Haunted Mansion Restaurant

HMF

If you haven't been in a decade and every decision the company makes seems to push you away further, with all due respect, why hang around a message board?
Because I Passionately care about the parks and am looking forward to the day when/if the mistakes of the last decade are fixed. Also I have been to Disneyland in that time where things are still "Mostly" done right.

Nickels5

Because I Passionately care about the parks and am looking forward to the day when/if the mistakes of the last decade are fixed. Also I have been to Disneyland in that time where things are still "Mostly" done right.
You are the reverse JT, hes never been to the park and thinks everything is great, you haven't been there in over a decade and all you do is complain, things are much better when you experience them first hand. Videos and pictures are great but you don't get the whole feel.

MaximumEd

Fair enough. You should go. Being there is actually quite fun.

HMF

You are the reverse JT, hes never been to the park and thinks everything is great, you haven't been there in over a decade and all you do is complain, things are much better when you experience them first hand. Videos and pictures are great but you don't get the whole feel.
I have been to the parks, though and I saw the slow decline throughout my 4 visits, Plus I have been to Disneyland twice which is an eye-opening experience that makes WDW's flaws all the more obvious. I am not however pathologically negative and always hope for the best but have been disillusioned time and time again by TDO's cheapness and the lack of understanding the Company has for their own parks.

MCast

Unknown , but I am hoping it will be on the plot of land that currently houses the god-awful Interactive Queue

I doubt they're going to waste money to tear down the fairly new queue. Throwing away money would be "horrific" to Disney. Pun intended.

MaximumEd

I spend a good bit of time on the boards. Some of the issues at WDW I notice on my own. Others I wouldn't probably notice without reading someone else's take on them. Nevertheless, my family always has a blast every time we go. Nothing is ever going to be exactly like I want it to be, but it's still a very unique place, and one of the few that offers something for my whole family in a way like no other place we've been can do. Don't miss the forest for the trees. Just go and enjoy it.

HMF

I doubt they're going to waste money to tear down the fairly new queue. Throwing away money would be "horrific" to Disney. Pun intended.
The Queue was one part of the biggest examples of throwing away money in WDW history. If in doubt, go ask "The Puckish Gladhandler" or the "Oddly waifish man of anemic personality".

HMF

I spend a good bit of time on the boards. Some of the issues at WDW I notice on my own. Others I wouldn't probably notice without reading someone else's take on them. Nevertheless, my family always has a blast every time we go. Nothing is ever going to be exactly like I want it to be, but it's still a very unique place, and one of the few that offers something for my whole family in a way like no other place we've been can do. Don't miss the forest for the trees. Just go and enjoy it.
I concur, If I thought there was nothing of value left I wouldn't be here. I just think the forest is cutting down too many trees or in this case adding out-of-place ornaments that detract from the tree.

Bocabear

It really is awful, and they could actually move the pieces of the cemetary and repurpose them if they wanted to use the property for a restaurant... They could actually create a "Carriage Road Bypass along the river bank that would go past the PLQ to the propert behind. The old Keelboats building could be the check in Entrance kiosk before passing the guests on to the restaurant proper...kind of like what they needed at Be Our Guest.

HMF

It really is awful, and they could actually move the pieces of the cemetary and repurpose them if they wanted to use the property for a restaurant... They could actually create a "Carriage Road Bypass along the river bank that would go past the PLQ to the propert behind. The old Keelboats building could be the check in Entrance kiosk before passing the guests on to the restaurant proper...kind of like what they needed at Be Our Guest.
I agree but PLQ at least the three crypts has to go.

Nickels5

I have been to the parks, though and I saw the slow decline throughout my 4 visits, Plus I have been to Disneyland twice which is an eye-opening experience that makes WDW's flaws all the more obvious. I am not however pathologically negative and always hope for the best but have been disillusioned time and time again by TDO's cheapness and the lack of understanding the Company has for their own parks.
The parks are still the best in the world, I understand being disappointed in some of their choices, but more times then not they are doing things the right way. Every time I still find it just as magical as the time before. Try going in with a positive attitude and watch what happens.

HMF

The parks are still the best in the world, I understand being disappointed in some of their choices, but more times then not they are doing things the right way. Every time I still find it just as magical as the time before. Try going in with a positive attitude and watch what happens.
When I am there, I am mostly happy. I don't go in looking or expecting to be disappointed. It is still my favorite place in the world, (Well other than Disneyland)

TheGhostWithTheMost

I find it kinda disturbing that some of you live with such blinding entitlement that you can't understand why someone might not be in the position to spend (waste?) thousands of dollars (if not tens of thousands of dollars) on a few days at Giant Cartoon Rodent Park. Some people don't have grand after grand to drop so they can ride the same 30 odd rides over and over again and those people are still allowed to have an opinion on the parks. Have you ever considered that Giant Cartoon Rodent Park East Coast might not be worth the exorbitant price for the product that now fails the quality tests it once excelled at?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom