Pre-Trip It's My Birthday and I Will Go to Disney If I Want To :)

That's right...its me again :)
Do I ever really leave??
Time for another PTR!

Who?

Also not surprising! Just my Mom and I :) (Mary and Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7998863182.jpeg

When?
July 4 - July 14 :) It was supposed to be July 6 or so but somehow it crept up to the 4th! If anyone has ever been there on the 4th any tips will be appreciated :) I'm excited to see the 4th of July Fireworks even if I have to fight big crowds :)

Where?
The Polynesian!
I gave this away in my PTR but I was able to book a bounce back and got a pretty stellar deal on the Poly. I actually could not get it for July 4th though so we are staying at the Villas and Bungalows part (help @Tuvalu whats the difference from the resort?). We hate moving hotels so the solution was just to pay AP discount price for a night then just store our luggage at the desk and not worry about moving it :)
DSC_0896_1.jpg

DSC_0897_1.jpg

Why?
Well, as the title indicates its my Birthday! I always wanted to go to Disney for my Birthday and this summer seemed like the perfect time to go (and brave the heat) since I have a two month break after finishing residency and before starting my real job :) We renewed our APs before they expired since it was cheaper and so here we are :)

Next up: some actual plans !

donaldtoo

Have followed parts of your great reports before (heck, I've followed parts of pretty much everyone's reports here before - sorry, I just can't keep up with 'em all :confused: ;), so I've never chimed in to most before).
Anyway, I just saw that your name is Megan and your birthday is July 13th. Our oldest DD's name is also Megan and her birthday is July 12th. She'll turn 26 the day before you turn 29.:)
She's been to WDW 4 times for her birthday...for her 10th, 13th, the all-important "Sweet 16" (a bunch of special stuff on that trip! :happy:), and on her 21st, where she was able to legally enjoy her first adult beverage in public. She was also proposed to in front of Cinderella Castle on the MK rope drop morning of her special day, after we road the trolley up MSUSA with the Dapper Dans on board singing "Happy Birthday" to her along the way...!!! :)

Is this your first birthday trip?

Anyhoo, congrats on the upcoming trip, and, also, on your recent accomplishments...!!! :)
Hope it's an awesome trip, and I'll try my best to keep up... :oops: :angelic: ;) :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yay birthday trips are that best. I usually try to plan my trip around my birthday at the end of June.

Hubby and I have been to WDW over the 4th a couple times. The fireworks at the Magic Kingdom are usually shown on the 3rd and the 4th and the special Illuminations is just on the 4th. We haven't seen the the Illuminations one as we get suckered into the MK ones on both nights. Last year we watched the fireworks on the 3rd from by Casey's and then on the 4th we had dinner at the California Grill and watched them from the viewing area there. The parks were busy, but I don't recall them being super packed last year compared to a previous 4th of July visit.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The three Poly longhouses closest to the TTC (Tokelau, Moorea and Pago Pago if you still have a map) are DVC. Guests can pay cash (DVC owners use points) to stay there. Poly DVC studio rooms have a queen bed, sleeper sofa and pull down Murphy bed. And two bathrooms (only one has a toilet.) The DVC rooms have a bit more square footage because those longhouses were additions to the original resort. All second floor rooms have balconies (unlike the other Poly longhouses.)

The decor is different (the use of brighter colors). And rooms have a microwave.

Just stow your luggage with Bell Services on check out day and retrieve it when your new room is ready.

samantha788

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Our meet up is FINALLY HAPPENING!!!! :joyfull: @prfctlyximprct @samantha788 are your flights booked yet??? :p
ALMOST BOOKED!! been meaning to message you guys, but planning July 9-13 and even thinking maybe at least one night at the poly!
Scored a breakfast reservation on my birthday with Flynn, Eric, rapunzel and Ariel after we loved it so much last week :inlove: you guys wanna come?!
What a fun birthday week for us!!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Following along. Birthdays at Disney are the best. Can't speak for the crowds on the 4th but it will be so exciting to just be there I wouldn't be too worried.

Yea I'm not too worried about the crowds..I was just hoping it wasn't a day they commonly close the park due to high levels but from my research that doesn't look too common :)

Have followed parts of your great reports before (heck, I've followed parts of pretty much everyone's reports here before - sorry, I just can't keep up with 'em all :confused: ;), so I've never chimed in to most before).
Anyway, I just saw that your name is Megan and your birthday is July 13th. Our oldest DD's name is also Megan and her birthday is July 12th. She'll turn 26 the day before you turn 29.:)
She's been to WDW 4 times for her birthday...for her 10th, 13th, the all-important "Sweet 16" (a bunch of special stuff on that trip! :happy:), and on her 21st, where she was able to legally enjoy her first adult beverage in public. She was also proposed to in front of Cinderella Castle on the MK rope drop morning of her special day, after we road the trolley up MSUSA with the Dapper Dans on board singing "Happy Birthday" to her along the way...!!! :)
Is this your first birthday trip?
Anyhoo, congrats on the upcoming trip, and, also, on your recent accomplishments...!!! :)
Hope it's an awesome trip, and I'll try my best to keep up... :oops: :angelic: ;) :)

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! Thats so funny that your daughter Megan has such a close Birthday/age! Sounds like her Disney Birthday trips have been great :) This is my first Birthday trip :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Our meet up is FINALLY HAPPENING!!!! :joyfull: @prfctlyximprct @samantha788 are your flights booked yet??? :p

ALMOST BOOKED!! been meaning to message you guys, but planning July 9-13 and even thinking maybe at least one night at the poly!
Scored a breakfast reservation on my birthday with Flynn, Eric, rapunzel and Ariel after we loved it so much last week :inlove: you guys wanna come?!
What a fun birthday week for us!!!

WOOHOO! I'm so excited for this meet up! See how I'm not saying hopeful meet up? Because its happening! I looked for that breakfast reservation and can't find it :(

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yay birthday trips are that best. I usually try to plan my trip around my birthday at the end of June.

Hubby and I have been to WDW over the 4th a couple times. The fireworks at the Magic Kingdom are usually shown on the 3rd and the 4th and the special Illuminations is just on the 4th. We haven't seen the the Illuminations one as we get suckered into the MK ones on both nights. Last year we watched the fireworks on the 3rd from by Casey's and then on the 4th we had dinner at the California Grill and watched them from the viewing area there. The parks were busy, but I don't recall them being super packed last year compared to a previous 4th of July visit.

I wish that we decided on July 4 way earlier than we did because I missed the 180 day window and have been searching and searching for California Grill but I know its unlikely I will find one :) I'm going to keep trying though :) Glad to hear its not super packed :) Touring Plans is predicting 7's and I was expecting 10s so not too bad then :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Happiest Birthday! You will surely have a blast, time to bring back some childhood memories. :D

Thank you! I am very excited! My last like 5 Birthdays have been pretty lame so this should be good :)

I'd love to spend my birthday at WDW - who wouldn't want to spend February in Florida? Not sure if I'd want to share with the Princess marathoners though :p Well, I could try..:D:D

You should do it :) I was down there participating in the PHM once and the crowds were pretty low !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
The three Poly longhouses closest to the TTC (Tokelau, Moorea and Pago Pago if you still have a map) are DVC. Guests can pay cash (DVC owners use points) to stay there. Poly DVC studio rooms have a queen bed, sleeper sofa and pull down Murphy bed. And two bathrooms (only one has a toilet.) The DVC rooms have a bit more square footage because those longhouses were additions to the original resort. All second floor rooms have balconies (unlike the other Poly longhouses.)

The decor is different (the use of brighter colors). And rooms have a microwave.

Just stow your luggage with Bell Services on check out day and retrieve it when your new room is ready.

OK awesome! Thanks! Wasn't sure what I was getting myself into and grabbed my feet too long to book the resort side :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Hooray!!! Excited to see your plans. You'll have to let me know how bad the heat is down there since I'll be going in August :D

Also funny that your last trip was Wilderness Lodge and this one is Poly. Those are out next two reservations, both are firsts for us! I always love reading your thoughts on the resorts.

When are you going in August?! I love both the WL and the Poly :)

Tony the Tigger

I wish that we decided on July 4 way earlier than we did because I missed the 180 day window and have been searching and searching for California Grill but I know its unlikely I will find one :) I'm going to keep trying though :) Glad to hear its not super packed :) Touring Plans is predicting 7's and I was expecting 10s so not too bad then :)

Don't give up! Last month, I kept trying and trying for California Grill, and one night (on property) after trying all day, at 7:30 PM, a reservation for 9 PM opened up with Wishes at 10 PM!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom