Really, no security cameras?

BigRedDad

Disney is the Happiest Place on Earth, not the Safest. Think about it. You have 100,000 people per day (I don't know the exact number). All of them think that everyone is there to have fun and not ruin anyone's. Guess what? Thieves know that too. 100,000 unsuspecting guests each day, strollers moved at each attraction, stuff in the strollers like pack mules. It would not be hard for a thief to watch and pray on it. When they see an $1,800 stroller, you better be sure if they see bags and other things in it that it is a gold mine. They simply watch it get put in place, wait a few minutes, then walk up pushing it like there is no tomorrow. No one would even question it. The only thing that could be done is Disney doing "Bait Stroller".

LJF

Disney is the Happiest Place on Earth, not the Safest. Think about it. You have 100,000 people per day (I don't know the exact number). All of them think that everyone is there to have fun and not ruin anyone's. Guess what? Thieves know that too. 100,000 unsuspecting guests each day, strollers moved at each attraction, stuff in the strollers like pack mules. It would not be hard for a thief to watch and pray on it. When they see an $1,800 stroller, you better be sure if they see bags and other things in it that it is a gold mine. They simply watch it get put in place, wait a few minutes, then walk up pushing it like there is no tomorrow. No one would even question it. The only thing that could be done is Disney doing "Bait Stroller".
Bait Stroller is a great idea! Rigged with cameras and handcuffs that deploy from the stroller handle locking you up sounding a very loud siren and very bright flashing lights. That would be something to see

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Bait Stroller is a great idea! Rigged with cameras and handcuffs that deploy from the stroller handle locking you up sounding a very loud siren and very bright flashing lights. That would be something to see
The only problem with that would be that sometimes people genuinely make mistakes and grab the wrong stroller and how would the stroller distinguish between a mistake and a genuine intent to steal? It would definitely be funny to see someone make a mistake if all the things you mentioned would happen to them though. LOL!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well, I guess thieves deserve some happiness, too...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I can see the older CMs telling the new guy, "Hey, Bob, how about moving that stroller over there..."

Nemo14

I'm pretty sure there are more security cameras at the resorts than you think. A few years ago a fellow WDWMagic member was going to be staying at Coronado Springs a week or so after we would be in the area, so we told him that we would hide something for him in the resort, and would give him some photo clues where to find it. We taped it under a bench by the restrooms - I sat on the bench and my husband knelt down and pretended to be tying my shoe while he pressed the taped-up surprise to the underside of the bench. My friend never found it that next week. A month or 2 later we happened to be in the area again, so my husband insisted that we look to see if it was still there, so we basically did the same shoe-tying scenario. No luck, so we just wandered over towards the gift shop. Seconds later we realized we were being followed by acouple of plain-clothes people, who followed us all the way to the parking lot. :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Last edited:

thomas998

Disney wants to keep guests thinking they are under close observation at all times. If someone thinks they're being watched, they will tend to behave themselves. Its when they think no ones monitoring them that they will take the chance to steal or be destructive. I'm surprised they don't post signs as a deterrent.
th
Reminds me of a bank I used to work in that had multiple cameras all over the place but one had 1 that actually worked, the rest were just fake cameras.

KBLovedDisney

I hate to be picky, but many people get this wrong. Disneyland park is "The Happiest Place on Earth", while the Magic Kingdom is "The Most Magical Place on Earth".
I've gotten to the point where I correct random people I don't know because it starts to become a pet peeve from hearing it incorrect so many times...

Seabasealpha1

I'm still hung up on $1800 stroller...that's what we had to pay after insurance for the birth of our second son...

One questions what logic makes one want to drag an $1800 stroller anywhere ever...or even purchase one...

For that kinda money, the darn thing better have a microwave underneath the seats and push itself via GPS...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm still hung up on $1800 stroller...that's what we had to pay after insurance for the birth of our second son...

One questions what logic makes one want to drag an $1800 stroller anywhere ever...or even purchase one...

For that kinda money, the darn thing better have a microwave underneath the seats and push itself via GPS...
No idea what brand the stroller stolen was, but a company called Mima sells a stroller that starts in the $1400 range. They are absolutely beautiful, well engineered and possibly worth the money if you have it.

The reality is that there are plenty of people out there where buying an $1800 on a stroller has less impact on their financial health than you or I super sizing our value meal would have on ours.

Last edited:

Hockey Nut

I still can't believe how many people are hung up on the price of the stroller. What difference does it make? If they can afford to pay that, so be it. It was still stolen.

JIMINYCR

I still can't believe how many people are hung up on the price of the stroller. What difference does it make? If they can afford to pay that, so be it. It was still stolen.

Yes, just because the guest bought a highly expensive stroller and probably could afford to replace it, took it on vacation, it doesn't mean she didn't feel the loss of being robbed any less than someone whose cheap stroller was stolen. She or her husband worked for that stroller, paid good money for it, wasn't thinking that there would be thievery going on in Disney, ( Its a safe place isn't it? ) and the focus should be on the theft not the cost they paid for it or the decision they made taking it to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom