Club 32 Lounge

Disney Dad 3000

I do kinda see where Angels is coming from with the concern. Maybe because I am spoiled with Disney World's space in-between parks, but the first time I went to Disneyland and could see the Tower of Terror from the Magic Kingdom it was weird. :p And the plaza transition feels like walking out of the Magic Kingdom into the front of Hollywood Studios.

Long time CA visitors probably aren't phased by that - but it was something I noticed.

I was trying to find the right picture from what I remembered -- but I instead found this one. Cinderella Castle with Mysterious Island behind it:geek:
tdgm098103299fi-440x264.jpg

I agree. While this has been true pie in the sky, there was a great deal of thought in the first park about transitions, sight lines, planning, layout, etc to be as real world as possible. I think in the interest of keeping that thinking going, it only makes sense to consider real world logistical issues like location and visuals between the two.

D Hulk

I do kinda see where Angels is coming from with the concern. Maybe because I am spoiled with Disney World's space in-between parks, but the first time I went to Disneyland and could see the Tower of Terror from the Magic Kingdom it was weird. :p And the plaza transition feels like walking out of the Magic Kingdom into the front of Hollywood Studios.

Long time CA visitors probably aren't phased by that - but it was something I noticed.

I was trying to find the right picture from what I remembered -- but I instead found this one. Cinderella Castle with Mysterious Island behind it:geek:
tdgm098103299fi-440x264.jpg
Correct, California locals don't find the DL/DCA transition strange at all. Granted, I've not seen WDW, so I have no other expectation for sister parks. And Buena Vista Street (and Carthay Circle) was carefully designed to visually compliment Main Street 50 yards away. And park hopping under 5 minutes is a big plus for guests and operations! So this is a good arrangement for a spatially-challenged park. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Correct, California locals don't find the DL/DCA transition strange at all. Granted, I've not seen WDW, so I have no other expectation for sister parks. And Buena Vista Street (and Carthay Circle) was carefully designed to visually compliment Main Street 50 yards away. And park hopping under 5 minutes is a big plus for guests and operations! So this is a good arrangement for a spatially-challenged park. :)
Haha it was so weird coming from the wdw side of things -- but I think with the right planning we should have no problem with it. :bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@Princess Leia -- if you'd like, for the past few months we've been designing a Sydney Disneyland - this is the outline to our first park! If you have any suggestions or feedback feel free to chime in! We've been discussing a 2nd park, but I figured I'd catch you up before jumping into that:)
Here's a combined overview of the park in case you don't want to read each individual post.

Sydney Disneyland
33835289623_690fb9b2f1_b.jpg

Fantasia Gardens
fantasiafinal1-jpg.202614

Overview

Approaching the gates from either the transportation drop off to the right, or Sydney Springs to the left, you will see an old 1900s Australian authentic train station similar to one seen in Saving. Mr Banks, at the front of the park. The old wooden structure blends in with the facades of Sydney Springs, almost as if you're unsure there is a theme park behind the train station.

The railroad steam engine blows and rings its bells as it approaches the lofted station on the second level. Below the train station are two 'curtains' with a floral Mickey designed in the grassy area between them. As guests go through bag/ticket check, they can choose between one or two curtain entrances to walk through to the park, as they are the cinematic stars of this show.

Upon entering under the train station, guests are immersed in the worlds of Walt Disney's Fantasia. To the left is a large concert hall dining experience inspired by the music from the films. Music plays a vital role in this park and at one of the main shops. Toccata and Fugue at the front entrance, guests can purchase a magical (i.e. RFID) Sorcerer’s hat, one which brings the land’s interactive elements to life - similar to the Harry Potter wands at WWoHP.

A variation on the Partners statue stands at the entrance to the 'Main Street': Mickey in his sorcerer getup, and Walt atop a platform with baton ready to conduct an orchestra. As you look at the statue, and then look back at the railroad station, you'll see that the 1900s Sydney aesthetic is no longer there...and a floral design similar to the ones throughout Fantasia Gardens is present.

From that point on you can travel to the various areas to explore throughout the land. From quaint walk-through areas inspired by the Snow White Wishing Well in Disneyland, to interactive shop experiences, and so much more as you walk through the world of Fantasia.

Attractions
Disneyland Railroad (featuring the Rite of Spring) - A-Ticket
Horse-Drawn Carriages - A-Ticket
Ave Maria Walk-Through - B-Ticket
Firebird Suite Walk-Through - B-Ticket

Restaurants
TS - Concert Hall
QS - Bacchus's Winery and Mediterranean Bites
QS - Jaccus's Fruit Cart
QS - Yo-Yo Flamingo Ice Cream Shop
QS - Rhapsody in Brew

Shops
Dance of the Hours
The Steadfast Tin Soldier
Pines of Rome
Toccata and Fugue
Carnation Gardens - Flower Shop

Entertainment
Ballet Dancers - walk-around
Pomp and Circumstance Donald/Daisy - walk-around
Meet the Soundtrack - little Fantasia intermission with an anthropomorphized sound line
Piano and Drum Trolley - walk-around
Flamingo Pool - real flamingo pool similar to Disney's Animal Kingdom
Clair du Lune - Features herons in the Florida everglades

As you get to the Fantasia Gardens hub - several shows are presented on the Fantasia Castle Stage throughout the day and at night as part of the nighttime show. The hub offers several green areas to sit in the shade, or lounge on the grass as you watch the shows on the waterfront, looking up at the incredible Fantasia Castle design.

Pacific Wharf
30-jpg.199986

Overview

Pacific Wharf is an idealized version of San Francisco circa roughly 1905, at the height of the city’s opulence just before the Great Earthquake. Here guests find fantastic glittering wealth, but also great lawlessness. The Barbary Coast region along the docks is a known den of sailors, brigands, and thieves, the terminus of the Wild West where cowboys meet the Orient. Mansions pepper the hillsides, filled with treasures from throughout the known world. There is more than a little of Tony Baxter’s Discovery Bay in this land.

Attractions
Tower of Terror - E-Ticket
Lombard Street (Wild Mouse Coaster) - C-Ticket
Museum of the Weird - Unknown Ticket
Convict Island Explorations - B-Ticket
Canoes - B-Ticket
Cable Cars - A-Ticket

Restaurants
TS - Club 32
QS - Mandarin Kitchen
QS - Sydney Duck's Saloon
QS - Sarah's Sourdough Shack
QS - Bayside Bites & Confectionary

Shops
Tower Merchandise
Golden Dragon Supply Co.
Captain Bluebeard's Pier Gear
The Disney Gallery
The One-of-a-Kind Shop
Miss Lilly's Perfumery

Entertainment
Specifically for Pacific Wharf, my first thought is to do something similar to DHS' Citizens of Hollywood (which I've not seen in person), or Knott's "live theater" Ghost Town Live. In Pacific Wharf this would be like Cops & Robbers - Characters from each persuasion roam the streets and try to "recruit" guests. Occasionally they'll run into each other and have minor skirmishes - nothing too extreme, it's Disney!

Additionally, spilling out of Chinatown is a Chinese New Year Parade, complete with the classic giant dragon (a line of men under a puppet) plus amazing Chinese acrobats and musicians. Maybe this specifically happens a few times a day like the Newsies singers who ride DCA's Red Car Trolley.

Not to directly copy the Mexican Xochimilco boats, but to use something like them (low-slung, high-capacity compared to canoes, more relaxing, more visually exciting). Plus they can carry performers! Fill one boat with musicians who then travel all three lands (AL, FL, PW), playing music which somehow (?!) fits every location.

Frontierland
17991484_1723331241015701_8422145036548423971_o.jpg

Overview and Backstory

In Victoria, Australia in the late 1840s, miners like William Issac struck gold amid the hills and mountains until the next decade when hear-tell of folks in California soon made settlers in Australia, travel east to the US in search of even more gold. William Issac and his mining company moved to the American West to find competition among the settlers, however while the gold had run out by the time Issac reached the West, he found great trading opportunities of fur and wool in the rivers of what he dubbed "Victoria Creek" Falls.

Over the years though, Issac grew a deep animosity to one Barnabas T. Bullion, a member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, and the Big Thunder Mining Co across the West. Issac even had a witch doctor place a voodoo curse on Big Thunder, and ever since that instance, the miners have been afraid to enter. There have also been stories told of a runaway mine train roaring through the Big Thunder Mountain in a territory known as "Rainbow Ridge"

Rainbow Ridge is colorful and active frontier town home to cowboys, bandits, and singing critters which adds life to the region. Rainbow Ridge is where Barnabas T. Bullion settled, and its evident from the people in the town that work for the Big Thunder Mining Co, that they don't like him tarnishing the beautiful colored canyons of what the settlers dub, Nature's Wonderland. In the age of steam engines and the expansion of the transcontinental railroad, steam engines can roar into Rainbow Ridge Station, and travel through the Western Mountains to see the canyons from the rails as well.

However, as the gold ran out, some adventures made the trek to the 'country' side of the Frontier, and crossed the Mississippi to the Southern Bayou life of the old south -- Red River Bayou. Similar to Rainbow Ridge, Red River Bayou is lively and eclectic. It is home to Chickapin Hill and all the favorite characters from Song on the South on Splash Mountain, and it also has the quaint New Orleans corner, featuring Princess and the Frog - Escape from the Other Side, as well as Tiana's Place for a dining option.

Overall -- Frontierland is a wide ranging land that offers so much to do for the whole family.

Attractions
Western River Expedition - E-Ticket
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - E-Ticket
Splash Mountain - E-Ticket
Victoria Creek Rafts - C-Ticket
Princess and the Frog: Escape from the Other Side - C-Ticket
Nature's Wonderland Walking-Trail - B-Ticket
Barbary Coast Ship Dock Walk-Through - B-Ticket
Canoes - B-Ticket
Disneyland Railroad - A-Ticket

Restaurants
QS -Timber Peak Saloon
QS - Jamboree Junction
QS - Bear Crossing
QS - Tiana's Place

Shops
Rainbow Ridge General Store
Pine Creek Souvenirs
William Issac's Crafts and Goods
Splashin' Place

Entertainment
Paging @MonorailRed

Adventureland
13006729_1337582502923912_4219004424970676370_n.jpg

Overview
While Adventureland will span hundreds of thousands of years in 'content' - from the 1400s Caribbean, to demi-gods that have lived through 3000 years of history in the Polynesia Islands, the common threads throughout Adventureland will be that spirit of discovery as well as...music.

Music will play a vital role in keeping everything connected. Each attraction will have a classic soundtrack or score, that are unique on their own, but combined together in one land, creates a music sensation unlike any other land. From Pirates to Moana, to the Enchanted Tiki Room, to Lilo & Stitch, each will have a vital soundtrack telling the story of adventure.

From mischief and not giving a hoot in Pirates, to finding out 'how far you'll go' in Moana, to finding a 'tropical paradise' in the Tiki Room, to discovering a 'Hawaiian Roller Coaster' ride to ohana with Lilo and Stitch. Each adventure in Adventureland offers a journey that stands on its own, but is connected by the thread of music that guides you through the attractions, restaurants, and shops. The music is the linchpin that ties the land together.

Along with the music -- the locations in Adventureland flow together starting in the Caribbean (traveling 'south' from Frontierland) However -- as seen in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, "up is down" -- so even though you're traveling north, you're actually going south.

And on the other side of the "Pacific is where the tropical Hawaiian and Polynesian attractions are located (Moana - in the Pacific), Tiki Room and Lilo in the islands.

Attractions
Pirates of the Caribbean - E-Ticket
Moana Lagoon Show - C-Ticket
The Enchanted Tiki Room Dark Ride - C-Ticket
Lilo and Stitch Treehouse - B-Ticket
Blackbeard's Ship Walk-Through - B-Ticket
Jack Sparrow's Captain Quest - B-Ticket

Restaurants
TS - Grotto Pirates Restaurant
QS - H'omaha Terrace
QS - Parakeet Island
QS - Sunshine Tree Terrace (Dole Whip Station)

Shops
Sails to Te Fiti
He Mele No Lilo
Dead Man's Chest
Caribbean Plaza
Adventureland Merchado

Entertainment
------------

Storybookland
14-jpg.198760

Overview

This land is a celebration of the classic Disney storytelling techniques of atmosphere, characters, and music -- taking guests and transporting them to the magical worlds of the films and stories that we all admire.

Entering through the marvelously crafted Fantasia castle, guests can board a boat ride with the one that started it all, Mickey Mouse, as he is Sorcerer Mickey on the Sorcerer's Apprentice (Fantasia Dark Ride), or you can travel west to the Crystal Palace Character Buffet Dining experience, which captures the heart and magic of all Disney Stories come to life and interacting with you.

Interaction with the characters and being an active part of the story will be apparent throughout the land -- as the land is based on the Storybookland Canal boats in Disney -- just on a much larger scale. While that attraction traveled through miniatures of the areas from classic Disney stories....here you will sail through, walk through, and ride the Casey Jr. rails through the stories in full scale, creating an incredibly vibrant environment for all to enjoy.

Throughout the whole land as can be seen on the map, are a plethora of trees, foliage, and water elements to compliment the attractions, and immerse them in their own worlds (something Fantasyland typically isn't known for) . Enveloping the stories in a forest setting for the most part, such as A Tangled Tale, Beauty and the Beast, and the Cinderella Chateau, creates unique environments, and also allows them to transition well between each other, despite the different architectural inspirations for each individual attraction.

Traveling back further we have our transition from the tropics of Adventureland into the world of Neverland, and eventually into old London, which houses attractions such as Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild ride, and Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday. With the Sotrybook Canals traveling around the whole land, in this area, the river is the Thames river, and looking up from the London waterfront at the various London cottage facades is one of the pinnacle points of the land as a whole.

Attractions
Peter Pan's Flight - E-Ticket
Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday - D-Ticket
Sorcerer's Apprentice - D-Ticket
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - C-Ticket
A Tangled Tale - C-Ticket
Beauty and the Beast Show - C-Ticket
Storybookland Canal Boats - B-Ticket
Casey Jr. Train - B-Ticket
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - B-Ticket
Lost Boys Neverland Play Area - B-Ticket
Cinderella Chateau - B-Ticket

Restaurants
TS - Crystal Palace
TS - Jolly Roger Restaurant (Peter Pan)
QS - Wind in the Willows (Fish and Chips)
QS - Spoonful of Sugar

Shops
Off to Neverland
Bojour Gifts
Mickey and the Beanstalk
Practically Perfect
Merlin's Treasures
Carousel of Flight
Pastoral Symphony Boutique (similar to Bibbity Bobbity)

Entertainment
Mickey's Golden Fantasy Ball - Castle Stage Show
Fairytale in the Stars Nighttime Show
PhilharMagic Parade

Shadowlands
4247539281543293957%253Faccount_id%253D9

Overview

The story of this land in the park begins with Fantasia. As the world of Fantasia opened throughout the Magic Kingdom, one section of Fantasia decided it would migrate to the far reaches of the park - the Night on Bald Mountain. While still seen at the proper angle from Fantasia Gardens....looking straight down the northeast wing of the hub, you look down at the dark and ominous Bald Mountain, standing over an expansive forest in front of it, with a town at its mountain base called Mussorgsky.

As Disney characters and stories began to populate the region of Storybookland, their villains were beginning to cause problems for the heroes, and were outcast from Storybookland proper (with their only appearances being when they would sneak in to cause trouble for the heroes - which is basically the plots of the various attractions like Peter Pan and such) However, most have been outcast to what is known as The Arcane Forest, with a barrier between them and Storybookland.

Deciding to settle down in the Arcane Forest, the Villains decided that with their combined efforts, they could eventually overthrow Storybookland, instead of taking the heroes on one at a time. Some agreed to this, others decided to go off on their own and plot their schemes such as Cruella De Vil and Ursula...two villains with a singular goal and enough motivation that they didn't need the help of other villains for their tasks. Gaston also decided that he needed his own space, and close to Belle as well, so he set up Gaston's Tavern right on the border wall of Storybookland where he would intimidate anyone who came through with how many push ups he could do.

However, as they set up shop, and the Villains decided to begin settling down, they realized that this land was already inhabited and controlled by the mighty Chernabog. Several villains were cowards in his presence and they realized that maybe they aren't as scary as they thought they were. People like Hades, Yzma, Kronk, and others sought help from some of the 'scarier' Disney Villains like Maleficent, Scar, The Evil Queen, and so on to help them become 'scarier'. Thus at the mercy of Chernabog, the Villains set up "Villains Academy" in the lush Arcane Forest, which the goal of overthrowing Storybookland.

Their plots haven't succeeded yet, but they allow guests into their territory to try and gain new followers and grow their 'villainous' team in the process. But be careful on your travels, especially back to Bald Mountain as that is where fear will find you.

Attractions
Bald Mountain - E-Ticket
Villains Academy - D-Ticket
Ursula's Scary Adventures - C-Ticket (Submarine Ride)
Cruella De Vil 101 Dalmatians - C-Ticket (transitions from London facades of Storybookland)

Restaurants
QS - Gaston's Tavern

Shops
Mussorgsky Town Hall
The Arcane Forest Lodge
Poor Unfortunate Shops

Entertainment
------------

Tomorrowland
wFdC4mG.png

Overview

In the future, we enter Progress City, which is a working living city of tomorrow. A Tomorrowland that shows human evolution in space travel, home and leisure, transportation, teleportation, and time travel. Throughout the land, guests can experience a Horizons sequel of sorts in Century 22, which shows how we have gotten to the future and the progress we can make. Space Mountain which blasts off into the neighboring galaxies on an out of this world adventure.

In addition to those thrilling experiences, guests can also drive through the streets of Progress City on Autopia, and visit the transportation hub, which is a double decker transportation facility, servicing the Disneyland Railroad on the ground floor, and the Disneyland Monorail on the second floor. This offers a second entrance to the park from the Disneyland Sydney Resorts on the monorail line, directly into Tomorrowland.

Overall - the future that never was, is finally here in this version of Tomorrowland

Attractions
Century 22 - E-Ticket
Space Mountain - E-Ticket
An Adventure in Time - D-Ticket
Andromeda Theater - C-Ticket
Tomorrowland Peoplemover - C-Ticket
Autopia - B-Ticket
Disneyland Monorail - B-Ticket
Disneyland Railroad - B-Ticket
Rocket Jets - B-Ticket

Restaurants
QS - Robotics Restaurant
QS - Perfect Park Acres

Shops
Brava Centauri Landings
The Physics Club
Merchant of Venus

Entertainment
--------

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom