FDD walk through

ELG13

Original Poster
This is our first time using it for an extended trip where I'm really having ro plan multiple meals in different locations. My husband thinks I crazy but he has not idea how difficult making these reservations can be! Anyways, we have the standard plan with a quick service and a table service. So I'm needing clarification on what is covered now a days. For example, the night we get in we are doing Raglan Road for dinner. Can appetizers or dessert be counted as snacks? I know that we will be paying out of pocket for a few things like alcohol and I'm trying to get an idea of what else...is anything included for the kids at table service meals like a scoop of ice cream??

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This is our first time using it for an extended trip where I'm really having ro plan multiple meals in different locations.
You're holding multiple reservations at different restaurants in the same time slot? While not explicitly forbidden, that's generally frowned upon as it prevents other guests from being able to make those reservations.

My husband thinks I crazy but he has not idea how difficult making these reservations can be! Anyways, we have the standard plan with a quick service and a table service. So I'm needing clarification on what is covered now a days. For example, the night we get in we are doing Raglan Road for dinner. Can appetizers or dessert be counted as snacks? I know that we will be paying out of pocket for a few things like alcohol and I'm trying to get an idea of what else...is anything included for the kids at table service meals like a scoop of ice cream??
https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...dining-plans/2017-disney_dining_plan_0117.pdf

ELG13

Original Poster
You're holding multiple reservations at different restaurants in the same time slot? While not explicitly forbidden, that's generally frowned upon as it prevents other guests from being able to make those reservations.

Nope...definitely not doing that. We have a long stay so I'm making reservations at multiple spots on different days. Differnce table service meals between different resorts for breakfast and dinner.

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...dining-plans/2017-disney_dining_plan_0117.pdf

Thanks!

ELG13

Original Poster
Oops my reply for the other part ended up in the quote! But no I'm not making multiple reservations for the same spot. Different ones for different days at different locations. I may be a disney newbie but I'm no ADR hoarder lol!

ELG13

Original Poster
Good to know it does include dessert.. I mean it's vacation so you HAVE to get dessert!! I read in a few places they had taken that off. But it didn't mention appetizers so I assume that's not included.
Also, I saw it said cinderellas royal table had gratuity included. We are using 2 table service credits to cover that...so does the gratuity get charged to the card on file to hold it??

jgj123

Also, I saw it said cinderellas royal table had gratuity included. We are using 2 table service credits to cover that...so does the gratuity get charged to the card on file to hold it??
You don't get charged for the gratuity. It's part of the 2 TS credits.

vcstr

I think you mostly have this answered now but to clarify, table services meals include a dessert but no appetizer for anyone 3 and over. You cannot use snack credits for anything (even desserts or appetizers) at table-service restaurants so if you wanted an appetizer as well you would be paying out of pocket for it!

JillC LI

I think you mostly have this answered now but to clarify, table services meals include a dessert but no appetizer for anyone 3 and over. You cannot use snack credits for anything (even desserts or appetizers) at table-service restaurants so if you wanted an appetizer as well you would be paying out of pocket for it!

Yes TS meals now include a dessert but no appetizer - EXCEPT I believe that an appetizer IS included if you eat dinner at one of the restaurants that includes a Fantasmic seating at DHS. Otherwise, if you want an appetizer or an extra dessert at a TS restaurant, you pay out of pocket, not with a snack credit.

Rob562

Good to know it does include dessert.. I mean it's vacation so you HAVE to get dessert!! I read in a few places they had taken that off. But it didn't mention appetizers so I assume that's not included.

The dessert thing you're thinking of is the Quick Service credit. They used to include a dessert with each QS meal. Instead, they took it off and gave you an extra Snack credit.

A lesser-known tip: some Table Service restaurants will allow you to substitute a cup of soup or side salad in place of the dessert, but this is decided by each restaurant so you'd have to ask your server.

-Rob

dreamfinder

Any restaurant that requires payment upfront will charge you card, but will be refunded when you actually show up and use the dining credits to pay for the meal. Even if a guest has the dining plan, there is no guarantee that they will use it for any given meal so they charge the card just in case.

TheMouseFan

Any restaurant that requires payment upfront will charge you card, but will be refunded when you actually show up and use the dining credits to pay for the meal. Even if a guest has the dining plan, there is no guarantee that they will use it for any given meal so they charge the card just in case.
I did not get charged for my CRT breakfast when I reserved it online. I was asked if we would be using dining plan and only used my credit card as a hold like any other ADR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom