot is dead. I'm fine with the countries but futureworld feels like it needs a good refresh. I don't like possibly turning IP heavy but if it means an overhaul, I'll take it (even my parents hate the idea of cramming IPs in). Epcot always felt like it was forgotten about compared to the other parks (mk got FL, Studios have SW and TS, AK got Avatar). I will say though, whatever they have planned for Illuminations better not be IP heavy.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm probably not the first person to admit this, but Honey I Shrunk the Audience scared the living daylights out of me as a kid. That being said, I'd rather see it return to Imagination than run a bunch of Pixar shorts that have nothing to do with the theme of the pavilion.
My friends mom jumped up on her seat when the mice came running under the seats. So, you're not the first to be scared. :)

dclfan

I'm probably not the first person to admit this, but Honey I Shrunk the Audience scared the living daylights out of me as a kid. That being said, I'd rather see it return to Imagination than run a bunch of Pixar shorts that have nothing to do with the theme of the pavilion.

OMG me too. I would flat out refuse to go into this as a child. I would ride everything and then when it was time for HISTA I would sit outside with my dad and watch the jumping water lol

aladdin2007

If things aren't looking great for Epcot, then I'd prefer delays. Brush that stuff into the bin.

agree, if its changed that much and going down a hodge podge path, so long epcot, I was feeling kinda hopeful by how things were sounding that there would be some correlation or return to the parks original feel in some form no matter the ip. But if its all changed again that much? I fear this will be a new six flags. very upsetting.

clemmo

So far as I know, yes.
Is it more the idea of attractions like ips being shoved in or is it more that the funding is getting cut. Between this and what seems like problems in tomorrowland it seems like they're cutting budgets again.

Haymarket2008

Is it more the idea of attractions like ips being shoved in or is it more that the funding is getting cut. Between this and what seems like problems in tomorrowland it seems like they're cutting budgets again.

For the life of me, I do not understand how investing in the parks is something they are afraid to do. I don't see the reasoning behind significant cuts like those.

jt04

They could work on EoE and WOL pavilion without too much impact on guest experience. I'm surprised they haven't brought back to HISTA where Captain EO used to be played.

Hista and eo are examples of why using pop stars in theme parks is shortsighted

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For the life of me, I do not understand how investing in the parks is something they are afraid to do. I don't see the reasoning behind significant cuts like those.

It's not a matter of being afraid, it's a matter of then not seeing a reason to. Theme park attendance and profit continue to rise, why invest more?

Kman101

While I'm almost certain Toy Story Land won't live up to my expectations I'm sure it will still be enjoyable. I just wonder if fatigue, the old "this again" won't set in by the time the land opens. I haven't been following development, are any E's or D's planned for this land? Do we really need more Toy Story!? I did hear about scaling back... the value engineering. We can see what that did to Pandora. It's good but not great! But then again not all rides need to be mega super thrills.

Star Wars land is the more intriguing land and has a larger fanbase so I'm still hopeful this one will be a big hit with quality rides. It looks like it will be. The jab about a lack of benches: Boy oh boy do I agree with you there. What's up with that? Seems the only place to sit down anymore is in a restaurant.

Have you been to Pandora?

Kman101

Do you know how easy it is to get a job these days? I understand the sentiment, I used to think that way too but time and experience has shown me how naïve that mindset is.

Um, it's not as hard as it used to be. But it's not like Peter's saying quit and wait around hoping someone else hires you, keep the job while looking for something else ... it's called going to school to better yourself or actually making an effort to find something else. It's not really a naive mindset. I live in a small town and there are a ton of job postings. Tons. Jobs are out there. And especially in the Orlando area. It's called making an effort to better yourself instead of complaining about the job and pay you have. People make themselves feel stuck. I used to feel stuck too.

HMF

Personally, if they cut the funding for new attractions but keep the funding for the Central spine, I would consider it a victory. New Attractions can wait for a new management team that understands and appreciates the park for what it is supposed to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom