Big rides not available for MNSSHP!

PrincessMia

Original Poster
I just read on another board that Big Thunder Mtn, Jungle Cruise, and Mine Coaster will all be closed for the Halloween party. I'm beyond mad right now. That's part of the justification for me to spend $100 per ticket (which I did last week when the tickets went on sale!)- easier access to rides. I just don't understand. Just a rant...

DisneyBergh

This is the current attraction list from MNSSHP as of 9:20am this morning. BTMRR and JC are not on the list but 7DMT is.

Attachments

• mnsshp.JPG
    mnsshp.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 41

thomas998

Not to upset anyone... but Splash Mountain will not be open during the party. So you can add that one to the list of closed rides during the party.... but if it makes you feel better it will be closed during regular hours as well until mid November.

PrincessMia

Original Poster
Where did you see the correction? PM me if necessary
My husband sent me a screen shot from a website, but I can't tell which. Last night, he read me a story that said Disney had originally released the list without the Mine Coaster, but then added it back. Maybe because of the back lash? I'm really disappointed about BTMR too- I have a fond memory of riding that during our last Halloween party.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I just read on another board that Big Thunder Mtn, Jungle Cruise, and Mine Coaster will all be closed for the Halloween party. I'm beyond mad right now. That's part of the justification for me to spend $100 per ticket (which I did last week when the tickets went on sale!)- easier access to rides. I just don't understand. Just a rant...
MNSSHP without those rides severely hampers the value proposition if you ask me.

I'm glad they added the Mine Train back in, but still... Big Thunder Mountain and the Jungle Cruise are HUGE fan favorites, and I'd feel a bit betrayed if I went in expecting to ride those and found them closed.

wendysue

If I have already paid $700+ for an AP and then I have to pay $70 to 80 for a party ticket, ALL the rides better be open!!!! That being said....I am obviously not going to go to either holiday party. What really gets me is, paying for the AP + party ticket and then they still want to upcharge you for a dessert party or a special place to sit or some nonsense! Enough. Hopefully, I can get back down there a couple times before the pass expires in Feb. of 2018, but if not, oh well. Won't be renewing.

thomas998

MNSSHP without those rides severely hampers the value proposition if you ask me.

I'm glad they added the Mine Train back in, but still... Big Thunder Mountain and the Jungle Cruise are HUGE fan favorites, and I'd feel a bit betrayed if I went in expecting to ride those and found them closed.

I can actually understand them closing Jungle Cruise, last time we did the Halloween party JC was an absolute walk on and we shared a boat with maybe a dozen other people. I can see why they would think it was a waste to keep it open during the party...What this also means though if the ride is open but only closes during the party, you just need to ride them between 4 and 7 on the day of the party... would be easy to rid both Big Thunder and Jungle Cruise with that 3 hour period whether you had a fastpass for them or not.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I can actually understand them closing Jungle Cruise, last time we did the Halloween party JC was an absolute walk on and we shared a boat with maybe a dozen other people. I can see why they would think it was a waste to keep it open during the party...What this also means though if the ride is open but only closes during the party, you just need to ride them between 4 and 7 on the day of the party... would be easy to rid both Big Thunder and Jungle Cruise with that 3 hour period whether you had a fastpass for them or not.

The answer there is to make it part of the event. The trick would be how to convert the Jungle Cruise to a halloween themed pun-filled experience without affecting day to day operation, and without HW-theming or very little of it. The first thing that comes to mind is to set every boat up with a lantern only. Slap on some spider webs. Keep the attraction dark or mostly dark and somehow incorporate projected effects and spooky jungle sounds. Or maybe glowing ghostly animals using paint + blacklight. They could make it work. Man, I'd fully commit to purchasing a MNSSHP ticket TODAY if it came with a special Jungle Cruise event.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The answer there is to make it part of the event. The trick would be how to convert the Jungle Cruise to a halloween themed pun-filled experience without affecting day to day operation, and without HW-theming or very little of it. The first thing that comes to mind is to set every boat up with a lantern only. Slap on some spider webs. Keep the attraction dark or mostly dark and somehow incorporate projected effects and spooky jungle sounds. Or maybe glowing ghostly animals using paint + blacklight. They could make it work. Man, I'd fully commit to purchasing a MNSSHP ticket TODAY if it came with a special Jungle Cruise event.
Call it the River Styx Cruise.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'd agree except that JC is one of the few attractions that can adjust for crowds in real time... all they have to do is park the boats until they have a full load (or minimum, whatever they deem is best for the CM staffing level).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom