Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

wdrive

It's a pirate flag. It doesn't say "Peter Pan" on it. The new segment is a Pirates segment. I imagine the ship will still need a pirate flag.

It's just a LOT to take from one image. And beside all that, the Pirates segment is still VERY much in the new show.

Have you seen Fantasmic at Disneyland? It's large skull and crossbones flag which rips into two and looks nothing like anything from the Potc franchise and matches the Peter Pan look perfectly. It's not just a generic pirate flag.

wdrive

Ah I see.. so since it was there before people are just assuming it's still for Peter Pan and not for a new Pirates segment as if they couldn't re-use a pirates flag for a pirates scene? (which obviously makes no sense)

It would be beyond cheap reusing that flag for a Potc sequence. Have you even seen Disneyland's Fantasmic?

GiveMeTheMusic

It would be beyond cheap reusing that flag for a Potc sequence. Have you even seen Disneyland's Fantasmic?

Nothing is too "cheap" for Disney, gonna stop you right there.

There are many reasons why the flag could have been on the ship that day. Maybe they were testing it on the new rigs because the new flag isn't ready. Maybe the flag was lonely and just wanted to feel needed again.

What it doesn't mean is that the Pirates scene has been scrapped. I don't know how else to put this - the Peter Pan scene is not coming back. It has been replaced. The appearance of a flag for the day does not change that which is actually happening.

wdrive

Reusing that flag would be, I know they can be cheap but no one is that cheap. I'm pretty sure the studio would step in at that point and prevent them from using an old Peter Pan prop on a scene on one of their biggest franchises.

There are many reasons why the flag could have been on the ship that day. Maybe they were testing it on the new rigs because the new flag isn't ready. Maybe the flag was lonely and just wanted to feel needed again.

What it doesn't mean is that the Pirates scene has been scrapped. I don't know how else to put this - the Peter Pan scene is not coming back. It has been replaced. The appearance of a flag for the day does not change that which is actually happening.

I never ever said it was, I just posted a rumor, labeled as a rumor, which may or may not have suggested that the Pirates scene was being scrapped, something that has also been rumored.

In future I'll just not bother. How silly of me to post a rumor to discuss on a discussion board in a thread with rumor in the title.

wdrive

We're still months out from the show coming back, did it over occur to you it might just be a placeholder? And no, I've never seen Disneyland's Fantasmic. Just thought this would be a cool thread to hang out in. /s

Did it ever occur to you that it might not be a placeholder?
Again, I'm not saying anything one way or another I just put that rumor out there to discuss.

Curious Constance

Do you even know what Disneyland is?!

VJ

Reusing that flag would be, I know they can be cheap but no one is that cheap. I'm pretty sure the studio would step in at that point and prevent them from using an old Peter Pan prop on a scene on one of their biggest franchises.

I never ever said it was, I just posted a rumor, labeled as a rumor, which may or may not have suggested that the Pirates scene was being scrapped, something that has also been rumored.

In future I'll just not bother. How silly of me to post a rumor to discuss on a discussion board in a thread with rumor in the title.
You realize the same skull-and-crossbones design has been used on pretty much every pirate flag ever, right? Or do you think Disney should sue pirates who have been dead for 200 years for copyright infringement? ;) Well, wouldn't put it past 'em, but still.

oo_nrb

While using the exact same pirate flags that they used for the Pan segment would be cheap- I could see them spinning it as some sort of homage to the original segment, they'll market it as an easter egg for the fans to pick up on.

Sounds like this exactly. A pirate flag (lowercase p) in the new Pirates segment (uppercase P) that looks and behaves just like the one that was in the Pan segment, probably with the same stunt choreography, as a tribute/easter egg to an iconic moment in the original show. This is exactly in 2017 Disneyland's wheelhouse (see: spinning whirlibug things simiar to the MSEP ones in Paint the Night, old Disneyland props in the Matterhorn as well as (it sounds like) inside the Guardians queue, etc).

vancee

Didn't they redo the string or rope whatever the heck it is on the boat for the POTC scene? They hired a few weavers or whatever they were to redo the boat ropes. I saw a video from our homegirl She's in Los Angeles of them on the boat a month or so ago.

TP2000

It's a pirate flag. It doesn't say "Peter Pan" on it. The new segment is a Pirates segment. I imagine the ship will still need a pirate flag.

It's just a LOT to take from one image. And beside all that, the Pirates segment is still VERY much in the new show.

Thank you for clearing that up.

A pirate flag has to be draped off the back of the Columbia to cover the COLUMBIA - DISNEYLAND U.S.A. wording, which isn't very piratey.
sav188587LARGE.jpg

And they could just be using the old flag for rehearsals until the new flag comes in. Or the old flag works perfectly so they kept it.

Or, all this talk about Fantasmic!! 2.0 is all a bad rumor and Fake News, and on July 1st the original 1992 show will return with just a mist screen commercial at the start that says "Disney's MOANA - Now Available On Blu-Ray and Disney Digital Download"

wdrive

Hardcore Disney fans are arguing over a stupid pirate flag rumor. And yet some think Disney needs to pay more attention to hardcore Disney fans. Yeah, that's a group that needs more input into how Disney is run.

And even worse, you take the time to read it and comment on it.

I apologize for discussing a rumor on a rumor thread on a discussion board.

BrianLo

And even worse, you take the time to read it and comment on it.

I apologize for discussing a rumor on a rumor thread on a discussion board.

We appreciate rumours, but there is a difference between extrapolation guesswork and a rumour. Nothing wrong with extrapolation, but when people who know better tell you it's reaching, don't start aggressively reaching further.

It's like Carsland in DHS, PTN to WDW, or Ironman Experience to Disneyland. If many people over and over say they aren't true, don't keep arguing about it (unless you've personally seen the plans).

Thank you for clearing that up.

A pirate flag has to be draped off the back of the Columbia to cover the COLUMBIA - DISNEYLAND U.S.A. wording, which isn't very piratey.
sav188587LARGE.jpg

And they could just be using the old flag for rehearsals until the new flag comes in. Or the old flag works perfectly so they kept it.

Or, all this talk about Fantasmic!! 2.0 is all a bad rumor and Fake News, and on July 1st the original 1992 show will return with just a mist screen commercial at the start that says "Disney's MOANA - Now Available On Blu-Ray and Disney Digital Download"

"Welcome to Fantasmic!! Now starring Moana and her friend, the Ocean!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom