Tell me everything Harry Potter!

Squigglove

Original Poster
I haven't been to Universal since 2000. I really want to see the HP stuff, but I need to know if you can walk through on all the HP attractions without doing the rides/coasters. I can't do coasters and considering the expense of Universal tickets it's been difficult to decide if it will be worth it!!
Please give me all you've got on HP. General info, recommendations, etc.
Thanks!

lebeau

I haven't been to Universal since 2000. I really want to see the HP stuff, but I need to know if you can walk through on all the HP attractions without doing the rides/coasters. I can't do coasters and considering the expense of Universal tickets it's been difficult to decide if it will be worth it!!
Please give me all you've got on HP. General info, recommendations, etc.
Thanks!

You can't walk through the attractions. You can take a tour of the queue for Forbidden Journeys. If you just flat-out can't do any kind of coaster, the only attraction you could experience is the Hogwarts Express. Gringott's and Flight of the Hippogriff are relatively tame if you have some ability to ride.

There's lots to see and do in the HP lands outside of the rides. If you're a big enough fan, it's probably still worth it just to explore the shops, see the shows and dine in the restaurants. You can make a day out of it if you take your time and explore. If you're willing to pony up for interactive wands, that adds another element you can enjoy outside of the rides.

And of course you will have access to the rest of the parks which do offer some non-coaster entertainment. So I think it can easily be worth the price of admission even if you skip anything approaching a thrill ride.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
You can walk through the lands and shops but there is no short cut through the lines on the rides to just see the artifacts. You would have to wait in the full line and exit at the loading zone.

BubbaQuest

You can walk through the lands and shops but there is no short cut through the lines on the rides to just see the artifacts. You would have to wait in the full line and exit at the loading zone.

This is not entirely true. Both Gringotts and Forbidden Journey have an alternate "castle tour" (aka Single Rider line). Unfortunately for Gringotts, this passes most of the themed queue so you will miss most of the themed elements.

However, for Forbidden Journey, in the single rider line you can see both the The Headmaster's office and the dark art's classroom. Both provide great photo ops in the single rider line. You will miss the primary portrait room, but there is a separate portrait room just for the single rider line. Both are impressive, although the main queue room has better theming.

You will also be able to enjoy the Ollivanders wand show, a brief interactive show before entering Ollivanders wand shop. The wait for this at Hogsmeade can be long since there is only one theater, but should be easy to enter in Diagon Alley since it has more theaters.

If you can handle the spinning Omnimovers in Haunted Mansion, and the drop in DL's version of Pirate's of the Caribbean, you can probably handle Gringotts. People keep calling it a roller coaster, but it is very tame. It's more like a mine train with cars that pivot to address the show scenes. Think Toy Story Mania only a little faster between scenes.

If you are a Harry Potter fan, I think it's worth it. Buy an interactive wand. Enjoy a butter beer, and explore your dark side in Knockturn Alley.

Squigglove

Original Poster
This is not entirely true. Both Gringotts and Forbidden Journey have an alternate "castle tour" (aka Single Rider line). Unfortunately for Gringotts, this passes most of the themed queue so you will miss most of the themed elements.

However, for Forbidden Journey, in the single rider line you can see both the The Headmaster's office and the dark art's classroom. Both provide great photo ops in the single rider line. You will miss the primary portrait room, but there is a separate portrait room just for the single rider line. Both are impressive, although the main queue room has better theming.

You will also be able to enjoy the Ollivanders wand show, a brief interactive show before entering Ollivanders wand shop. The wait for this at Hogsmeade can be long since there is only one theater, but should be easy to enter in Diagon Alley since it has more theaters.

If you can handle the spinning Omnimovers in Haunted Mansion, and the drop in DL's version of Pirate's of the Caribbean, you can probably handle Gringotts. People keep calling it a roller coaster, but it is very tame. It's more like a mine train with cars that pivot to address the show scenes. Think Toy Story Mania only a little faster between scenes.

If you are a Harry Potter fan, I think it's worth it. Buy an interactive wand. Enjoy a butter beer, and explore your dark side in Knockturn Alley.

This is very helpful indeed!!! I could do Haunted Mansion all day long.
Thank you all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom