Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMansionFLA

It is a water management permit to adjust the allowable area of impermeable surfaces. It will enable construction in the area to occupy a larger surface area. Impermeable surfaces can be anything solid, from a parking lot to a skyscraper.
Thanks - that's pretty vague permit:) thank you for clarifying

Kamikaze

during the most dramatic makeover of any Disney park ever, they created the whole 1930s Hollywood design...It is the entrance and centerpiece of the park...YES! It is still themed to 1930s Hollywood, and it looks beautiful.

This is not correct. Hollywood Land was/is ToT, Hyperion Theater, and Monsters Inc. It also included the building that contained the Disney Junior show, but that is currently closed and is soon to be replaced by a show featuring Mickey's Roadster Racers. The only attraction that was themed to 1930s Hollywood from those is obviously ToT. The facades for the other attractions do not scream 'I'm from 1930!' in any outward way like ToT did. I want to see someone tell me how Monsters Inc, Frozen (or Aladdin) or Disney Junior takes place in the 30s.

The entrance area is called Buena Vista Street. Which is actually themed to the 20s. Its supposed to look like LA did when Walt arrived.

Kamikaze

Have you even been to Epcot? It's already a cheap shadow of a progressive city, it has no room for a mini one with talking animals. And to think you're worried about AK's cohesion...

It was never supposed to be a progressive city.

That was E.P.C.O.T., Progress City of Walt's dreams. That was never built and never attempted to be built.

Princess Leia

They could work on EoE and WOL pavilion without too much impact on guest experience. I'm surprised they haven't brought back to HISTA where Captain EO used to be played.
I'm probably not the first person to admit this, but Honey I Shrunk the Audience scared the living daylights out of me as a kid. That being said, I'd rather see it return to Imagination than run a bunch of Pixar shorts that have nothing to do with the theme of the pavilion.

EricsBiscuit

Free tickets don't pay your rent and it's not as easy as "they can quit any time they'd like." Maybe consider supporting companies that don't charge ridiculous prices while keeping even their park managers under the poverty line.

Actually they can quit. They knew starting off the pay would suck it was totally optional. It's just like with teachers: it's a career choice, you know the pay's gonna suck, so don't complain about it. If it sucked so bad they wouldn't have almost 75,000 people working for them in WDW alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom